29. Mär 2024, 10:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard  (Gelesen 15632 mal)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Tower Guard and Citadel Guard
« Antwort #30 am: 2. Nov 2019, 16:25 »
Hi all!
I don't know if that could give a little inspiration, but if you're interested I myself have a concept in progress for my Edain Submod. If someone here would like to use or to modify some piece of that concept for the current edain I would be happy to help ^^

Note that in my submod, this concept will only be used in some map like Minas Tirith where the player will be opposed to many attackers, thing which explain why I made them so powerful. But I think this can easily be balanced (making them more difficult to recruit or limiting the maximum number of hordes at time)..

Here the link of the article :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/glorfindel23-submod/news/spellbooks-in-minas-tirith
I alos write it in modding union (click on Minas Tirith): https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,34833.0.html
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2019, 16:32 von Glorfindel23 »

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #31 am: 4. Nov 2019, 11:01 »
Your Tower Guard model is very nice! I don't know what is the policy of the Edain Team concerning using other people's authorized models, but your model definitely could be used somehow  :)

joelockard

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #32 am: 29. Aug 2020, 14:44 »
I know I'm late at this but I support this proposal. agree that the current Tower Guards deserve and should be the heroic unit of Gondor while the current Citadel Guards will take over the role of elite pikemen and getting shields. They could even keep the names and just swap the designs although Fountain Guards or Guardians of the White Tree sounds more fitting should they switch roles. Going by the films, we can clearly see that the Fountain Guards' design is more unique and fitting for a cream-of-the-crop type unit in Gondor's roster. Meanwhile the armor design of the Citadel Guards do not differ that much from regular Gondor infantry except for the cape and shield.

I'm not sure how the Fountain Guards would look if they were to be able to toggle between sword and spear but my guess is many players wouldn't mind. I don't think many would mind either if they lose the toggle stance and become a heroic pikemen unit but capable enough to take on basic and elite swords men (similar to the Cirith Ungol Halberdiers).