28. Mär 2024, 16:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mordor Strategy?  (Gelesen 5567 mal)

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
Mordor Strategy?
« am: 23. Mai 2016, 06:11 »
Hey guys, as I have mentioned in a previous post that I am new to Edain. Since Mordor has always been my favourite faction, I am unsure about how play them. I always start with one - thousand resources and on Fords of Isen II.

This is what I do.
1) Build Mordor Barracks straight off the bat.
2) Get Gorbag. (I use Shagrat's Uruk - hai on outer resource buildings).
3) Build a Slave Farm on the unoccupied plot.
4) Creep twice with Shagrat and build two more Slave Farms.
5) Start building Tribute Camps (x6) and another Mordor Barracks (mid - game).

However, I am unsure when to attack or what upgrades to get for my resource buildings. Is Mordor a rush faction? Do I need a Siege Works or Troll Cage? As I love facing Gondor as Mordor - what should I do against them?

Thanks in advance!
~ Kind Regards!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: Mordor Strategy?
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Mai 2016, 11:13 »
Basically the one you mentioned it's the standard tactic of Mordor xD
Yes, Mordor is definitely a rush faction, but it has also some good stuff in the late game (Nazguls, Morgul/Guldur Orcs, Trolls - even if nearly no one use them - and so on)

I don't know specifically what you can do against Gondor (which can rely on Knights spam to make your Orcs nearly useless), but the main point should be that you have to spam A LOT of Orcs both as meatshield and to gain time until you have better units (Black Uruks will make Tower Guards suffer a lot, while Cirith Ungol Halberdiers can dispatch of Gondor Knights very easily)

But, if you want a more accurate suggestion, I'd recommend you to visit Elite Kryptic's channel (here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUmT7v4uM-UdX28d7F8Dhg/videos) and watch some of his latest replays as Mordor (I usually watch them both for fun and for learning some tricks). I hope that helps^^

And welcome to the Edain ;)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Mai 2016, 14:33 »
Mordor has an immense unit roster, that needs to be catered to the opponent's unit composition. A couple of units that are very important against Gondor are the Cirith Ungol units. Cirith Ungol troops cost no CP, so make sure you properly spam orcs to fill the line and save enough resources to get some Halbeldiers, Black Uruks and Black Uruk Archers. Then, as you have levelled Sauron by probably recruiting a Nazgul and a Cirith Ungol unit, it is probably the smartest to go for Overseers. Overseers are absolutely crucial in lategame slogs, put them on the Cirith Ungol Halbeldiers and see them destroy Gondor Knights with their ability active. I would also try shifting around your build to experiment. Try arsenals and go Troll Cage or Siege Works. Both have purposes at dealing with Gondor. Trolls need to be upgraded, with either a sword or a mace, and catapults are good at poking at Tower Guards. Since Gondor is a defensive and slow faction, I would recommend going for Dol Guldur if you do not go for the Outpost. Poison is always useful against heavily armoured troops, and get Khamul with his armour if the enemy is camping in their fortress. Castellans are really good against Tower Guards too.

I see this trend where players seem to get only 1 or 2 infantry structures in their base, and then fill the rest with upgrade cost reduction resource structures. I don't get that. For example, instead of having a 5% extra discount on your upgrades, you can have a different recruitment structure that can complement your army greatly. The whole point is to have different buildings in your base so that you have numerous threats you can answer to. Especially in this case with Mordor, skip one Tribute Camp, since you have more than enough to upgrade for CPs, and get that troll cage or sige works that is supposed to complement your army. Spamming from a single type of structure gets old really fast if you understand what I am saying. You do need to try to get the timing right for these experiments, so I do suggest practicing with them.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Mai 2016, 15:27 »
Mordor has an immense unit roster, that needs to be catered to the opponent's unit composition. A couple of units that are very important against Gondor are the Cirith Ungol units. Cirith Ungol troops cost no CP, so make sure you properly spam orcs to fill the line and save enough resources to get some Halbeldiers, Black Uruks and Black Uruk Archers. Then, as you have levelled Sauron by probably recruiting a Nazgul and a Cirith Ungol unit, it is probably the smartest to go for Overseers. Overseers are absolutely crucial in lategame slogs, put them on the Cirith Ungol Halbeldiers and see them destroy Gondor Knights with their ability active. I would also try shifting around your build to experiment. Try arsenals and go Troll Cage or Siege Works. Both have purposes at dealing with Gondor. Trolls need to be upgraded, with either a sword or a mace, and catapults are good at poking at Tower Guards. Since Gondor is a defensive and slow faction, I would recommend going for Dol Guldur if you do not go for the Outpost. Poison is always useful against heavily armoured troops, and get Khamul with his armour if the enemy is camping in their fortress. Castellans are really good against Tower Guards too.

I see this trend where players seem to get only 1 or 2 infantry structures in their base, and then fill the rest with upgrade cost reduction resource structures. I don't get that. For example, instead of having a 5% extra discount on your upgrades, you can have a different recruitment structure that can complement your army greatly. The whole point is to have different buildings in your base so that you have numerous threats you can answer to. Especially in this case with Mordor, skip one Tribute Camp, since you have more than enough to upgrade for CPs, and get that troll cage or sige works that is supposed to complement your army. Spamming from a single type of structure gets old really fast if you understand what I am saying. You do need to try to get the timing right for these experiments, so I do suggest practicing with them.
+1
Personally once I've got 1 or 2 barracks depending on the situation I will fill my base with tribute camp but leave a space depending on whether I need to get trolls or siege.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/