19. Apr 2024, 22:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: unable to open the Launcher, Exception Message  (Gelesen 6341 mal)

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
unable to open the Launcher, Exception Message
« am: 20. Jun 2016, 09:55 »
Hi,

I just recently downloaded the latest version of Edain (4.3 demo version I think) from moddb.com, and installed it automatically via the edain setup which i assume downloaded it onto my witch king game. Yet every time I try to open the Edain launcher by clicking the desktop icon to run the mod this message pops up;

"Exception Message: 'Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006. TypeConverterMarkupExten sion' threw an exception.' Line number '24 and line position '18'. "

I downloaded and installed the 'Edain Mod Launcher - Current Version' and the 2 patches for both BFME2 and The Witch King Expansion from here;

https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,417.0.html

I uninstalled both Edain and the witch king xpac, deleted the witch king files under Users/user/Appdata/Roaming/MyBattleForMiddleEarth....etc etc. THEN reinstalled the expansion, updated it via the patch, (turned off my windows firewall because I was paranoid), installed Edain then the current version of the launcher yet still the message pops up

Hope that makes sense and that you can help me out

Kind Regards,

Achillies

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: unable to open the Launcher, Exception Message
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Jun 2016, 13:49 »
Install the newest Version of .NET Framework and try again.

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Jun 2016, 14:28 »
Wouldn't happen to have a link to download that would you? Incase I download the wrong thing....which going from my luck would probably happen.

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jun 2016, 14:34 »
Okay I was going to download it, but apparently I already have the latest .net framework software installed on my pc. A window pops up before i can download it saying

".NET Framework 4.6 or a later update is already installed on this computer."
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jun 2016, 14:39 von Achillies »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Jun 2016, 17:19 »
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17718
Try downloading that one.
Would also appreciate some further system informations.
Shortly explaining it: something makes the launcher fail load one of its graphics. This shouldnt happen at all, especially since other graphics are loaded the same way before. So it should work with that graphic file too. You are the first one with this problem.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jun 2016, 17:24 von Turin Turumbar »

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 21. Jun 2016, 05:32 »
Hi,

I tried downloading .Net framework via the link you provided but I ran into the same issue when trying to install that software. A window pops up stating;

"Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer."

And also were would I find the necessary system information regarding my machine to help you?

At the moment what information I could find was;

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU       Q6600    @ 2.40GHz   2.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows Edition: Windows 7 Premium       Service Pack 1

Is that sufficient information? I am not all that great with the technical side with computers, I just enjoy playing the games  :D

IshaMe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Jul 2016, 22:55 »
Hello there. New here. Having the very same problem.

IshaMe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Jul 2016, 22:59 »
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Installed memory: 3.00 RAM
System type:64 Bit
Windows 7 Ultimate
Service pack 1

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Jul 2016, 20:29 »
Also try installing .NET Framework and reinstalling the Launcher.

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Okt 2016, 05:17 »
Hi,

Long time since I haven't posted but i decided to try again and reinstalled the launcher finally, i even uninstalled my previous .NET Framework and reinstalled it via the link that was provided for it yet still I get the same error message;

"Exception Message: Provide value on 'System.Windows.BAMI2006. TypeConverterMarkupExten sion' threw an exception.' Line number 24 and line position 18.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #10 am: 31. Okt 2016, 16:00 »
This error is definitely caused by a damaged .net framework installation. It seems even reinstalling it didnt really work. Did you ever install .net framework updates via Windows Update? If not, do so. You can get them by going to the Windows Updates and clicking at the button that you also want to receive updates for other Microsoft products.

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 1. Nov 2016, 07:42 »
Okay, so I tried to install Windows update via Start Menu - All Programs - Windows Update and installed all the updates until there were none left. Then I reinstalled Edain Mod 4.3 Demo via this website (https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,417.0.html)

Still the same error message.

I then went to my control panel - programs and features - clicked on 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 then tried repairing it, uninstalled and then reinstalled Edain checked for updates in windows updates, installed all necessary updates.....

Still didn't work...

I then uninstalled instead of repaired 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1' redownloaded it via the link that was posted earlier in this thread/forum/thing whatever, installed any updates that popped up in Windows Update, reinstalled Edain and.....

