28. Mär 2024, 16:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Balance Suggestions  (Gelesen 48212 mal)

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
Re: Imladris Balance Suggestions
« Antwort #45 am: 15. Jan 2017, 03:09 »
Lorien minstrels are not limited. Further a limitation should always be the ultima ratio. If you noticed, in edain only heroic units are limited to 3 units.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #46 am: 15. Jan 2017, 07:17 »
Lorien minstrels are not limited. Further a limitation should always be the ultima ratio. If you noticed, in edain only heroic units are limited to 3 units.

My mistake, but maybe this could be a compromise. Limiting to 3 loremasters would allow only 1 combination power that you would need to be strategic about.

I don't honestly even think that needs to happen because I don't consider lores OP to be honest.

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #47 am: 17. Jan 2017, 18:14 »
Sorry for the double post- but is there any talk of nerfing the defenses on the Dunedain outpost? Once you get the watch tower units get wrecked trying to take it down early. It just places so many archers on it that once it's up it's very hard to take down and can sort of defend itself.

Compared to Dale or Lake Town, it seems to be much stronger and protected with the tower.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #48 am: 17. Jan 2017, 19:21 »
Yeah, the watch tower is getting nerfed, that thing is just stupid^^

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #49 am: 17. Jan 2017, 19:25 »
It is silly how strong the outpost is. So much that it even amuses me whenever I see it ingame  :D

Cogito, ergo sum

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #50 am: 18. Mai 2017, 04:50 »
Hi guys
I played a lot of Imladris 1v1 and team games and I have few suggestions to make them more flexible and bring rest of Imladris troops to show up in games not only cavalry and swordman (+ Lindons and pikes):

1. Library cost reduced (600 or lesser)
2. Let Lore masters have their single skill available without upgrading it and instead of that upgrade get all structure lvl2
3. When you get available eregion upgrades by Library, to make eregion shields upgradeable, upgrade give armor against arrows and bonus hp.
4. Give Gildor little stats buff he is too weak compared to Dragulin
5. Dunedain outpost tower upgrade is too strong nerf that pls
6. Give leadership to Veterans  of Last Alliance, lvl1 fear resistance to nearby units. 10lvl debuff resistance to nearby units. 20lvl knockback resistance to nearby units.
Set their cost to 1400, and make them easier to lvl up.

reasons for this:
1. Library is mostly mid game structure it is hard to rush it early to make Imladris more flexible in early game to adjust their gameplan.
2. I never see Imladris archers in game, because they are hard to access and there are Lindons so no need for imladris archers. So this could bring archers more in Imladris gameplay. Same thing to Blademasters i usually use them against 15+ units regular horde they are good but later on in game. Maybe make them cost more but improve their stats to make them harder to access they could be really op in early game.
Lore masters are really not used a lot in EG and MG. This could bring them.
3. This is problem with horde with 5 units, they are so easily killed by archers because they are always easy to focus and if you lose one battalion of Imladris units that is really big loss, so make them harder to be killed and give player more time to react. When good player focus archer fire on one battalion they can be so fast killed even with armor upgraded, so give option to player to be more safe with their frontline.
4. Poor Gildor, yeah he have 1. lvl ability the best maybe Dragulin is better in scout role than him but that ability is really op but anyway he isnt just ward. Make him at least more useful at harassing troops.
5. Towers are really op in this patch I think there would be nerf for Dunedain camp too.
6. Veterans are not useful as they should be. Rivendel swordsmen are tanky elite units. That role is taken they are better than Veterans with all upgrades and more flexible.
I didnt see Veterans at 20 lvl and I think I would see them. They are LG units and if You are in lead you really dont need them if your are behind they will die as tanks and probably they will not win game for you. This skill who give more xp is really useless because you always keep your units alive as much as You can and they lvl up at 5lvl till you get Veterans. So Make them more easier to lvl up and give them leadership because Rivendel really sux when there are debuff to their armor. If opponent go for debuffs like Nazgul focus you really dont have choice how to play against. So with suggested leadership you will try to keep Veterans alive to get that lvl10 and counter that debuffs.

I think you made great job with advance strategy skills, they make Rivendel cavalry, Swordmen and Pikes really fun to play with and really flexible to counter every thing. So their spam prevents other units to show on, at least as counters.

Thanks for reading and I ask You for reply.
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Mai 2017, 05:01 von kreso »
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

kmogon

• "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #51 am: 12. Jun 2017, 13:29 »
I want to say something about relation between arrows and elves. From my experience I can conclude that imladris units are too vulnerable for arrows. I know that even with this weakness some players will say that imladris = op, so I don't want to change it drastically. This vulnerability hurts the most during siege when building deal too much damage to your troops. I though about two examples which can help in this problem:

1. Eregior armor
- it would decrease damage taken from range attacks by 15%

It would help imladris warriors to stay a little more time during siege. This upgrade shouldn't be too powerfull couse it could take away last weakness which elves have in late game.

