23. Apr 2024, 11:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dol Guldur as an own subfaction?  (Gelesen 2215 mal)

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Dol Guldur as an own subfaction?
« am: 4. Mai 2016, 17:04 »
Now this will be my last post about this. (Sorry Edain, for all the DG posts:D)
But when playing as Mordor, i keep coming back to the same conclusion, that there should be 2 subfactions Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur.

Am i the only one that thinks Dol Guldur is strong enough to be an own subfaction of Mordor.
The movie might have been bad, but i think it gave us an army worthy Edain.
And now that we see the amazing work the Dwarves recieved. I think that in the future, maybe after MMs release, something similar could be worked out for Dol Guldur in Mordor.
And there certainly is enough material for it, even lore wise, there are a few things that would fit better this way.
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Dol Guldur as an own subfaction?
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Mai 2016, 17:39 »
If Dol Guldur gets promoted to a subfaction in a manner similar to the dwarven realms, they would share the same look on the buildings, and the same spellbook. Most of the buildings are incompatible with the Dol Guldur aesthetics, and a bunch of spells are completely incompatible lore- (Shelob, Rhûn, Harad, Grond, the Eye) or gameplay-wise (Deadliest servants).

Also, I would say that the team want to maintain the subfaction system as something unique for the dwarves.

If Dol Guldur is implemented more broadly, I'm sure there are better ways to do it! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mai 2016, 17:44 von Canis carcharothias »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Dol Guldur as an own subfaction?
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Mai 2016, 18:39 »
I don't really understand this proposal.
Dol Guldur is already a subfaction of Mordor, implemented in the most suitable and lore accurate way possible.

As you have already been answered, and as I already replied to you multiple times, the subfaction system of the Dwarves can't be applied to Mordor. The same thing about the system of the Misty Mountains: Mordor is a faction set in the War of the Ring timeline and Dol Guldur couldn't be greater and more prominent in the faction than it currently is (being it a 'secondary' fortress of Sauron in Mirkwood, and the base for the operations of Mordor against Lothlórien and the Woodland Realm).

I deleted the poll (the options weren't acceptable anyway, according to the current rules) and I will close this thread.

--- LOCKED ---