19. Mär 2024, 03:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Food you love  (Gelesen 4474 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Food you love
« am: 26. Jun 2016, 14:27 »
Let's talk about food we love! So what is the food or drink you always enjoy, no question about it?

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Food you love
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Jun 2016, 14:29 »
So starting off:

First of all, I am a huge fan of Tabasco sauces, especially Habanero. So spicy food is my thing in general.

Rice and/or potatoes, two things I could eat anytime.

When it comes to a certain cuisine, I would choose Mexican, along with Chinese (more specifically Sichuan) which is also amazing. And yes, both of those are stereotypically spicy.

Now I'm very, very picky when sweets are in question, I don't know why. I don't easily trust sweet food. I love ice cream though. And maple syrup.

And drinks, I usually just drink water. From alcohol, I like beer the most (it's basically the only type of alcohol I drink).

Last thing - My nemesis is kiwi. It's the most disgusting thing imaginable for me.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jan 2018, 06:12 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Jun 2016, 17:07 »
Food...I could go on for hours, but I'll keep it short
I like spicy stuff although I prefer it rather light. I also like sushi's and Thai food. I'm not really picky but I usually prefer stuff that is fresh like a salad. Apart from that I don't like any desserts but chocolate cake.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Jun 2016, 18:58 »
Same here, I could be talking about food all day long.
Drinks? Coffee, beer and bourbon. No sweet drinks for me!

WarOfTheRingVeteran: It's Habanero, not Habañero (from La Habana, Cuba).
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jun 2016, 19:05 von Canis carcharothias »

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Jun 2016, 19:19 »
WarOfTheRingVeteran: It's Habanero, not Habañero (from La Habana, Cuba).

Dammit, yes, you're right, thanks... How many times am I going to make that mistake?
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jun 2016, 19:25 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Jun 2016, 20:29 »
Give me chicken and potatoes and I'm the happiest man alive  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 26. Jun 2016, 21:13 »
Food? Very fascinating thread! We might also discover a bit more of each other. You know, as a quotation says: we are what we eat  xD

Having being brought up in a particularly renowned country regarding food, I always pretty much stuck with the Italian immensely wide variety of dishes; that is, meat, vegetarian specialties, fish, sweets and local (very local) recipes. In my particular case, I often eat a relatively healthy ensemble of pasta (you don't say!), vegetables, fruit and sometimes meat. I admit I rarely try foreign food, as Italian people generally do (we are a bit proud of our own gastronomic 'tradition'). I believe that one of the advantages of the Italian food is exactly its uniqueness yet simplicity (opposed to sophistication).

I don't drink alcohol, and, about two years ago, I also decided to quit drinking fizzy drinks of any sort, remaining thus absolutely loyal to Water. If I really had to name some of my favourite specialties, I would say Ravioli, Lasagne, Carbonara and a lot of other delicious dishes  :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #7 am: 26. Jun 2016, 23:09 »
I'm also a lover of Italian food. My native food would be Russian but we are not really known for having a good cuisine :P. Thus I really love foreign food, like Indian, Chinese and especially Italian. Ranging from pizza to pasta. Also meat and potatoes are very important to me, I cannot live without those.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Aug 2016, 18:04 »
For me, it is more the state of the food that is important. So, for instance, I love cold and fresh tomatoes, especially in a salad. However, I don't like them when they are steamed in a pan and become soft and drabby. Not because of the taste, but the substance. It feels like I am eating wet paper.

Anyway, when it comes to cuisine, I enjoy pretty much everything that I am not allergic to (peanuts, crablets and kiwis mostly) and that is well-seasoned, with a good mix of crust, spice and sauce. The entirety of Asian cuisine is just phenomenal, Italian cuisine is the best in Europe imo, Hungarian cuisine is delish too. The list could go on and on and on...
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #9 am: 26. Aug 2016, 19:30 »
I'm partial to the old American classics of my childhood: mac n cheese, burgers, potato salad, meatloaf, etc. I have to say I have a deep affection of Italian food (pastaaaaa), but if I had to pick my #1 meal it would be a nice juicy steak with a side of mashed potatoes with butter.

I personally don't really enjoy vegetables and am more inclined to fruit.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Aug 2016, 19:41 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 17. Feb 2017, 23:11 »
I really like rice and chicken with lemon sauce or chicken with potatoes : potatoes are regional food in my city also i like boiled cheesecake , some soups like tomato soup , cucumber soup , pea soup , soups from pack . Fish on fridays , spaghetti . I like diffrent many type of salad.

Zitat
And drinks, I almost exclusively drink hot water. From alcohol, I like beer the most (it's basically the only type of alcohol I drink).
also i can add Pepsi MAX for man :)

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #11 am: 9. Jan 2018, 15:13 »
I present something that is for centuries a traditional food that could be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Balkans.
Behold the "Burek" :) :) :)
http://www.balkanfoodrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/sirnica1.jpg