2. Lore masters of light
- those lore masters does nearly 0 damage and has very short range but have passive skill which boosts armor of nearbly sodiers against range attack by 20%.

Truly I didn't see anybody who would play those lore masters. For me their current state needs rework becouse they don't deal enough damage to do some serious things like their other brothers. In my concept they would be probably more usable. Close range is needed to stay close to melee fightes. Bonus is bigger than in first cocept cuse lore masters would be still easy aim to take down by enemy.

I want you to share your feedback. Maybe I'm the only one who has problem with this.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 12. Jun 2017, 13:46 »
I want to say something about relation between arrows and elves. From my experience I can conclude that imladris units are too vulnerable for arrows. I know that even with this weakness some players will say that imladris = op, so I don't want to change it drastically. This vulnerability hurts the most during siege when building deal too much damage to your troops. I though about two examples which can help in this problem:

1. Eregior armor
- it would decrease damage taken from range attacks by 15%

It would help imladris warriors to stay a little more time during siege. This upgrade shouldn't be too powerfull couse it could take away last weakness which elves have in late game.

2. Lore masters of light
- those lore masters does nearly 0 damage and has very short range but have passive skill which boosts armor of nearbly sodiers against range attack by 20%.

Truly I didn't see anybody who would play those lore masters. For me their current state needs rework becouse they don't deal enough damage to do some serious things like their other brothers. In my concept they would be probably more usable. Close range is needed to stay close to melee fightes. Bonus is bigger than in first cocept cuse lore masters would be still easy aim to take down by enemy.

I want you to share your feedback. Maybe I'm the only one who has problem with this.

I will merge this thread of yours with the general thread that concerns Imladris balance. That is the proper place and many more people intervened there, thus increasing your chances to receive more and diverse on-topic responses :)

--- MERGED ---

kmogon

• "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #53 am: 12. Jun 2017, 14:18 »
Thanks the Walkürie, I always have problem when the suggestion is worth having its own topic  or when not  :P

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #54 am: 12. Jun 2017, 14:41 »
Never mind ;)

I would suggest common balance-related suggestions be forwarded in this specific typology of threads, which is present in all boards. Only in this way will it be easier to track each suggestion, avoiding fragmentation, and to gather people's answers. Balance is also a matter from which very wide-ranging discussions often originate, perhaps very different from the initial topic that started all. That's why I would personally reserve own threads for conceptual proposals, unless one is willing to present a much wide and structured proposal for balance, with the idea of revolutionising a certain aspect.

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #55 am: 12. Jun 2017, 14:53 »
What weakness should Imladris infantry have if not be little more vulnerable to archer damage (but only due to their small-bataillons not their stats )?
Their armor upgrade already helps them alot to counter this weakness, due to the fact that archer upgrades usually come later. Also they have an active ability to increase their armor.
Your suggested buff is already implemented through the passive ability of Lindon Archers. Above that they counter every standard archers due to being a heroic unit. Imladris also has cheap Dunedain Archers with good range und good cavalry to counter enemy archers.
So you see, that Imladris can "outplay" their weaknesses quite well.
I wont say nothing concerning the Lore-Masters bcs they will likely get an overhaul at some point.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #56 am: 6. Feb 2018, 11:58 »
I believe that the loremasters' default attacks should change from ranged to melee. Lore reasons aside, it would allow them to be much more vulnerable. It might encourage just keeping the loremasters at the back, but given how powerful those attacks can be (Stone does siege damage, Winds does knock-back, Light does a lot of damage that can potentially kill Ring Mode Sauron when focused down) that would be an improvement.

However, the abilities do need to be addressed still, given how, as several people have mentioned, it can become very easy to tie the enemy down, especially in large battles where one can recruit a lot of units (personally my preferred way to play).

I'm wondering if any of the loremaster abilities strictly need to be offensive in nature or if they can be reworked into a support function. Debuffing the enemy seems more of an Angmar tactic while supporting your own very elite troops feels more thematically aligned with Imladris.

Balance might also be helped if some of the abilities (the heal, for example) had their targetting functions adjusted from "wide area around the caster" to "moderate-large target area".

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #57 am: 4. Jun 2018, 20:09 »
Arwen's xp classification seems a bit off, she's part of the same class as scout heroes which leads her to level up insanely fast. Shouldn't she be part of the Weak_Warrior_Hero_Good?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #58 am: 4. Jun 2018, 20:13 »
Arwen's xp classification seems a bit off, she's part of the same class as scout heroes which leads her to level up insanely fast. Shouldn't she be part of the Weak_Warrior_Hero_Good?

That makes sense, I agree :P

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #59 am: 4. Jun 2018, 21:44 »
Already fixed for 4.5 ;)