28. Mär 2024, 19:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard  (Gelesen 15618 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard
« Antwort #15 am: 6. Jan 2018, 14:12 »
I might translate the proposal in German, if I have time. It won't be a very difficult of a task to bring this brief suggestion to the other forum.

Besides, I'm very pleased that the thread has been revived. It was worth it and in tune with the forthcoming wind of differentiation, blowing afar on the horizon we may all behold ;)

EpicTslayer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #16 am: 25. Jan 2018, 17:48 »
I absolutely agree with the Cosmetic change, as the Fountain guards look better without shields then the Citadel Guards do. Also, it is more fitting Lorewise

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #17 am: 26. Jan 2018, 11:18 »
Like I said before, If the edain team is interested I can send them my models:

The tower guard one is light and will not make the game slow down

The Citadel guard model is a big model but as we know there is only 15 citadel guards max at time in game. So this will also not make the game slow down.

Moreover, they will not need to change a lot of things in the ini files because I use the same animation that the original edain model.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 26. Jan 2018, 12:00 »
I cannot say nor foretell whether these models might actually find a place in the Edain Mod, but I do want to point out that I sincerely think that they're overall great pieces of art, in my opinion. And I myself advocate the need for this unit switch in the faction for the said reasons.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #19 am: 26. Jan 2018, 16:04 »
I also agree that these look much improved. I would love it if Edain made use of these.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #20 am: 29. Jan 2018, 14:07 »
Hi everyone,

A long time ago, probably around the time when I first saw this topic, I came up with a couple of suggestions to fix the situation of Citadel and Fountain Guards. I created a couple of options, as well as suggesting a new ability to make the heroic unit slightly more interesting.

Here's the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YU5P8NMjoSkR3sUE2OfI4GafTlXklJlBuYaHbWU0Rw/edit?usp=sharing

Please tell me what you think. I hope the overview makes it clearer for members to share their thoughts.

Mr.Todd

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #21 am: 1. Okt 2018, 16:00 »
Hello everyone, I was wondering something about the guardians of the citadel. Don't you think their ability is now too similar to Beregrond's? The ability "defend builidings" is exactly the same as Beregrond "Savior" ability at level 8, I have the feeling that the capacity is no longer unique, perhaps it would be interesting to make them different.

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 2. Okt 2018, 03:46 »
Beregond's ability is considerably more powerful, being able to target all allied buildings (and eventually heroes) in range while the Citadel Guard can target only one building at a time. As Beregond is a member of the Citadel Guard, I think it's thematically appropriate.

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #23 am: 30. Okt 2019, 03:55 »
I have to say that I've been thinking these days about how the Fountain/Tower Guards and Citadel Guards roles are switched in Edain, and i'd like to revive this discussion, as I think that it would surely enhance the playing experience even further :)

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #24 am: 31. Okt 2019, 12:46 »
I am so used to the roles being this way, I actually never thought about it  :D
But it´s true: the Tower Guards are the unit, which looks much more like the heroic unit. I don´t even think there needs to be a huge balance change, when the roles are simply swapped. And it gives us the opportunity to think about new abilities  8-)
The Tower Guards could keep their shield and the shieldwall ability, but could also have a weapon switch to sword and a different ability if equipped (maybe bonus damage next to your own buildings).
The Citadel Guards would lose their switch and would play the role as heavy spears. They should get a formation aiming to fit in with the new central spell. I thought about a long line giving them bonus damage against cavalry but less so against infantry.
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #25 am: 31. Okt 2019, 13:25 »
Zitat
The Tower Guards could keep their shield and the shieldwall ability, but could also have a weapon switch to sword and a different ability if equipped (maybe bonus damage next to your own buildings).
There are no fitting animations for such switches.

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #26 am: 31. Okt 2019, 17:00 »
I'd rather make a more simple change: just switch the units' design and think of new abilities for the new heroic unit;

For the new Citadel Guard, they would have the same animation, formation and role of the old Gondor Fountain/Tower Guard; it would only require adding the shield to it's design.

For the new Gondor Fountain/Tower Guard, they would have the same animation and role as the old Citadel Guard, but without the shield (as it's supposed to be); it would only require having new abilities, such as:
- Level 1 - Fountain Guard - the Fountain Guards will vigorously defend Gondor's realm - the selected building will have a 25% armor boost and the Fountain Guards will have a 50% damage and armor boost for 30 seconds;
- Level 5 - Duty of the Tower Guards - the intrepid Tower Guards fight valiantly to protect the heroes of Gondor - heroes near the Tower Guards have +10% armor +5% additional armor per each additional battalion with this ability up to a 20% armor boost (passive ability).

What do you think? :)

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #27 am: 31. Okt 2019, 18:20 »
I must say that from a lore- and gameplay-perspective, I don't mind how it is currently, since Tower Guard, Citadel Guard and Fountain Guard are all the same and in-game their abilities fit to the roles they have been assigned.

From a visual standpoint however, I do agree that giving the heroic unit the movie's "Fountain Guard" look (I found a fountain guard model in the worldbuilder, but it's unfinished) and giving the current Citadel Guard model to the elite unit would look better overall.
The names could stay the same or be changed, I wouldn't mind in either case.

Signed,
The Only True Witchking
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #28 am: 1. Nov 2019, 16:32 »
I'd rather make a more simple change: just switch the units' design and think of new abilities for the new heroic unit;

For the new Citadel Guard, they would have the same animation, formation and role of the old Gondor Fountain/Tower Guard; it would only require adding the shield to it's design.

For the new Gondor Fountain/Tower Guard, they would have the same animation and role as the old Citadel Guard, but without the shield (as it's supposed to be); it would only require having new abilities, such as:
- Level 1 - Fountain Guard - the Fountain Guards will vigorously defend Gondor's realm - the selected building will have a 25% armor boost and the Fountain Guards will have a 50% damage and armor boost for 30 seconds;
- Level 5 - Duty of the Tower Guards - the intrepid Tower Guards fight valiantly to protect the heroes of Gondor - heroes near the Tower Guards have +10% armor +5% additional armor per each additional battalion with this ability up to a 20% armor boost (passive ability).
Sounds good to me  :)
Only thing I could critisize is, that some people might miss the sfieldwall-formation.
Would the Citadel-Guards keep their weapon-switch as elite?
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #29 am: 1. Nov 2019, 17:14 »
I did not mean to remove the shieldwall formation, this ability should be kept; the only necessary thing to do is give the NEW citadel guard (which will take the role of the OLD tower guard) the OLD tower guard's shield so they can use the formation  :)

No, I did not propose for the NEW tower guards (now as heroic units) to have a weapon switch, as it could possibly not fit very well visually, but of course this can be discussed - I am personally indifferent about keeping the weapon switch  :P