29. Mär 2024, 03:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan open-world map ---- v1.2 RELEASED!  (Gelesen 14043 mal)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Rohan open-world map ---- v1.2 RELEASED!
« am: 28. Jul 2016, 15:48 »
VERSION 1.2 DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.moddb.com/groups/edain-community-content/addons/rohan-open-world-map
(See the last message for the changelog)

Hello people :)

I present today my new map. It is a big Rohan open-world map! :D

The map contains almost the whole Rohan, including Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Fangorn, fords of Isen, and a big plain of Rohan.

When you play as Rohan, you have to protect the civilians of Rohan from the invasion of Isengard. They are represented by 6 "battalions" of civilians, which are at the start in Edoras. You can bring them to Helm's Deep, which offers a much better protection than Edoras, but much less recruitment buildings. You can also decide to keep them in Edoras, but I think it is harder to protect them there. You should also defend the Rohan farms and villages which are outside the cities, because they produce almost all the resources you will need. To win the game, you have to destroy the dam of Isengard. For that, you can have the help of the Ents of Fangorn.

When you play as Isengard, you have to destroy the people of Rohan (so kill the 6 battalions of civilians). :P
At the start, you can only train wargriders and wildmen if you explore a little bit. More buildplots will appear progressively after time in your base, but if you want to have more buildplots, you have to destroy the farms and villages of Rohan. When you destroy them, buildplots appear for you at the same places. :)

I make it to be played in multiplayer 1v1, so don't expect a good challenge against AI.

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/sbtys7qapfqx65v/Rohan+v1.0.zip

I hope you will enjoy :) If you have some suggestions, or bugs report, you are more than welcome :D

Here are some screenshots:
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Sep 2016, 12:44 von H4lbarad »

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Rohan open-world map v1.0 --- RELEASED!
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Jul 2016, 15:53 »
Sorry for the triple post :( there was so many pictures in these posts and that caused bugs...

Can you delete the three upper posts please DieWalkure ? :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:05 »
The identical multiple posts were successfully removed  :)

Remember that you can always edit any post of yours, if you want to add new content or, in this case, correct and improve the elements presented.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:05 »
I told you wrong, I wanted that you let only the first thread posted :( it was the one where there was the longer description...

Is it possible to change that ? And after that you can delete the one where I'm writing

Sorry it's complicated :p

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:11 »
I don't have the power to retrieve them. Sorry, but, if you want to change the current description, I can only suggest you add it yourself in this post. As I wrote, you can modify it whenever you want (without any limit of time).

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:13 »
Ok I understand :) thank you btw ^^

I will complete the description later!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:16 »

Take all the time you need. This is a quiet and ordered forum, and we are gentlemen that can wait  ;)

If you need further support, don't hesitate to ask  :)

gandalf the white

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Jul 2016, 18:27 »
relased day ?

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Jul 2016, 18:51 »
Your Helm's Deep looks beautiful ! Good work for Isengard and Edoras also !  ;)

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Jul 2016, 21:43 »
It's good and all nice map too but.....

Where is it ? Where's the map ? We need it  xD

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 29. Jul 2016, 11:26 »

Take all the time you need. This is a quiet and ordered forum, and we are gentlemen that can wait  ;)

If you need further support, don't hesitate to ask  :)

Thank you! :)

relased day ?

Today :P

Your Helm's Deep looks beautiful ! Good work for Isengard and Edoras also !  ;)

Thank you! I'm looking forward to your feedback :)

It's good and all nice map too but.....

Where is it ? Where's the map ? We need it  xD

The map is released, I updated the first post ^^ Have fun!

And read the description in the first post, it's useful!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Rohan open-world map v1.0 --- (really) RELEASED!
« Antwort #11 am: 29. Jul 2016, 22:34 »
Ah very nice work! It must have costed a lot of time to make xD.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 29. Jul 2016, 22:46 »
Thank you :D

Yeah sure, much time, like my Eriador map ^^

But I like the result :P

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #13 am: 29. Jul 2016, 22:52 »
Just tried it out as Rohan against the AI, and have some feedback on the map itself.

