28. Mär 2024, 10:52 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Troops Heavy Armour Design  (Gelesen 480 mal)

joelockard

• Bilbos Festgast
Imladris Troops Heavy Armour Design
« am: 14. Apr 2023, 03:19 »
Just a minor suggestion in regards to the heavy armour upgrade of the Imladris troops. This is just my opinion but I would love to hear what other people would think of this:

Currently, in their base form, they have the white armour we saw in An Unexpected Journey, but with Heavy Armour upgrade, their old amour gets a reskin into the iconic golden Noldorin armour we saw in the opening of the Fellowship of the Ring. However, I personally think that the white armour should be given to the standard Imladris troops after they get the Heavy Armour upgrade. While this seems like it follows the same concept as Age of the Ring team did for their Imladris troops, I feel it also emphasizes the major difference and the 3000 years that has passed between the Elven soldiers of the Last Alliance and the Imladirs troops of the War of the Ring era. It also follows the same concept as the Erebor Dwarves in Edain, that is their troops are visually different from the ones seen during Thror's reign.

Of course that doesn't mean that the iconic gold armour should be discarded or exclusive to the Veterans of the Last Alliance and the Wind Riders. The gold armour combined with their Third Age visuals (their current Heavy Armour visual) will be available with Training of the First Born. I personally feel it seems more fitting and makes more sense (lorewise and practicality wise) that they would have a sort of "updated" design based on the Last Alliance armour, rather than don the exact same gear from 3,000 years ago. I know we're talking about immortal Elves but this is just me and I feel like the white armour we saw in the first Hobbit movie is iconic in itself and deserves to be the standard heavy armour for the Imladris Elves during the War of the Ring. :D :D

For their light armour, I think they can follow the same style as the Gondor soldiers, and that they're wearing parts of the armour but will don their helmets and shoulder armour once they purchase the heavy armour upgrade. The major downside to this idea that I can see is that the iconic Last Alliance Elves will be exclusive only to the Last Alliance spell. But let me know if you guys prefer the current visual upgrades.