28. Mär 2024, 18:21 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard  (Gelesen 15617 mal)

witch_king_26

• Hobbit
Tower Guard and Citadel Guard
« am: 26. Mai 2016, 18:45 »
Hello Edain team. (I am somewhat new to modding union and if this is in the wrong place i am sorry) Anyway my proposition is to make the tower guards the elite of gondor, and rename them fountain guard, and the citadel guard replace the fountain guard. My reason for this is because lorewise the fountain guard were the elite of the elite of Gondor. While the citadel guard were only elite. One problem might be the citadel guards dont have shields. Well if you look in the movie of the Return of the King when the fountain guard are shown if u look behind you can see some type of Gondor soldier with shields. I would assume this would be citadel guard because they are on the top level of the city. Plus you can also see the fountain guard have no shield. So if you could just swap this around i think it would be more accurate to the lore of LOTR. If it is too hard or complicated for other reasons that is fine! It is probably the best mod i have ever played!  ;)

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
Re: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Mai 2016, 14:31 »

+1

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Mai 2016, 15:38 »
This is probably derived from the time of BFME I where there were no citadel guards at all - only "Tower Guards" (who were modeled look-wise after the Fountain Guards of the White Tree. With Edain Mod adding the Citadel Guard to Gondor's roster, the decision was made to make them the heroic elites instead of the Fountain Guards.
Lore-wise, you are correct: the Fountain Guards are the top elites of Gondor. So while this change wouldn't be my top priority (I'd rather want to see the Team work on the two missing factions, and possibly on entirely new ones after that), I'd still support this change.
RPG:

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Mai 2016, 11:09 »
+1 I agree
Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Mai 2016, 11:13 »
I agree
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Mai 2016, 12:32 »
The Guards of the Fountains are already in the game I think the edain team is already working in this units. ;)

Look :

witch_king_26

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Mai 2016, 19:45 »
Yes they have tower guard in the game but they are not the hero units of Gondor, the citadel guards are. My suggestion was to swap them and give the tower guard the name fountain guard and take away their shields and give the citadel guard shields.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Mai 2016, 20:55 »
It also would be a great way to make gondor late game even stronger....wait they are already the strongest. I do not agree because if this happens make dol amroth would be pointless. Dol amroth offers the unique sword based elite unit of gondor, so they are the best "dps" in melee combat just behind heroic ones in the entire faction.
So i cant  agree with this because terms of balance.
But in terms of gameplay and enjoyability I  agree, ok this is strange isnt it? :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 6. Jun 2016, 13:52 »
If I am not mistaken,in the Books there were not Fountain Guard and Citadel Guard or Tower Guard,but rather they were the same Elite Unit but one part were assigned to Guard th Fountain the other to Guard the King or the Steward! :-) But the Movie and Game made them two separate Units for which I  am damn glad because they both look magnificent and cool. Although I would suggest some Cosmetic Changes...

For instance they should get the quality of all new Edain Models which are simply epic

Another thing is that I think Citadel Guard need some Shoulder Armor and a Shield! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Sep 2016, 01:25 »
I agree

Éomer Éadig

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 11. Apr 2017, 11:15 »
I like this idea.

@Draco100000, I really do not understand how this would change the game balance in any way. It would just be a visual change, nothing more. So I do not understand your comment.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2017, 12:06 von Éomer Éadig »

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #11 am: 5. Jan 2018, 15:59 »
As for that you have my vote. Considering their importance as strong defensive unit, I would propose an active ability at level 3: "Guardians of the Fountain" that can result in making a castle/camp fountain invulnerable for several time during defensive battle in order to give a closer touch with their name and their role as defenders

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 5. Jan 2018, 16:22 »
I recently played with Gondor and I watched the films too. And this precise suggestion struck my mind indeed, because I also recall another similar suggestion being forwarded in the past. And I find it a just proposal, really. Lore-wise, it makes absolute sense and is based on the very depiction from the cinematographic adaptation.

Apart from gameplay, the challenging aspect of the idea encompasses graphics, albeit the graphical department having returned active after harder times.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #13 am: 5. Jan 2018, 20:38 »
I recently played with Gondor and I watched the films too. And this precise suggestion struck my mind indeed, because I also recall another similar suggestion being forwarded in the past. And I find it a just proposal, really. Lore-wise, it makes absolute sense and is based on the very depiction from the cinematographic adaptation.

Apart from gameplay, the challenging aspect of the idea encompasses graphics, albeit the graphical department having returned active after harder times.

I always thought that they have much more the aspect of heroic units rather than elite. Their robes (cloak in particular) and armor give the idea of redoubtable and also noble warriors at the same time.

I think a retexturing of the model shouldn't be so hard for the new graphical deparment, given what they presented to us  ;)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Jan 2018, 02:42 »
Yes , please swap name and role between Citadel Guard (currently Heroic unit) and Tower Guards which are the true Minas Tirith Citadel Guards . When u look at helmets of both units you know which is from Gondor and which one is from the past .

+1

I wonder what German part of the community think about this , also new topic about this would be nice too ...