19. Apr 2024, 15:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: "Misty Mountains"? Really?  (Gelesen 3434 mal)

dialsamai

• Bilbos Festgast
"Misty Mountains"? Really?
« am: 11. Jul 2016, 06:19 »
Hi fellows. It is so good to come upon such an active community. Modders are definitely who give life to this game, hated by EA it seems but loved by so many. =P

OK, introductions aside, on to my topic: you guys are making a fantastic job here, especially with the dwarven faction; it is so good to see Durin the Deathless on the field of battle! And Narin and his ram-riders! Also, the heroic battalions (Unburnt and the rest) are top notch!

There is though one aspect of the faction that bothers me (and I hope some of you agree with me): the name. It is so very obvious that all 3 realms of dwarves are in league with each other, with Erebor at their head.

I would suggest (being this the subforum for dwarven suggestions) you make this lead obvious: "Erebor" should be the name of the faction, and no longer "Dwarves". (This would match others like "Lothlórien" and "Gondor" and "Rohan". Thank God for no more Men of the West crap).

Then, inside the game, the options could be like this:
The Ered Luin
The Iron Hills
The Lonely Mountain

Do you guys follow me? Well, thank you for your attention anyways. =D

dialsamai

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: "Misty Mountains"? Really?
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Jul 2016, 06:37 »
A wee bit of a proposition: drop the weird new names, keep simple, location-oriented names like in game number one (The Battle for Middle-earth).

I know it seems like something minor, but on this side I must say, I loved to play as Gondor or Rohan before, and it was kind of a turn off to play as the "Men of the West".

I do think you will agree with me or at least see my point: the creators of this mod have made fantastic work-arounds with Rohan and Gondor and even Arnor, as well as Mordor, Isengard and Angmar.

Lothlórien is extremely well-achieved, and I expect no less from the new "Imladris" or "Rivendell". Now I ask you, will you really go with this "Misty Mountains" stuff? Would it not match much better the rest of the factions to name it "Moria" and have Gundabad, Golbintown and Khazad-dum be the options?

The same applies to the "Dwarves": it would be sooooooo much better to see them named "Erebor", with the options being the Ered Luin, the Iron Hills and the Lonely Moutain. I hope to read what you guys think. Godspeed to this mod! And blessings to the modders!

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Jul 2016, 08:03 »
Misty Mountains is the name of the region where the faction of the Orcs of the North is located. Gundabad, Goblin-town and Moria are not realms of their own but just strongholds. In the game, they are sub-factions of the Misty Mountains (you do not need to choose like you do with the dwarves, you can gain access to all three in every game).
RPG:

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Jul 2016, 08:05 »
This is sort of misleading as "Erebor" is the Sindarin word for "Lonely Mountain". Thus, this faction name would be used twice.

If you do not like the generic "Dwarves" name, a possibility would be to rename the faction to "Durin's Folk" and have the three existing sub-factions available.
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Jul 2016, 14:36 »
First of all, welcome to Modding Union! It's always pleasant to know that more people are willing to join this, as you wrote, very active Edain Community, whose specific lively dynamics are exactly made possible by the very people who contribute to the discussions here  :)

Fine has already answered you exhaustively about the reason why the Misty Mountains faction is actually named that way and why renaming the Dwarves 'Erebor' would be incorrect and just unnecessary. I also sincerely think that you had better visit the Edain News section of this forum, where you will certainly find many answers to your doubts and a lot of information of what the Edain Team has planned to do with each faction. Needless to say, you are also more than free to browse other threads of other boards that deal with similar matters; there are many of them, and you will thus understand why the Dwarven subfaction system couldn't be applied to the Misty Mountains in such way.

I will also merge this thread with its akin counterpart in the Edain General Suggestions board, as I can't see any reason for this topic being split in two parts and fragmented. Furthermore, I even think that it would not be necessary to continue to develop this debate, given that each faction's title is something already very well decided and defined; henceforth, this thread is closed.

--- MERGED ---

--- LOCKED ---
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jul 2016, 14:39 von DieWalküre »