19. Apr 2024, 10:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!  (Gelesen 13683 mal)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!
« am: 25. Mai 2016, 15:54 »
Hello guys :)

UPDATE: VERSION 1.3 DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?yi4cfcap9z4jjfr

Today I want to show you my brand new map : an ENTIRE ERIADOR map !! The concept is simple : it's a 1v1 multiplayer map, where one player controls Frodo and Sam and must quickly flee the Shire to anywhere he could find some help, while the other player controls Mordor with Nazguls and many other things and have to find Frodo and kill him. If Frodo dies, the game is over, Mordor wins. :P But if Frodo survives 40 minutes, he wins and the game is over too.

- When you controls Frodo, you have to explore the map and go wherever you want, and ALL THE HEROES that you can see on your way can join you, you only have to find how.  Generally you have to go with Frodo right in front of them, but I let you try some other combinations :P Sometimes you can find simple soldiers, who will join you.

- When you control Mordor, you get an entire Mordor camp with many other buildings. You can explore the map too, and find reinforcements at some places, but much less than Frodo's side.

- Spellbooks of both sides have been adapted, so you can find powers adapted to the situations and places you are exploring. The system has been modified a bit too : you can't get power points by fighting. Now you get the points by exploring, by leveling-up heroes, or simply by time.

________________________ _______

Will you follow the films and go to Bree, and Imladris ?
Will you try to find help in the West, to the Grey Havens or Ered Luin ?
Will you try to explore the old Arnor, and try to find the few Dunedain remaining ?
All these things, only YOU will have to decide! ;)

Here are some screenshots of some places of the map :

Here is the DOWNLOAD LINK of the version 1.3 : https://www.mediafire.com/?yi4cfcap9z4jjfr

Remember that it is a multiplayer map, so you can play vs AI, but don't expect a very good challenge [ugly] I heavily recommend you to play vs another human player.
I also recommend you to not play with ultra settings. Otherwise the game may crash.

I hope you will enjoy playing :D
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Aug 2016, 20:20 von H4lbarad »

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
Re: Open-world Eriador map - RELEASED!!
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Mai 2016, 16:16 »
wow the picture are awesome... I download the map. :P
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Mai 2016, 16:22 »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Mai 2016, 16:24 »
This looks very interesting.  I will definitely try it out  :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Mai 2016, 16:31 »
Thank you :) but remember that it is a multiplayer map, so you can play vs AI, but don't expect a very good challenge [ugly]

I heavily recommend you to play vs another human player.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Mai 2016, 01:15 »
After re-testing the map with a friend, I think this is not very balanced : the evil side seems to be too strong. I think I will make a few changes, like increasing Frodo's health, etc.

What do you think ?

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #6 am: 26. Mai 2016, 03:32 »
Yes, the Evil side seems to have the advantage.  Frodo dies a bit too quick.  Also, giving access to Werewolves makes Evil near uncounterable, so I recommend removing them.

Overall, a fantastic map.  Great Work :)

Though if there is one thing I could ask for this map, it would be so that Frodo Putting on the Ring actually makes the RingWraiths know where he is.  That would be cool.

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Mai 2016, 23:37 »
I just have to say this map is incredible :D but there is some things about it that could be tweaked

First the mordor player seems to win a lot for a few reasons 1. the good hero's that are found have basically the same stats as in the normal game and those stats are like that because you usually have a army with them where in this case you don't 2. angmar in the top right can recruit werewolves which are a problem in the mod already so I would suggest to remove them 3. It might not happen that often but when the balrog spawns for mordor it doesn't have a time limit so if you find the ring bearer he's probably not getting away so I suggest you put a timer on him, a minute or a minute and a half would be good.

For the good side I suggest you buff all the hero's stats to improve there survivability because losing all your hero's to level 10 nazgul off the start is rather annoying.
Another thing I would like to see is there be some use of money for the good side, as of right now the only thing you can use money for is to buy pipin and merry's armor so I would suggest maybe somehow you could pay to have the hero's you found back to life should they die or be able to buy certain things for the hero's you find Gandalf and you can buy Gandalf the white for example.

Just some thoughts, great map!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Mai 2016, 09:57 »
Seems like a great map, I'll give it a try. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Mai 2016, 13:30 von Ealendril »

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 29. Mai 2016, 13:21 »
Really cool map !
Btw can you get Elrond and Glorfindel to come with you ? I've tried every power of Frodo/Sam/Gandalf/etc but they didn't give a damn about me xD

EDIT : Now that I've tested the map a few times, I've some things to say:

* First, I love this map a lot. I wish there was more mission maps like this :D
* There are too many gobelins. Not that I find it's hard to fight against them, but it's boring, even more when you've got Aragorn, Legolas and the whole Fellowship with you.
* There's maybe too many XP-things (Don't know if it's a shield or something else haha). Heroes level up really easily!
* Why don't the 3 Angmar heroes attack us when we are with the "good" side ? We can walk past through them and they are like "Yo wassup ?"
* Why can't we keep the money when we're controlling Frodo ? It could at least be used to upgrade the Hobbits :x
* Unless you go to the very south, I don't think Mordor will attack me, even in Brutal. I've not tried the "Not moving for 40 minutes" option, but I've walked through Eriador unattacked by the forces of Sauron. I wish the Nazguls were not together in the army, but wandering, vicious and unpredictable. I know we're supposed to play against a human, but could the AI at least send some orcs scouting the map to locate Frodo ?
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Mai 2016, 21:49 von Leri_weill »

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 29. Mai 2016, 23:39 »
Guys thank you very much for your feedback and for your compliments, that's very important for me :)

To everyone, did you test it in multiplayer or against AI ?

Really cool map !
Btw can you get Elrond and Glorfindel to come with you ? I've tried every power of Frodo/Sam/Gandalf/etc but they didn't give a damn about me xD

In the next version, I will
- remove the Werewolves from Angmar camp
- increase a little bit Hobbits' health (including Frodo)
- remove the Dragon from the goblin camp (too OP if Mordor player can get him)
- remove a few goblins lairs
- increase a little bit the health of good side heroes
- remove the level 10 Sauron at the beginning of the game for Mordor player (Nazgul level 10 are too OP at the start of the game). Or maybe just put Sauron at level 5 only.
- Allow the good side player to gain money, but only from killing lairs, and finding treasures.
- maybe remove some XP objects, but not too much, I like them :D

I think I will keep the Balrog with no time limit, it is more fun in my opinion ^^ And Frodo just has to not approach him too much :P

Though if there is one thing I could ask for this map, it would be so that Frodo Putting on the Ring actually makes the RingWraiths know where he is.  That would be cool.

That would be cool indeed, but putting the ring is sometimes the only way for Frodo to escape, if Nazguls see him when he puts the ring on, that would be just impossible for Frodo to win the game, and the ability would become useless. ^^
Did you find Bill Ferny in Bree ? If you get him, you can use his ability to see the nearest ennemy hero, it is very useful in this map :D

Seems like a great map, I'll give it a try. ;)

Yeaaah, it's an honour for me :)

Finally, I have a few questions for you all :
1. Did you find instinctive the discovery of heroes that we can "recruit" ? I mean, did you recruit Strider, Gandalf, Arwen, Legolas, Elrond, Dwalin and Cirdan easily ?
2. Did you find cool and fun the way we gain spellbook powers ?
3. Do you think it would be necessary to have some explanations at the beginning of the game ?
4. More a technical question, but I would love to add dialogues when Frodo meets other heroes, but the problem is that dialogues appears on the screens of BOTH players. Do you know if it's possible to add dialogues for only one player ?
5. Oh and do you know if it is possible to change the music without script them ? I mean just changing the musics of the Dwarves faction with the music of Imladris faction for example ? :) It would be more accurate.
6. Is Old Bilbo still in worldbuilder ? I can't find him and I would love to put him in the map.

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Mai 2016, 12:02 von H4lbarad »

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 30. Mai 2016, 11:37 »
To everyone, did you test it in multiplayer or against AI ?

Against the AI!
Could you give us a list of all the recrutable heroes ? Not their location but just who you can get ? Btw you should put a spoiler on the way to get the different heroes xD

In the next version, I will
- remove the Werewolves from Angmar camp
- increase a little bit Hobbits' health (including Frodo)
- remove the Dragon from the goblin camp (too OP if Mordor player can get him)
- remove a few goblins lairs
- increase a little bit the health of good side heroes
- remove the level 10 Sauron at the beginning of the game for Mordor player (Nazgul level 10 are too OP at the start of the game). Or maybe just put Sauron at level 5 only.
- Allow the good side player to gain money, but only from killing lairs, and finding treasures.
- maybe remove some XP objects, but not too much, I like them :D

That's fine to me. I wouldn't remove the dragon, Legolas deals with him pretty easily xD

Finally, I have a few questions for you all :
1. Did you find instinctive the discovery of heroes that we can "recruit" ? I mean, did you recruit Strider, Gandalf, Arwen, Legolas, Elrond, Dwalin and Cirdan easily ?
2. Did you find cool and fun the way we gain spellbook powers ?
3. Do you think it would be necessary to have some explanations at the beginning of the game ?

