19. Mär 2024, 11:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Imladris Suggestions  (Gelesen 29147 mal)

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
Re: Brief Imladris Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 29. Jan 2017, 13:59 »
cirdan is standing right next to them

Cogito, ergo sum

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 29. Jan 2017, 14:03 »
cirdan is standing right next to them

Okay but what about this ?

They give leadership to each other?

Edit : also when they are solo they have leadership somthing give them free leadership
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2017, 14:12 von Slawek56703 »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #17 am: 29. Jan 2017, 14:22 »
Don't they have a leadership effect that applies to them and to nearby archers?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 29. Jan 2017, 14:25 »
Don't they have a leadership effect that applies to them and to nearby archers?

It must beLindon Tower and this is picture of from new game i recruited them and automatically they have leadership

Thier leadership gives boost to nearby Archers and swordsman

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #19 am: 29. Jan 2017, 15:04 »
Please post this bug in the Gondor/Arnor bug thread as you are playing Arnor and not Imladris. For Imladris everything is working.

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #20 am: 28. Jun 2017, 03:04 »
Hi Company of Edain :D

After a lot of games with Imladris I am coming here with few technically suggestions, so

1. Could Erestor ability be on left screen side, like spell book powers? It could be a lot of easier to use it and see when it is up. As well we could bring him new portrait from Hobbit 1

2. Elrond lvl1 skill should be usable passively, and it should deal more damage, it is 2500 hero.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jun 2017, 16:29 von kreso »
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #21 am: 28. Jun 2017, 03:29 »
1. Could Erestor ability be on left screen side, like spell book powers? It could be a lot of easier to use it and see when it is up. As well we could bring him new portrait from Hobbit 1
2. Elrond lvl1 skill should be usable passively, and it should deal more damage, it is 2500 hero.

Hi Kreso ;)
1. Could be interesting and would make the power easier to handle for sure.
2. I agree to buff a bit the ability. I would increase also Vilya because it's not worth a level ten ability currently. I prefer it As active.

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #22 am: 28. Jun 2017, 03:57 »
Tnx for answer Aule

I think Elven rings should not be used for destructive stuffs. I think it is good as it is now, that ability pull enemy and Elronds aoe attacks kill them so if combine with Blade masters it is really op skill. Maybe give some small resistance to Elrond while casting it. I think he is bad duelist so some defensive stuff. He dies so fast before lvl5, it is hard to keep him alive. But after lvl5 he is monster. I usually use him and Ciridan (he is geting reworked :( )

I think there most be more passive things in Imladris, I cant use all abilities from 4 heroes, and every type of units, and Loremasters, and spell book, too hard to get perfect fight with Imladris, almost impossible to use everything (there is no time) in other way I like it because u most choose what will be best at that situation, but some thing are not used at all, like loremasters abilities, better use Arwen skill than lore masters to make enemy units flee I think there most be more diversity of skills. There are 3 skills for movements speed, swordman have thier own, Gildors song and Loremasters ability. So i use only advance there is no reason to chase or flank with pikes or with blademasters. So I only use advance no need for Gildors song or Loremasters. And there is 3-4 more things like that, that have same effect i dont like to have.

« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jun 2017, 04:02 von kreso »
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 28. Jun 2017, 14:29 »
It would be really difficult to have the water horses as a passive ability, because the feature is meant to acquire effectiveness in time, with the progression being shown by the amount of water horses that the hero summons (with a maximum of 5). Apart from this, I agree that damage could be enhanced a little bit. Bear nonetheless in mind that magic now is able to scale according to the level, while this was not possible in the past.

Speaking about Vilya, you can find tons and tons of words written on the matter, within the ample pages of the thread related to Elrond in this board. It is a kind of monograph about the character :D

There, we have extensively discussed the true nature of the Three Rings, which is in fact solely connected with restoration of beauty or healing, alongside providing people with possible suggestions on how to display this factor in game. Well, the compromise, suffered compromise, that we reached was eventually and successfully implemented in the 4.4 patch, together with the AUJ-inspired mount. That is, instead of conjuring a moveable whirl for offensive initiatives, the Lord of Imladris makes now usage of Vilya for his own defence, as a veil or shield of torrential wind. Only in this way could we save both the defensive approach of the Ring and its magical affinity with the air (which makes the player expect a quite impactful magical ability as the ultimate ability). A restoration spell as his last power would not have been very appealing for the leader of the faction, I suppose. A leader who is also the bearer of the mightiest of the Three.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 17. Okt 2017, 16:41 »
I was quite wary about this minor suggestion; I mean, I was quite doubtful whether I should post it in the internal forum or here. I have elected the latter. The new spellbook is now available and so should this proposal be subjected to the public in equal manner.

