19. Mär 2024, 12:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Nazgul(s) Concept Rework (New Suggestion)  (Gelesen 3586 mal)

koh11

• Bilbos Festgast
Nazgul(s) Concept Rework (New Suggestion)
« am: 1. Jul 2016, 11:13 »
I really loved the Sauron's concept in Edain where if he dies he doesn't go away. He takes time to gather his power back. This is just a suggestion but I think the concept is better suited to Nazgul as well where if they die they will take time to gather their bodies back (similar to the books when they lose their forms).

Obviously such a concept would need to have cons and pros from a game perspective too. How about increase the cost for recruitment from 1300 to 2500 for all Nazgul besides Witch King and Khamul and give them additional HP as trade-off for the extra cost. Ater they die, depending on Sauron's level, they will take 12 minutes (Sauron < level 7) to 6 minutes (Sauron > level 7) to respawn with no cost. Maybe the times can be higher to balance it out.

It would make Mordor unique in the sense that they have to use Nazgul to gather their strength back.

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
Re: Nazgul(s) Concept Rework (New Suggestion)
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Jul 2016, 13:30 »
I think that atM if Sauron is Lvl. 10 Nazguls can be recruited with no cost. If not so it would be a nice idea to combine both effects i think: meaning that when Sauron is Lvl.10 they dont die, but respawn from their shadow form. Though it could cause issues with the earlier choice between Ringwraith and Prince/Marshall.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Jul 2016, 12:42 »
I agree that from a very puristic Nazguls should not die like regular heroes do. It does bring a lot of balancing issues with it, because of the fact that most of Mordor's resource production goes into heroes and not units. Thus we can already see that some of Mordor's heroes are quite a bit more expensive while not being so strong as heroes in other factions.

I do not know for sure whether currently the Nazguls can be recruited without cost when Sauron reaches level 10, but I personally believe that this does not reflect the strong connection between Sauron and his Nazgul. I would say that this feature suits Sauron with the Ring a lot better, although it might prove a big issue for balance if one can buy 10000 worth of heroes for free.

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Mai 2017, 20:28 »
I think the way to implement this and maintain balance would be to make it an effect if Sauron gets the ring. It's a cool concept and very lore accurate but as has been pointed out already it would make Mordor way to strong since all their money goes to heroes and siege right now. If it wouldn't hurt balance it could be an effect when Sauron hits level 10 they don't die and are on a cooldown for a few minutes just like how Sauron works now. If it wouldn't hurt balance I think this is the best approach for the Nazgul only not Mouth since they are described in book and movie as "neither living nor dead". This would also help the problem of them being a little overpriced until you get Saurons levels up since they are really weak to fire and upgraded units.