1. Almost yeah. At least, it is logical.
2. Yes that's great ! Unexpected at the beginning but cool indeed :)
3. No. Let both players struggle [uglybunti]

Titan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • "Fly you fools!"
« Antwort #12 am: 30. Mai 2016, 12:26 »
6. Is Old Bilbo still in worldbuilder ? I can't find him and I would love to put him in the map.

Yes, I believe so, I think old Bilbo is present in the Defend the Shire mission map. That's the only place I've seen him. If you can open that scenario and click on him, you can find out what he's called in the editor. :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 2. Jun 2016, 15:36 »
Thank you Titan, I found him!

Eriador version 1.1 RELEASED

Hello everyone :)

I release today the new version of my map Eriador :)
Changelog:

- I corrected all the bugs (I hope ^^)
- I added some new features such as Bilbo, some additionnal troops, scripts, etc.
- And the big updates of this version, is that there are TEXTS and DIALOGUES :D So the map has now much more life!
- A few visual changes

Globally the map has been overhauled, it is much more pleasant to play now :)

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/x55r3l8c6mq8o3l/Eriador+v1.1.zip

Have fun! I'm looking forward to your feedback :D

PS: Remember, the map is far better in multiplayer ^^

________________________ ___________
EDIT: Known bugs : that will be corrected in version 1.2.
- I have increased the HP of all heroes, including Aragorn. But if you "upgrade" Strider, he will come back to his normal HP, so 5000 instead of 8000... So don't upgrade him ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jun 2016, 17:32 von H4lbarad »

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.1 released!!
« Antwort #14 am: 2. Jun 2016, 17:05 »
Gonna try it this week-end xD

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #15 am: 2. Jun 2016, 17:52 »
Looking Forward to trying out 1.1 :)

And yeah, I figured Aragorn's health would bug once he "upgrades", so not upgrading him so that he can keep his stats would be the smartest thing right now.  Then again, I might still upgrade him when he is level 10, because his Oathbreakers might be worth it.  We will see :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Jun 2016, 10:59 »
Hello :)
Can I have your feedback for 1.1 version ? Especially for the texts. What do you think of them ? :)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Jun 2016, 13:35 »
Hello :)
Can I have your feedback for 1.1 version ? Especially for the texts. What do you think of them ? :)

I want Boromir's "One does not simply walk into Mordor" sentence xD

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #18 am: 8. Jun 2016, 18:40 »
I can give some quick thoughts. 

1.1 is definately more balanced, but there is still an edge to the Mordor player. 

First off, ambushing the Good side at Lindon is too easy.  There is only 1 way to exit where Cirdan is, and if the Mordor player wait for the Felowship to go to Cirdan and block the path, it's pretty much over.  Adding another way out would be great.

Second, There really isn't nothing the Felowship can do against an Upgraded Trolls spam and a Spider Spam.  They overwhelm the heroes way to quickly.  This is especially problematic with spiders, because influence of Sauron makes them free.  Trolls are a lot hard to get in numbers, but one they are in number, there is no way to counter them if they are used all together.

Third, giving Mordor access to Bill Ferny, you can just tell you where the nearest hero is, makes it so easy to find the heroes. 

Fourth, I think that Gandalf should be able to Damage the Balrog a bit more then he can now.  It would make sense.

Fifth, If Ring Hero Saruman Dies, he drops the Ring, which the Good Player can give to Gandalf and make him unusable, and Mordor can give it to Sauron.  (Haven't Tried Boromir yet). And let's just say getting Sauron Ring Form might be a bit too good  :D

I really enjoying them map still, so very good job.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Jun 2016, 20:02 »
I've noted all the things you said, thank you very much :)

For Lindon problem, there is another way to go out of there. It goes in the mountains of Ered Luin :)

But I understand the problem and in my opinion there is the same problem for the other cities like Imladris or Ered Luin.

So my idea (if It is possible) is to make all the soldiers and guards that we can see in those cities ENNEMIES of Mordor player, but obviously allies of goodside player. But good player shouldnt have the shared vision with these cities when he's not in them. It would be like creeps, but ennemies against Mordor player only. And eventually add some arrow towers too.
Sadly I don't know how to make that. If you have an idea, tell me.