Well, the kernel of all is Gil-galad's soon-to-be special ability, related to siege as the prime focus, as for the other noble commanders of such extraordinary host. Personally, gameplay-wise, I don't have anything against it and the logic of the overhaul compels one to revolve around a siege-themed concept. I have nothing to say about it. Only, what makes me unsure of the said ability is its conceptual reference: Vilya. Not only does the mightiest of the Three Rings have little to do with offensive features (I would understand that, in a strict game-oriented context), but there are also some inconsistencies of particular note, referring to the lore which we always deem just judge and solid foundation of the Edain Mod. Vilya had in fact already been entrusted to the trustworthy government of our wise Elrond, prior to the grand battle at the Black Gate or in Mordor itself. Gil-galad knew well what would later befall and that the ultimate clash with Sauron could lead to his own definitive demise.

Furthermore, Vilya as a motive doesn't sound like a right choice, even if we solely consider gameplay. The Ring of Air is already represented and perfectly embodied by the leader of the faction, who uses its power to clothe himself with a defensive armour of winds and gusts. Having Vilya be present in another feature and in a totally different system would be too much redundant, as we're talking about a prime element for the faction, given the incredible evocative and magical potential of the artefact in the Elven lore. So, I have myself come up with what I think will be a worthy alternative, dealing with another item/artefact that won its proper place in the old tales of Middle-earth: Aeglos.

Aeglos is the legendary spear of Gil-galad, greatly feared by his enemies and considered nearly invincible. This blade is also mentioned in the very Silmarillion and totally fits in the offensive character of the ability, meant to portray the High King's fury when he tears buildings down. A concept that is thus more appropriate for the case and that is honestly more in tune with the Last Alliance lore; that is the chapter in which Tolkien narrates the weapon's existence. It would also be another bit of the ancient times that has the chance to be explored in the game, and differentiation, combined with the lore, is what the Edain Mod is all about 8-)

Aeglos, Lance of the Firmament: The High King of the Noldor unleashes the fury of his legendary spear in the targeted area, dealing high damage to anything of wood and stone.

Zitat
The host of Gil-galad and Elendil had the victory, for the might of the Elves was still great in those days, and the Númenóreans were strong and tall, and terrible in their wrath. Against Aeglos the spear of Gil-galad none could stand; and the sword of Elendil filled Orcs and Men with fear, for it shone with the light of the sun and of the moon, and it was named Narsil.
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Silmarillion: Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

In pretty much any medieval lay and epic composition, together with the ancient mythological poems of old literature, a great hero, of whom minstrels sing, is always accompanied by his/her own weapon and the very weapon acquires its own personality/story/connotation in the narration. Especially, in whatever tale that has battle as its main focus. Tolkien is therefore no exception. And Aeglos appears briefly in the prologue of LOTR too.

Hence, what dost thou say, gentle friend of the Edain kindred?

AYE

1. Walküre
2. OakenShield224
3. Julio229
4. AulëTheSmith
5. DrHouse93
6. NoldorSithLordsShipwrigh t
7. lordoflinks
8. Fredius
9. kreso
10. dkbluewizard

NAY
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Okt 2017, 00:57 von Walküre »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #25 am: 17. Okt 2017, 17:42 »
I like this idea of using Aeglos, one of the legendary weapons of Middle Earth. All of the Elven Rings had more passive effects (Narya bringing courage to people or Nenya protecting the borders of Lothlorien) so having Vilya be offensive doesn't really work as well.
What would the visual fx of the power be?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #26 am: 17. Okt 2017, 18:31 »
Exactly, none of the Three suits offensive features and Vilya has already been given its proper place in the game. As for graphics, I still need know which effects the ability is to be given, in the next Beta. Nevertheless, I guess it could be a generic rendition that deals damage to structures. If that's the case, it would be fine. The important thing is the conceptual reference.

If the Edain Team is willing to conceive a more specific effect, they could work on the very spear (glowing blade and akin things).

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #27 am: 17. Okt 2017, 19:04 »
I agree with the implementation of your concept, Walk! Count me in favour!

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #28 am: 17. Okt 2017, 20:43 »
I actually was thinking about the same thing when I read the news about the new spellbook: why do the team give such a role to Vilya? And, why do they keep two abilities for two different keepers but of the same ring? It could be redundant.
So, I deem the Aeglos alternative valid and interesting. I mean, he faces Sauron using it, it must be a legendary and not common weapon :)
count me in favour Walküre the wise poet :)
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Okt 2017, 22:04 von AulëTheSmith »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #29 am: 17. Okt 2017, 20:51 »
The unthinkable happened, Walk. We disagree about something. I'm against this proposal for several reasons: