28. Mär 2024, 22:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Favorite Quote?  (Gelesen 6751 mal)

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
Favorite Quote?
« am: 13. Mai 2016, 17:46 »
Mine is :

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

[Gandalf to Frodo in: The Lord of the Rings. The Fellowship of the Ring. Book One. II. The Shadow of the Past.]

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Favorite Quote?
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Mai 2016, 11:03 »
Mine is:

“The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.”

Gandalf : The lord of the rings: The return of the king
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Mai 2016, 13:31 »
"You look terrible."

Legolas: The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Mai 2016, 14:16 »
Zitat
The power of the Three Rings is ended. The time has come, for the dominion of Men.
Galadriel - The Return of the King

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Mai 2016, 18:21 »
Zitat
The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.

Haldir - Fellowship of the Ring, Chapter VI: Lothlorien

"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Er Murazor

• Hobbit
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Mai 2016, 15:51 »
''Do you not know death when you see it, old man? This is MY hour!''
- Witch king of Angmar knocking over Gandalf in the extended version of The Return of the King movie.
Do you not know death when you see it? This is my hour!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Mai 2016, 18:00 »
Been meaning to get to this, I'd have to go with the classic ring verse (in black speech obviously):
Zitat
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Mai 2016, 16:58 »
I am having a really tough time to choose just one quote since I have quite a few favorite quotea from Tolkien legendary work so I will post a few of my Favorite Quotes both from Movies and Books! :-)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield

“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins

"True courage is not about knowing when to take a life, but when to spare one." - Gandalf the Grey

And many other wise and awesome Tolkien Quotes...
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Jun 2016, 16:43 »
“PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.”
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 13. Jun 2016, 01:15 »
Not exactly a quote, but the Road Goes Ever On is beautiful! xD

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #10 am: 13. Jun 2016, 18:08 »
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf to Saruman "of many colors", Fellowship of the Ring, part II, The Council of Elrond

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #11 am: 13. Jun 2016, 20:45 »

Gandalf to Saruman "of many colors", Fellowship of the Ring, part II, The Council of Elrond

Wow, this one I never heard, and it has become my new favorite, since I myself can relate to this [ugly].

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 13. Jun 2016, 21:11 »
Wow, this one I never heard, and it has become my new favorite, since I myself can relate to this [ugly].

Yes, that quotation has always impressed me with its pure wisdom. If I remember correctly, Saruman gets immediately mad after that sentence and warns Gandalf not to treat him as one of his scholars/friends  xD

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #13 am: 13. Jun 2016, 21:42 »
Saruman: I'm not your friend buddy!
Gandalf: I'm not your buddy pal!
Saruman: I'm not your pal friend! xD
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jun 2016, 23:27 von Fredius »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 16. Jun 2016, 00:46 »
A wider part of that verbal confrontation between Gandalf and Saruman (Gandalf is reminiscing this encounter and telling it to the whole Council of Elrond, if I'm not wrong).

Zitat
‘‘In which case it is no longer white,’’ said I. ‘‘And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.’’
‘‘You need not speak to me as to one of the fools that you take for friends,’’ said he. ‘‘I have not brought you hither to be instructed by you, but to give you a choice.’’
He drew himself up then and began to declaim, as if he were making a speech long rehearsed. ‘‘The Elder Days are gone. The Middle Days are passing. The Younger Days are beginning. The time of the Elves is over, but our time is at hand: the world of Men, which we must rule.

By the way, what would you say about making this thread a more general place to gather various quotations and relative opinions in? I could do a little modification and widen the theme of the topic a bit (not just focused on your favourite one, but on any smart and profound line). Let me know your thoughts  :)