For the Spiders, I can remove them, as I done with werewolves. I think I will keep the trolls, but maybe increase the number of pikemen and archers Frodo can hire.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #20 am: 8. Jun 2016, 20:43 »
When I say there is one way out of Lindon, I mean there is only 1 long path to Cirdan.  Once they go up that path, the Mordor player can block them from coming back down.

Also, the problem isn't that spiders are too strong.  It's that they are free from Influence of Sauron.  If you can remove that, it will be much harder to get a horde of them.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 14. Jun 2016, 12:00 »
Version 1.2 RELEASED!

Hi everyone :)

Today I release the version 1.2 of my map Eriador. There are a couple of news features :
- Now the soldiers and guards of the two elven cities are allied with the good side. They are uncontrollable but will attack Mordor if he comes in the cities :D There are some towers too. So if Frodo goes to an elven city, Mordor has to siege the city with siege engines. ^^
- There are npc soldiers in other places like Ered Luin or the rangers camp. Same ffor Angmar camp, but for Mordor player.
- The magic attacks of Gandalf do now much more damage.
- Frodo can now mount with Gandalf.
- I removed the Werewolves from Angmar camp
- I increased a little bit Hobbits' health (including Frodo)
- I removed a few goblins lairs
- I increased a little bit the health of good side heroes
- I added some new features such as Bilbo, some additionnal troops, scripts, etc.
-There are TEXTS and DIALOGUES :D So the map has now much more life!
- A few visual changes
- Many bugs fixed
- Better balance

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/jt55qyr4ildsr1d/Eriador+v1.2.zip

Good game! :D

PS: I have updated the changelog, it was incomplete, but now I think I mentionned all the changes I made in 1.1/1.2.

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jun 2016, 13:46 von H4lbarad »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.2 released!!
« Antwort #22 am: 14. Jun 2016, 18:50 »
I have not find bug, good work my friend !

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 22. Jun 2016, 13:45 »
Thank you :)

Sawman

« Antwort #24 am: 25. Jun 2016, 19:25 »
Hello

I have tried the newest version of your map and I think it is great now much more balanced

One thing that bothers me though is how fast the mineshaft recharges for the good side, it is bad enough you have to find Frodo but to have found him and then he goes into a mine shaft and ends up on the other side of the map because the good player has a hero there it makes it rather annoying

very well done though that's my only problem with the map at the moment, keep up the good work

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Jul 2016, 10:48 »
Hello people :)

I am now working on a new map which will be a big open world map too, like my Eriador map. That will be the Rohan!

The map will contain Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Fangorn, and many other places of Rohan. That will be a geographically realistic map, based on maps from the books, and on pictures from the movies.

Stay tuned, I think I will release it soon :) it is already in an advanced stage. ^^

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #26 am: 21. Jul 2016, 12:33 »
Good ! I'm curious to see that you will make with this map.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #27 am: 2. Aug 2016, 20:18 »
VERSION 1.3 RELEASED!

Hello everyone :)

Today I will release the version 1.3 of my Eriador map. It is mainly a bugfix, but I also updated the map with the new features of 4.4 (Imladris).

So now the good player has to pick Imladris as faction. It solves the "problem" of the musics, which were musics of Dwarves from the Hobbit movies, which bothered me a little bit :P Now the musics are more adapted.

I changed the soldiers in Rivendell, I put the new ones from 4.4.
Same for the rangers camp. Also, Halbarad is now available at the rangers camp. You have to go in front of him with Frodo or Strider.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?yi4cfcap9z4jjfr

Have fun :)

Sawman

Re: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #28 am: 6. Aug 2016, 02:19 »
The new changes makes the map now makes you feel you are in Eriador with the updates  :) I like the new things I have found (won't spoil them) but one problem I have found is with the new patch trolls seem to be easily spamable for how cheap they are now, maybe something could be done about that? but other than that love the map

keep up the great work  :)

quick question is there anyway to get Gandalf the white? You don't have to tell me how but I'd just like to know if its possible thanks  :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #29 am: 14. Aug 2016, 11:08 »
The new changes makes the map now makes you feel you are in Eriador with the updates  :) I like the new things I have found (won't spoil them) but one problem I have found is with the new patch trolls seem to be easily spamable for how cheap they are now, maybe something could be done about that? but other than that love the map

keep up the great work  :)

quick question is there anyway to get Gandalf the white? You don't have to tell me how but I'd just like to know if its possible thanks  :)

Thanks for your feedback :)
Did you play in multiplayer? It's very fun ^^ much more than in singleplayer.

For Gandalf the white, it should be possible to get him, but I'm not sure it is working (didnt test it). But if it works, you will get him in a very natural way .. :P