28. Mär 2024, 18:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Saruman of many colors  (Gelesen 5038 mal)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Saruman of many colors
« am: 24. Mai 2016, 18:57 »
Hey there!

Since the elder days when Edain started, I always wondered to chance Saruman of many colors power description:

Saruman of Many Colours is a puppet of Sauron. He directs all his wrath against the free people of Middle earth. Permanently gains +50+ magic damage and resistance against magic and -25% cooldown on all skills.

Why? because its ensembles that he serves directly and blindly to Sauron & no more. It's false, he serves no one but himself (but we may consider that he was fooled & used by Sauron).

We may remember that Saruman is a betrayer to both, free peoples & Sauron; that's why he seeked how to increase his power: Crafting a ring of power is an example of that (its a shame that ring cannot be implemented in the game).

But there is other way, one that made him break the light, thus becoming The ManyColored.

Here is what I found about Sarumans ring, something that was worth of the first trilogy artwork:

http://pblancho.free.fr/lotr/SB_1.jpg

It shows how he studied light & how to improve it, even if it may become darkness, here the translation:

Firts Page:

WHITE LIGHT

PRISM

SO WE OBSERVE HOW THE PRISM BREAKS
THE WHITE LIGHT INTO (into) ITS COMP-
ONENT COLOURS THE COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW
-THAT SIGNALS THE GATEWAYS INTO TRAN-
(s)CENDENCE.

THERE ARE SEVEN COLOURS DISCERNIBLE
IN THE RAINBOW - THREE PRIMARY AND FOUR
SECONDARY.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BREAK THE PRIMARY
COLOURS NOT BY MIXING BUT BY SPLITTING
FURTHER? WOULD TOTAL DARKNESS BE
THE RESULT? WOULD DARKNESS BE TOO
LARGE A PRICE TO PAY FOR KNOWLEDGE
OF THESE THINGS? THROUGH KNOWLEDGE ONLY
CAN WE FIND NEW (power) POWER -AND IF
(?) THE POWER BREAKS BEAUTY- IT WILL
CREATE NEW FORMS OF BEA(u)TY- FOR IS THERE
NOT BEAUTY IN DECAY- AS THERE IS CLEAN-
SING IN DEATH. NO PRICE WOULD BE TO HIGH.

Second page:

COLOURS
OF THE RAINBOW

PRIMARY
AND
SECONDARY

TO PAY FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE OF SUCH THINGS.

This we may consider as Saruman personal writtings, & Edain could take some of it to make Saruman on many colors description.

Also this clearly shows that he knew the time he breaks it, there wont be way back, but he seeked higher steps of power & knowledge.

Hope this can help in one way or another, please share your thoughts ^^
"Viva México"

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Saruman of many colors
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Mai 2016, 07:44 »
Ahhh such a dissaponting topic, i think :/ anyways...

I was thinking about this guy, and something came into my mind:

Do you remember when Saruman & Gandy got a double palantir? the team wisely said that it was very complex and nobody used them at all, but why if they become a very importat part of the characters?

What i mean is, do you remembar how when Gandy saves Théoden he seems to be very very tired to defeat Saruman? thats because as Saruman was loosing his strenght vía Many-colors, Gandy was becoming stronger vía White resurrection in some way at some time they were even; so the more time passed the more their upgrades got effects over them.

So i suggest the following to them:

-Saruman:

(For we could use parts of what he wrote)

Saruman will have the same powers but a blocked button which will be activated when he reaches lvl 5 & Saruman of many colors power would be purchased.

After you purchase the power (and the wizard be lvl 5), the button would be available and would be a second palantir with all the slots available.

*How the prism breaks the light: Saruman discovers how to break the light and thinks he has improved himself but the more he digs, the more peril he finds. Saruman's wizard blast has no recharge but he looses 50% of speed & 50% of speed attack.

