28. Mär 2024, 14:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ultimate Skill Cup Time Limit Poll  (Gelesen 3778 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Ultimate Skill Cup Time Limit Poll
« am: 10. Mai 2016, 16:39 »
I will ask to please only vote if you have signed up for the tournament or are planning to.

Hello everybody. I have received a lot of feedback so far that people are not liking the time limit aspect of the matches. In order to do the tournament over a single weekend, which we must, we need some kind of time limitation. The only other compromise we can do would be single matches instead of best of 3, which I personally don't like very much, but the community deserves to have their voice heard.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Ultimate Skill Cup Time Limit Poll
« Antwort #1 am: 10. Mai 2016, 17:13 »
My answer to this poll completely depends on whether we are picking our Factions, or everyone goes Random.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Mai 2016, 19:05 »
That will be determined in another poll once we have filled the player roster, you'll have to vote for whatever you like best for now.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Mai 2016, 22:54 »
If factions could be chosen  [uglybunti] Just a dream....
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Mai 2016, 23:59 von Ealendril »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Mai 2016, 19:26 »
There are far more votes than people signed up, which is very annoying. I specifically asked you to only vote if you were planning on messaging me to sign up, so if you voted and haven't done that, it would be very nice of you to message me. I know based off the first day, however, that the majority of the vote went towards single matches with no time limit instead of best of 3, so I will change the rule to that for now.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Mai 2016, 22:14 »
You have just experienced how polls can often go off rails and not fulfill properly the task they were established for. If there is a fault, it's not obviously yours nor could it be appointed individually to anyone in particular; it's rather what has been happening in the forum for quite some time now.

That's the exact reason why polls were under discussion among Moderators, as you may know, and why there are now stricter criteria. I would thus personally like to advise you to choose other suitable options that could do very well, in case you wanted to get this type of feedback from the Community. For example, if you want to present publicly some of your own projects and the relative rules, and seek for other people's opinions, you could encourage the very people that are interested to simply express their thoughts in this thread and decide to be for or against what you might subject to their 'vote'.

Via that quite simple and intuitive mechanism, you could also progressively edit this very topic and adjust it according to your own needs. It may seem to be rudimentary, but I think it's one of the solutions you can opt for to avoid this recent poll degeneration. These were just my opinions, and there certainly are other ways to approach to these matters. Furthermore, if you want your current poll to be locked, edited or removed, you only have to ask  :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Mai 2016, 22:37 »
Well, I wish there was a way to set limitations for polls, like designating something beforehand, but its all good. Once I have enough people, at least 16, we'll do a vote through personal messages. Thanks for the tips :)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Mai 2016, 02:47 »
Keep in mind that it's also possible that some people who voted here are interested in joining, but only if their preferred option wins. This seems to have generated a few strong opinions, after all.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Mai 2016, 03:09 »
True that. Well, hopefully we can get at least 16.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #9 am: 16. Mai 2016, 08:23 »
Indeed, I have voted in your poll but I haven't signed yet, I'm waiting for the result. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 16. Mai 2016, 09:17 »
The result is already there, it was meant to gauge what the people who have already signed up wanted. The rules go with the majority: No time limit single matches.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Jun 2016, 22:03 »
This thread is locked under its creator's request.

--- LOCKED ---