28. Mär 2024, 13:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Ring Hero  (Gelesen 8534 mal)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Dwarven Ring Hero
« Antwort #15 am: 18. Dez 2016, 20:04 »
I really feel Durin VII does need to be incorporated into Erebor and it might solve some of the issues that people have with Young and Old Dain II ringheroes.

Durin VII is alive in the Third Age, whether you want to consider him the son of Thorin III, Thorin III, or grandson of Thorin III is up to you.

Durin VII is alive for the following reasons:

1. He was predicted to be born at the Battle of Azanulbizar.

2. The Fourth Age is short for elves and dwarfs and is the dominion of man, Dwarfs have to reconquer Moria fast.

3. Dain II lived for 242 years and probably would have lived longer if he hadn’t been killed. Thorin III was born in 2866, going by Gimli’s birth in 2879 TA, which would put his father Gloin at 96 (Gloin was born in 2783 TA). So if we add this number to Thorin III this would make Durin VII born in 2962 and would put him in his 50’s during the time of Lord of the Rings—War of the Ring.

4. Durins are considered to be deathless—we see that Durin the deathless lives into the end of the 1st Age, Durin VI lives for 249 years but is then slain by the Balrog of Moria. So given the longevity of this elite line—this alone would suggest that Durin VII could have played a pivotal role in the Battle of Dale/Erebor during the events of the War of the Ring. Also, given that he is a descendent of Thorin III from the books—it makes sense to incorporate Durin VII as the son of Thorin III. Remember Durin VII proclaims himself Durin reborn in the 4th Age.

5. Durin VII would most likely be called Royal Anar or something, he is alive and is most likely the son of Thorin III and I will post the link here of the picture of his lineage chart:
http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/D%C3%BArin_the_Deathless

please see the lineage chart to the right.

I think all of this evidences the fact that Durin VII was alive during the time of the War of the Ring, but didn't call himself Durin VII, that is what the One Ring would do. It would make him Durin and allow him to proclaim himself early.
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Dez 2016, 21:46 von dkbluewizard »
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #16 am: 19. Dez 2016, 12:42 »
Hello !

And I have a question ??? Why is everyone so try to revive or restore Durin the game ??? For existing characters already so good (except for a few nuances), can add to the game better Thrór, Thráin and Nain ???

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 19. Dez 2016, 12:58 »
Why is everyone so try to revive or restore Durin the game ??? For existing characters already so good (except for a few nuances), can add to the game better Thrór, Thráin and Nain ???

The Blue Mountains and the Iron Hills are set during the events of the Hobbit, and Erebor during the War of the Ring. Thráin was incapacitated during the Hobbit (as he was caged and agonising in Dol Guldur) and the other two characters were long dead at that time.

Durin is a completely different matter: the whole reincarnation/rebirth element that permeates his lore allows us to propose a possible implementation in the game. Otherwise, there might be timeline contradictions.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #18 am: 19. Dez 2016, 13:16 »
Then we can offer the concept according to which the receiving ring (no matter who Thorin or Dain), it brings together all the clans of gnomes under one arm to reconquer Moria and Erebor ??? It sounds more or less plausible, given the stubbornness of Dwarves, and the desire to regain the lost yarosnoe house!
By the way may be you will be interested ( https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,34206.0.html )

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 19. Dez 2016, 15:06 »
Well I strongly feel Durin VII would have to be the ringhero for Erebor during War of the Ring. Another reason is because King Dain II Ironfoot is offered Durin's ring of power by Sauron and rejects it--so I don't think he would have taken the ring like Galadriel.

Here is something, what if we had an option like Galadriel? If King Dain II accepts the ring, he becomes like Young Dain's ring abilities, if he rejects it, then he summons Durin VII who acts like Durin from previous patches. This ties all the lore together and shows us that Dain is more like the books, Durin is alive but proclaims himself early, and this pleases all parties as Lord Dain and King Dain's ring function is switched, Durin is implemented back into the game, and lore wise everything is canonical.

Let me know what you guys think.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.