*The gateways to trascendance: The more he lurks into the breaking of the light, the more knowledge he gets, but perils still persists. Sarumans fireball gets more area damage but speed time recharge of it rises to 1min.

*Would darkness be a too large price?:
His obsession has gone too far, but its not enough & goes far beyond, even into darkness. Saruman's powers become 15% more powerful against common soldiers but now he would inflict fear into his soldiers & made them 15% weaker in battle. Also his powers now inflict sever damage to his own soldiers.

*For is there no beauty in decay, as there is cleasing in death: There is no way out, Saruman has become mad, darkness fills his mid, though he thinks he is uncorrupted. Saruman becomes invulnerable against enemy soldiers but becomes 75% more vulnerable against enemy heroes.

Gandalf:

*Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time: Gandalf revival rises his fellow friends hope. Every allied heroe near him recharges his powers twice as fast. Also he gets +100pts of life

*I am Saruman, rather Saruman as he should have been: Gandalf is now the new leader of the order. Gandalf's wizard blast gets more area effect.

*White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise: Gandalf makes the soldiers gain faster experience, also gains +30% deffece agaisnt common soldiers.

*I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done: Gandalfs mission must come to success, he means to. Once activated, & Gandy been almost dead, an automatic word of power or glamdring will attack his enemies, after it he would die but the light of the Valar would send him back again. Gandalfs fallen body will rise once more at the field of battle where he died after 10sec.

As you can see, Saruman indeed becomes powerful, but as seen in books & movies is all at great cost: in the end there was no need of fighting, he was weak & maybe drained of most of his powers so a much more powerful Gandy could defear him with ease.

At the other hand, Gandalf really becomes much more powerful step by step meanwhile the book and the movies advance. We got a tired Gandy vs Saruman in Théodens place, but a fully powerful & no weak one at Orthanc.

Its all interesting how Tolkien portrays it, the more loyal to the task, the more powerful becomes & viceversa.

Hope someone replies this :D ^^ its also a nice discussion ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Mai 2016, 16:35 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mai 2016, 11:45 »
I like your ideas Amos. I do too miss the double palantir heroes, it was giving them more versatility.
Anyway, I think the Edain team is gonna say that what you suggest is too OP and unbalanced, especially Gandalf's resurrection. I think Gandalf should stay the Grey until he dies once, and only then shall he become "the White". Or is it what you suggest but I didn't understand it ? xD

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Mai 2016, 16:29 »
Mmm shit i forgot to write it:

Gandalf would need to be lvl 5 & also been purchased Gandy the white ^^

For the double palantir i was one of those who agreed to eliminate the double palantir but recently I was reading releated book to LOTR and LOTR itself & discovered how this really happened (the weakening & also the streghtening).

The magic world was fading, for in ROTK there was no more magic in the world, thus the world of men started, but still these guys resemble how it came to an end.

The idea makes sense but it needs more sugestions & of course improvements:

*Saruman fell but he truly got far more teorical knowledge about light. The cost: his own powers & self light.

*Gandalf revived as the most powerful being in Middle earth, save Sauron himself. The cost: there was none, he became stronger in times of need.

Hope more could read it ^^
"Viva México"

Qui Lëarrin

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Mär 2017, 20:02 »
Hi there, just a little suggestion : when Gandalf the Grey become Gandalf the White, he totaly change of skills and face. Is it possible to create a version of Saruman the White at the one hand and a version of Saruman of Many Colours on the other hand ? Something more... Shining ? With more colours ? ^^

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Mär 2017, 21:51 »
As far as I know, a visual difference between the two forms is already implemented in the game: that is, Saruman of Many Colours boasts robes that shine of multiple chromatic shades, indicating his multifaceted personality and voluble goals. It's not as visible as Gandalf's change (a real resurrection), yet it still plays its part in the game.

Qui Lëarrin

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Mär 2017, 00:32 »
So, may be an another issu of my game version... When I will have a correct version, it will be work nicer I'm suppose ^^"