28. Mär 2024, 13:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Imladris Suggestions  (Gelesen 29208 mal)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
Re: Brief Imladris Suggestions
« Antwort #45 am: 25. Jan 2019, 21:17 »
I suggest to remove the ring from Cirdain's finger (visually)

This marine guy just doesn't respect the lore, not only that he wears the ring which shouldn't wear during the War of the ring period, but what's worse ... he wears it openly! xD

Ingame speaking, Elrond and Galadriel don't have such visual effect, although possess rings too.

Move Narya to Gandalf would be the next step, of course ...

... but that step would help me to make lanterns gift visually more unique ... :P

« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2019, 21:25 von Tiberius Ogden »

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #46 am: 27. Nov 2019, 16:42 »
I suggest making Imladris' Dunedain batallions to have 5 units instead of 10, keeping the same price and balancing their strenght as best as possible (considering flanking and other features).

This change would be better in terms of lore, as each single Dunedain would be stronger (and so they should, as they are from lines that survived through many years, most likely because they were very skilled fighters) and as there are not as many Dunedain in Middle-Earth during the War of the Ring as there were in the past.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
Re: Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #47 am: 27. Nov 2019, 16:53 »
In general I agree with you. The only problem I would see is the changed Impact cav would have on them. 10 men can slow down a cav unit double as fast as 5 men. So making them only 5 men would make dunedain weaker against cav.
But I don't think this would be too much of a problem.

So I'm in favor of your Suggestion :)

best regardes,
Seleulos I.

PS: Shouldn't this be in the Imladris board instead of te general one? ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #48 am: 27. Nov 2019, 17:05 »
Topic moved to Imladris Brief Suggestion Thread
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #49 am: 27. Nov 2019, 18:24 »
The question is, wouldn't changing the Dunedain into battalions of 5 make them very similar to the standard units?
Those are supposed to be extremely elite and small in number, and the Rangers are basically the "Spam" units to contrast them; bringing less strength individually but more numbers.

If we went by the lore, Imla wouldn't have an army at all, so I don't think battalions of 10 are too much for the Dunedain.
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #50 am: 27. Nov 2019, 20:01 »
If your concern is about having larger number of units to play, I understand your point. I personally go for Dunedain because they are a cheaper alternative of units, they may be produced faster, the outpost gives many advantages and they are cool.

About the battalion size, it is not supposed to represent an army size; if it were so, there would be no problem with Imladris, as in 4.5 an army of Imladris may have a maximum of 90-100 elves at best [(1500 cp : 90 cp for each battalion) x 5 + a few banner carriers], which is not a huge amount of Rivendell Elves. The battalion size represents the faction/race as a whole; for example, Lothlorien battalions have 10 units, I personally think that the remaining amount of Dunedain in Middle-Earth during the War of the Ring is closer in number to Imladris elves than to Lothlorien elves.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #51 am: 31. Jan 2020, 21:04 »
Shouldn't Rivendell soldiers (Imladris maethor) be called Imladris maethyr? Maethor means a soldier, singular, but maethyr is soldiers, plural. Imladris maethyr makes more sense

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #52 am: 31. Jan 2020, 21:11 »
I don't know any of the Elven languages except a few words, but online dictionaries agree with you. Good catch, thanks! We'll change that.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #53 am: 29. Jun 2020, 01:25 »
Couple of small suggestions:
 - Make Gildor's Scouting Ahead ability be able to be cast on all areas of the map instead of just areas that are castable (I'm not sure what the word is). Currently, it causes issues when on a tight map like South Lindon as large areas of the map can't have the ability used on it, heavily restricting the ability.
 - Arwen's heal should say in the description that it only affects allied heroes instead of just saying "allies". Currently it can be a little misleading.

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #54 am: 29. Jun 2020, 11:36 »
So I've just noticed that Imladris has fallen back into an odd lull in which one if it's enhanced upgrades (Forged Eregion Blades) is  actually available before the base upgrade (Forged Blades) are purchaseble as Imladris requires level 2 Forges to purchase it's upgrades. This also causes them to be redundant until the Library has purchased it's 3 initial studies.

Suggestion:
Have Basic Blacksmithing Studies Enable the Purchase of Forged Blades & Heavy Armour. This allows Imladris to purchase the upgrades corresponding to it's starting unit options and means Forges have a purpose prior to a leveled up Library (similar to Gondor's Marketplace), keeping Gold Tipped Arrows to a level 2 Forge, then having Advanced Studies enable the purchase of Eregion Blades / Arrows.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #55 am: 29. Jun 2020, 12:09 »
I agree.