-When Rohan breaks the dam, Rohan loses, which obviously isn't supposed to happen :P.  I think the problem is that it is set so Rohan is destoryed when the Dam is broke instead of Isengard. 

-The Tower of Orthanc has a lot of health, but isn't invincible. I suggest making it either a lot easier to destory, or make it unable to be destroyed.

-While I haven't played this against a human player, I suspect that the Treasure chests will break the balance of this map.  Both factions pretty much need that money to Kick Start their economy, and because Rohan has access to the Exile Camp, they will pretty much always get the gold first.  I suggest changing the gold into Hero Level ups, as well as adding some Creeps defending the Areas.  That way, both factions would have an equal chance of getting to it first, but it is more of a risk because you need a hero to get it, and it will take the hero out of the main fight for a little.  Though I wouldn't add Troll Lairs, otherwise people will grind them for Experience.

- I suggest adding the "Isengard Orcs" to the Orc camp.  Because Grishnak is there, it would make sense for the Isengard Orcs to be there too. 

- I strongly suggest that you make Gimli run faster.  In both this map and the Eriador map you made, Gimli is annoyingly slow compared to every other hero.  So if you know how to make him as fast as the other heroes, that would be great. 

- For a Forest, Fangorn seems to not have too many trees.  Adding some more would make it look more like a forest. 

- Lastly, I would like to see an edited spellbook for the Map.  It was amazing how it worked in the Eriador in my opinion, and I would like to see something similar come back.

Other then that, the map is great.  I really like the map, especially visually.  Keep up the good work.  :)

EDIT: Seems like my game just bugged out the first time because Fangorn Forest has a lot of Trees on my second attempt.  Sorry about that :P
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jul 2016, 03:38 von Hamanathnath »

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 31. Jul 2016, 11:51 »
Just tried it out as Rohan against the AI, and have some feedback on the map itself.

-When Rohan breaks the dam, Rohan loses, which obviously isn't supposed to happen :P.  I think the problem is that it is set so Rohan is destoryed when the Dam is broke instead of Isengard. 

-The Tower of Orthanc has a lot of health, but isn't invincible. I suggest making it either a lot easier to destory, or make it unable to be destroyed.

-While I haven't played this against a human player, I suspect that the Treasure chests will break the balance of this map.  Both factions pretty much need that money to Kick Start their economy, and because Rohan has access to the Exile Camp, they will pretty much always get the gold first.  I suggest changing the gold into Hero Level ups, as well as adding some Creeps defending the Areas.  That way, both factions would have an equal chance of getting to it first, but it is more of a risk because you need a hero to get it, and it will take the hero out of the main fight for a little.  Though I wouldn't add Troll Lairs, otherwise people will grind them for Experience.

- I suggest adding the "Isengard Orcs" to the Orc camp.  Because Grishnak is there, it would make sense for the Isengard Orcs to be there too. 

- I strongly suggest that you make Gimli run faster.  In both this map and the Eriador map you made, Gimli is annoyingly slow compared to every other hero.  So if you know how to make him as fast as the other heroes, that would be great. 

- For a Forest, Fangorn seems to not have too many trees.  Adding some more would make it look more like a forest. 

- Lastly, I would like to see an edited spellbook for the Map.  It was amazing how it worked in the Eriador in my opinion, and I would like to see something similar come back.

Other then that, the map is great.  I really like the map, especially visually.  Keep up the good work.  :)

EDIT: Seems like my game just bugged out the first time because Fangorn Forest has a lot of Trees on my second attempt.  Sorry about that :P

- I will correct the bug of the end game, thank you :)

- Ok for the treasures I will do something.

- Yes, I will replace normal orcs by Isengard orcs

- hmm don't know if it's a good idea... I think it's more immersive xD

- I will work on the spellbook for v1.1 yeah :)

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's very useful for me :D
I hope you will try soon against a human player, it's much better ^^ If you want I can play with you (or with someone else!)

________________________ ___
I have a couple of screen of a game against Glorfindel23, who ended (surprisingly :P ) at Helm's Deep :