19. Apr 2024, 12:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!  (Gelesen 13684 mal)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.1 released!!
« Antwort #15 am: 2. Jun 2016, 17:52 »
Looking Forward to trying out 1.1 :)

And yeah, I figured Aragorn's health would bug once he "upgrades", so not upgrading him so that he can keep his stats would be the smartest thing right now.  Then again, I might still upgrade him when he is level 10, because his Oathbreakers might be worth it.  We will see :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Jun 2016, 10:59 »
Hello :)
Can I have your feedback for 1.1 version ? Especially for the texts. What do you think of them ? :)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Jun 2016, 13:35 »
Hello :)
Can I have your feedback for 1.1 version ? Especially for the texts. What do you think of them ? :)

I want Boromir's "One does not simply walk into Mordor" sentence xD

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #18 am: 8. Jun 2016, 18:40 »
I can give some quick thoughts. 

1.1 is definately more balanced, but there is still an edge to the Mordor player. 

First off, ambushing the Good side at Lindon is too easy.  There is only 1 way to exit where Cirdan is, and if the Mordor player wait for the Felowship to go to Cirdan and block the path, it's pretty much over.  Adding another way out would be great.

Second, There really isn't nothing the Felowship can do against an Upgraded Trolls spam and a Spider Spam.  They overwhelm the heroes way to quickly.  This is especially problematic with spiders, because influence of Sauron makes them free.  Trolls are a lot hard to get in numbers, but one they are in number, there is no way to counter them if they are used all together.

Third, giving Mordor access to Bill Ferny, you can just tell you where the nearest hero is, makes it so easy to find the heroes. 

Fourth, I think that Gandalf should be able to Damage the Balrog a bit more then he can now.  It would make sense.

Fifth, If Ring Hero Saruman Dies, he drops the Ring, which the Good Player can give to Gandalf and make him unusable, and Mordor can give it to Sauron.  (Haven't Tried Boromir yet). And let's just say getting Sauron Ring Form might be a bit too good  :D

I really enjoying them map still, so very good job.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Jun 2016, 20:02 »
I've noted all the things you said, thank you very much :)

For Lindon problem, there is another way to go out of there. It goes in the mountains of Ered Luin :)

But I understand the problem and in my opinion there is the same problem for the other cities like Imladris or Ered Luin.

So my idea (if It is possible) is to make all the soldiers and guards that we can see in those cities ENNEMIES of Mordor player, but obviously allies of goodside player. But good player shouldnt have the shared vision with these cities when he's not in them. It would be like creeps, but ennemies against Mordor player only. And eventually add some arrow towers too.
Sadly I don't know how to make that. If you have an idea, tell me.

For the Spiders, I can remove them, as I done with werewolves. I think I will keep the trolls, but maybe increase the number of pikemen and archers Frodo can hire.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #20 am: 8. Jun 2016, 20:43 »
When I say there is one way out of Lindon, I mean there is only 1 long path to Cirdan.  Once they go up that path, the Mordor player can block them from coming back down.

Also, the problem isn't that spiders are too strong.  It's that they are free from Influence of Sauron.  If you can remove that, it will be much harder to get a horde of them.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 14. Jun 2016, 12:00 »
Version 1.2 RELEASED!

Hi everyone :)

Today I release the version 1.2 of my map Eriador. There are a couple of news features :
- Now the soldiers and guards of the two elven cities are allied with the good side. They are uncontrollable but will attack Mordor if he comes in the cities :D There are some towers too. So if Frodo goes to an elven city, Mordor has to siege the city with siege engines. ^^
- There are npc soldiers in other places like Ered Luin or the rangers camp. Same ffor Angmar camp, but for Mordor player.
- The magic attacks of Gandalf do now much more damage.
- Frodo can now mount with Gandalf.
- I removed the Werewolves from Angmar camp
- I increased a little bit Hobbits' health (including Frodo)
- I removed a few goblins lairs
- I increased a little bit the health of good side heroes
- I added some new features such as Bilbo, some additionnal troops, scripts, etc.
-There are TEXTS and DIALOGUES :D So the map has now much more life!
- A few visual changes
- Many bugs fixed
- Better balance

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/jt55qyr4ildsr1d/Eriador+v1.2.zip

Good game! :D

PS: I have updated the changelog, it was incomplete, but now I think I mentionned all the changes I made in 1.1/1.2.

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jun 2016, 13:46 von H4lbarad »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.2 released!!
« Antwort #22 am: 14. Jun 2016, 18:50 »
I have not find bug, good work my friend !

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 22. Jun 2016, 13:45 »
Thank you :)

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #24 am: 25. Jun 2016, 19:25 »
Hello

I have tried the newest version of your map and I think it is great now much more balanced

One thing that bothers me though is how fast the mineshaft recharges for the good side, it is bad enough you have to find Frodo but to have found him and then he goes into a mine shaft and ends up on the other side of the map because the good player has a hero there it makes it rather annoying

very well done though that's my only problem with the map at the moment, keep up the good work

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Jul 2016, 10:48 »
Hello people :)

I am now working on a new map which will be a big open world map too, like my Eriador map. That will be the Rohan!

The map will contain Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Fangorn, and many other places of Rohan. That will be a geographically realistic map, based on maps from the books, and on pictures from the movies.

Stay tuned, I think I will release it soon :) it is already in an advanced stage. ^^

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #26 am: 21. Jul 2016, 12:33 »
Good ! I'm curious to see that you will make with this map.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Open-world Eriador map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #27 am: 2. Aug 2016, 20:18 »
VERSION 1.3 RELEASED!

Hello everyone :)

Today I will release the version 1.3 of my Eriador map. It is mainly a bugfix, but I also updated the map with the new features of 4.4 (Imladris).

So now the good player has to pick Imladris as faction. It solves the "problem" of the musics, which were musics of Dwarves from the Hobbit movies, which bothered me a little bit :P Now the musics are more adapted.

I changed the soldiers in Rivendell, I put the new ones from 4.4.
Same for the rangers camp. Also, Halbarad is now available at the rangers camp. You have to go in front of him with Frodo or Strider.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?yi4cfcap9z4jjfr

Have fun :)

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #28 am: 6. Aug 2016, 02:19 »
The new changes makes the map now makes you feel you are in Eriador with the updates  :) I like the new things I have found (won't spoil them) but one problem I have found is with the new patch trolls seem to be easily spamable for how cheap they are now, maybe something could be done about that? but other than that love the map

keep up the great work  :)

quick question is there anyway to get Gandalf the white? You don't have to tell me how but I'd just like to know if its possible thanks  :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Eriador open-world map - Version 1.3 released!!
« Antwort #29 am: 14. Aug 2016, 11:08 »
The new changes makes the map now makes you feel you are in Eriador with the updates  :) I like the new things I have found (won't spoil them) but one problem I have found is with the new patch trolls seem to be easily spamable for how cheap they are now, maybe something could be done about that? but other than that love the map

keep up the great work  :)

quick question is there anyway to get Gandalf the white? You don't have to tell me how but I'd just like to know if its possible thanks  :)

Thanks for your feedback :)
Did you play in multiplayer? It's very fun ^^ much more than in singleplayer.

For Gandalf the white, it should be possible to get him, but I'm not sure it is working (didnt test it). But if it works, you will get him in a very natural way .. :P