19. Apr 2024, 04:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarves in Shining Mail  (Gelesen 3566 mal)

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
Dwarves in Shining Mail
« am: 22. Mai 2016, 19:03 »
Greetings fellow edainers!

Today I'd like to make a suggestion for the dwarf heroes of the Ered Luin. It seems to me that the heroes for the Iron Hills and Erebor are fully armed and ready for war, however, when it comes to Ered Luin the company of Throin Oaken shield (except for the king himself) it seems they still have to wear their travelling gear.

My suggestion is to give the company some new armour when they reach level 10, this due to several reasons. Firstly Thorin gains his kingly robes and armour as well as his grandfather's sword at level 10 and tends to look out of place amongst his best warriors/heirs.

Secondly we've seen armour changes for other units in the game such as Aragorn/ Faramir and Boromir and even merry and pippin! surely the dwarves who crafted the best armour in middle earth should have the same?

Thirdly, It may not have been practical for the actors to use the armour in the films, but in the game we could easily see the awesome heavy armour the dwarves briefly had.

As for the armour its self I'm happy for the team to decide between the ornate heavy armour or the leather and chain mail battle armour and weapons used by the dwarves in the charge from the mountain. I appreciate that the team have more improtant things to focus on first but I just feel like this is a really cool visual addition that the fans would enjoy, even the lore backs up the idea :

"Out leapt the King under the Mountain, and his companions followed him. Hood and cloak were gone; they were in shining armour, and red light leapt from their eyes. In the gloom the great dwarf gleamed like gold in a dying fire" - chapter 17 the clouds burst

So it seems that professor tolkein had a very clear image of throin and co. will the Edain team agree?

The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Dwarves in Shining Mail
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Mai 2016, 19:22 »
I think this was discussed before and the Team stated that they wouldn't give the dwarves their regal armor. In addition, they get some sweet mail once you give them the Mithril from the veterans. That being said, I also think the mod would benefit aesthetically from the battle armor of the dwarves, as a show of their strength letting the travelling cloth behind and putting on their war suit.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Mai 2016, 12:00 »
Thanks for the feedback, if it has been discussed before then I really want to push the idea, as we've seen with the dwarven re work, if enough people get behind an idea then the team will consider it!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Mai 2016, 15:10 »
Yes, this suggestion was already proposed and the Edain Team, as I recall correctly, didn't agree. Thorin's royal armour was already an advanced improvement for the Blue Mountains, and it was too backed by a solid support from the Community; they decided, though, not to extend the usage of that kingly type of armours to the other heroes, because, I guess, this would have detached so much from the loose and unconventional essence of the faction, which doesn't/shouldn't rely so much on heavy-armoured and royal-like units and, especially, heroes (even if everything would be solely bound to Thorin's level 10 ability).

Although I always supported the smart implementation of valuable conceptual elements from the Hobbit (and those armours are valuable indeed), I feel that they could in fact alter so much the whole 'wandering and wild spirit' of the faction's heroes; and this spirit is exactly, I think, what we have come to know Thorin's Company for the most. In the end, I honestly am a bit doubtful whether this thread should remain open or not; I thus believe we had better wait for a direct response from the Edain Team, just to fully clarify all the possible doubts and to draw a defined line about this topic itself.

Thanks for the feedback, if it has been discussed before then I really want to push the idea, as we've seen with the dwarven re work, if enough people get behind an idea then the team will consider it!

Just to give a little insight and opinion of mine regarding that significant change: It's not that the Edain Team finally opted to consider the demand for an overhaul only after the people's favourable expression in threads or polls. They had always considered that suggestion very carefully, and never had they forgotten it in any way. The situation was much more complex due to the presence of many other factors involved, beside the important support from the Community.

For example, some members of the Edain Team were in favour while others weren't; the immediate implementation of those models could have not been achieved because of the daunting efforts and work needed, and we must always bear in mind that a large part of the forum didn't like the whole idea either. So, you see, it was a quite complicated ensemble of diverse variables.

That said, as part of the people who had always supported the overhaul, I'm obviously delighted that the change eventually found a way into the game. Only, speaking about your proposal and other ones as well, you should remember that the sheer number of people that might support a suggestion doesn't automatically grant you success or assure that the very idea will be implemented and accepted. The real combination for a good proposal is rather the holistic ensemble of support (which, as I wrote, is always fundamental), consistent concepts, rational intentions and a proper debate behind the whole thing.

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Mai 2016, 22:37 »
Although I always supported the smart implementation of valuable conceptual elements from the Hobbit (and those armours are valuable indeed), I feel that they could in fact alter so much the whole 'wandering and wild spirit' of the faction's heroes.

you know I'd never thought of that! and it actually makes seance, well we'll see if the team do respond, but as always thanks for your valuable insight :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Mai 2016, 23:49 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Mai 2016, 23:54 »
Right choice. I hope the Edain Team will give us a clear answer.

Unless a negative response, and waiting for more precise news, you are obviously more than free to develop this topic, if you are willing to  :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 24. Mai 2016, 10:04 »
Well, I've already made a clear statement about the hero armors from the last hobbit movie: we wont implement them.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 24. Mai 2016, 12:00 »
Well, I've already made a clear statement about the hero armors from the last hobbit movie: we wont implement them.

Ok, that's it. In this case, I will just close this topic. I couldn't find the exact post of that statement previously, so that I thus thought to wait for another answer  :)

Now that we have it, you are all free to refer to this thread, if a similar discussion is brought out again by anyone of the Edain Community.

--- LOCKED ---