Nothing... Just the same error message

At that point in time I just looked out the window at society outside, pondered my waste of an existence on this planet, computer in hand then proceeded to laugh in an uncontrollable fit of both rage and insanity as I threw said computer out the window. I then celebrated after by crying myself into a comatose state in bed.

Yes I tried both downloading and installing separately Edain Mod 4.3 Demo and Edain Mod Launcher - Current Version. Both give me the same lovely error message that I now have wet dreams over since I have grown accustomed to it so much.

Update History is;

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3143693)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3136000)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3127233)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3122661)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3164025)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3142037)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows 7 for x64 (KB3102433)
Update for Windows 7 for x64 - based Systems (KB2830477)

Achillies

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 1. Nov 2016, 08:06 »
Funnily enough, if I just click the The Lord of the Rings - The Rise of the Witch King desktop icon, the mod loads and plays, HOWEVER........

Its all in German....
Every time I have tried installing Edain, whenever there is an option I always click 'English' so I don't think thats an issue on my end when installing it, its just a shame that the mod runs but just that its in German. I assume the launcher gives the option to play the mod in English? Unfortunately my knowledge in German is non-existent so all I can do is dream/hope/head smash my keyboard a few billion times.

So close....yet so far...... :(

And since I can't attach the event log even though its clearly a text document I will just copy the contents of the start of it into this post:

Log Start
1/11/2016 3:20:39 PM
Exception Message:'Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006. TypeConverterMarkupExten sion' threw an exception.' Line number '24' and line position '18'.
System.Windows.Markup.Xa mlParseException: 'Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006. TypeConverterMarkupExten sion' threw an exception.' Line number '24' and line position '18'. ---> System.Runtime.InteropSe rvices.COMException: The operation completed successfully. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070000)
   at System.Windows.Media.Col orContext.FromRawBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 dataLength, Boolean dontThrowException)
   at System.Windows.Media.Col orContext.FromStream(Stream stm, String filename)
   at System.Windows.Media.Col orContext..ctor(PixelFormat pixelFormat)
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima ging.BitmapSource.Create CachedBitmap(BitmapFrame frame, BitmapSourceSafeMILHandl e wicSource, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, BitmapPalette palette)
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima ging.BitmapFrameDecode.F inalizeCreation()
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima ging.BitmapDecoder.Setup Frames(BitmapDecoder decoder, ReadOnlyCollection`1 frames)
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima ging.BitmapDecoder.get_F rames()
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima ging.BitmapFrame.CreateF romUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy)
   at System.Windows.Media.Ima geSourceConverter.Conver tFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime .ClrObjectRuntime.CallPr ovideValue(MarkupExtension me, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.Xa mlReader.RewrapException (Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.Wp fXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.Wp fXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.Xa mlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Applicati on.LoadBamlStreamWithSyn cInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Applicati on.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Applicati on.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading .ExceptionWrapper.Intern alRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading .ExceptionWrapper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #13 am: 1. Nov 2016, 08:44 »
Just sent you a PM with instructions how to manually update and change the language to English. The Log file still tells me its an .net framework issue. So yeah, no idea how you can fix it.

tmt24030

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 14. Jan 2017, 13:51 »
Hi,

I have the same problem on my computer. Sorry I cannot attach the log file here, but this is what it said in the event log:

Exception Message:The 'meta' start tag on line 1 position 14 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 3, position 15.
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'meta' start tag on line 1 position 14 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 3, position 15.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.ParseElementContent ()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Loa dNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Loa dDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.L oad(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.L oad(String filename)
   at Edain_Mod_Launcher.MainW indow.Button_Update_Star ten_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRout e.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Edain_Mod_Launcher.MainW indow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRout e.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Broadcast EventHelper.BroadcastEve nt(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.Broadcast EventHelper.BroadcastLoa dedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnlo adedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.Med iaContext.FireLoadedPend ingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.Med iaContext.FireInvokeOnRe nderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.Med iaContext.RenderMessageH andlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.Med iaContext.RenderMessageH andler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndSource.HwndTargetFilt erMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.Wnd Proc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.Di spatcherCallbackOperatio n(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading .ExceptionWrapper.Intern alRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading .ExceptionWrapper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)