28. Mär 2024, 09:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.4: General Feedback  (Gelesen 24095 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Edain 4.4: General Feedback
« am: 31. Jul 2016, 20:44 »
As always, we're eager to hear what you think of the version, which parts you like especially and which parts could use improvement!
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

nickgit

• Hobbit
Re: Edain 4.4: General Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Aug 2016, 01:49 »
Angmar needs to let the tributes wagons go throught the postern gate, ABSOLUTELY
(google translated)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Aug 2016, 09:45 »
Not possible. They will stuck inside of the postern gate.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Aug 2016, 22:19 »
I like the new dwarven ringhero system, but Dáin(Iron Hills) is really weak without his buildings. But his last ability, the giant fortress is very cool!
Thorin Oakenshield is perfect but his abilities have missing scripts.
The dwarf runes instead of the "Greed" palantir ability were a good choice. They are much more useful.

nickgit

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Aug 2016, 19:37 »
Not possible. They will stuck inside of the postern gate.
but in the previously release they could pass trought, and at least for me they didn't never stuck inside postern gate

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Aug 2016, 19:47 »
I can partially back up nickgit's claim. I had some games in the older iterations where every tribute cart flawlessly passed through the postern gates, but a couple of times where they got stuck on top of the walls. I think it would be a neat buff to Angmar to be reenable such a feature again. Perhaps the entity of the Tribute Cart can be tweaked or the Postern Gate itself to allow for the passage of said tribute cart without them getting stuck? It would be lovely and a quality of life change for sure.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Aug 2016, 16:03 »
This is more related to the mod in general than to 4.4, but I have to say Mordor feels like the most balanced faction in general! The troll changes have made them perfect for me, because now I feel like they are totally balanced, as you can't  make a Troll rush but they aren't underused! The only thing I think is still a little underused in Mordor is Mollok, I feel like he dies so fast for his price.

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 13. Sep 2016, 13:17 »
I cant use postern gate with any faction, and the missions i dont particularly understand.

Also, the english needs to be finer. I already PMd Elendril and said I would be more than happy to be the edain team's "English Guy".

Anyway cheers and great job with the mod
"Life is so beautiful" - V

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 13. Sep 2016, 14:03 »
Also, the english needs to be finer. I already PMd Elendril and said I would be more than happy to be the edain team's "English Guy".

Hi Thingol. It's really positive to see such energy and determination of yours, but, if I may ask, what skills do you have that might make you a valuable member of the Edain Team?

Also, not to break your hopes so abruptly, but I find this possibility quite unlikely: all the members of the Edain Team are from Germany and Austria, and speaking German is thus one of the mandatory requirements to be actively part of the group; not to mention the modding skills needed. In addition, regarding the English language, there surely are still some minor flaws (the English version is an innovation itself of the new Edain 4.0), but I honestly think it's currently really well-made and accurate.

I can also assure you that the language-issue is always held in high priority and taken care of very seriously. One of the member of the English Betatesting Team is exactly an English native speaker and he therefore provides his pivotal contribution to these matters alongside testing. Beta Testers are not members of the Edain Team, but they help the developers in many ways and in different fields (language included); as a sort of minor internal Team.

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Sep 2016, 18:06 »

Hi Thingol. It's really positive to see such energy and determination of yours, but, if I may ask, what skills do you have that might make you a valuable member of the Edain Team?

Also, not to break your hopes so abruptly, but I find this possibility quite unlikely: all the members of the Edain Team are from Germany and Austria, and speaking German is thus one of the mandatory requirements to be actively part of the group; not to mention the modding skills needed. In addition, regarding the English language, there surely are still some minor flaws (the English version is an innovation itself of the new Edain 4.0), but I honestly think it's currently really well-made and accurate.

I can also assure you that the language-issue is always held in high priority and taken care of very seriously. One of the member of the English Betatesting Team is exactly an English native speaker and he therefore provides his pivotal contribution to these matters alongside testing. Beta Testers are not members of the Edain Team, but they help the developers in many ways and in different fields (language included); as a sort of minor internal Team.

I'm a writer. No, I don't understand German, but you all understand English. I can also very easily mimick Tolkien's style.

No I'm not a modder. But, I can really take the language to new heights if you let me.

I'd work something like this, rewrite everything in 4.4.2 that could be rewritten. And then send it to you. For new material, just half-ass the translation so I know what you're talking about, and I'll take it from there. I also know a lot about the lore (you could say I'm Noldorin) so I can also help in that regard.

I also love the game.

I understand if you don't want my help, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I think that I'd be a good addition to the team. And of course I could send you a few drafts and if you don't like them, well, no harm done!

All the love,

Trained_Thingol.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Sep 2016, 19:58 »
Don't misunderstand my words, Thingol. I have no power or authority to determine whether one be useful or not as a member of the Edain Team. I just wanted to give you a more accurate insight, as I am a member of the internal forum: as far as I know, knowing the German language quite well is the main requirement for applying to join them (not to mention the modding skills needed). The kind of support you are referring to is similar to the voluntary duty of Beta Testers or Moderators as me; we certainly help the Edain Team too and we have access to more information, but we are not a part of it. There are also other supporters that gave their contribution in regards of other matters (graphics, tournaments and other initiatives). This is, so far, the extraordinary support that the English Community managed to provide to the developers, without the need of a new English arrival in their team.

I'm not at all questioning your skills in wording; I'm instead assuring you that the language-issue is always looked at with great care, and we have an English native speaker (and Beta Tester) gently volunteering to the cause. I thus don't deem it wise to embark on what seems more a stylistic overhaul rather than one involving the actual accuracy and effectiveness of the translation. In addition, I also doubt that a sophisticated touch will benefit the very game (for information must be understood clearly by players, focusing on being direct and not excessively complicated, even if you're moved by the best intentions).

Said that, you are more than free to send your work to me or others of the Edain staff, if you really desire to share your talent. By the way, no one denies you the possibility to express your interest in narrative activities in a proper way: I am the leader of the English RPG Team, that watches over the development of the newly established English RPG section of Modding Union. If you're willing to participate in the process, may I just invite you there (you can find the link in my forum signature). I'm sure the other members of my team will be very glad to see more people visiting that space, meant exactly to gather users with a profound interest in Tolkien-related writing  ;)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #11 am: 23. Sep 2016, 19:55 »
Don't know if this is the proper section, but in your opinion, which Dwarven Realm is better against which faction?

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 23. Sep 2016, 23:51 »
I didn't mean to sound aggressive, sorry if I did!

Sure I'd love to help.

All the love.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #13 am: 24. Sep 2016, 00:09 »
Don't know if this is the proper section, but in your opinion, which Dwarven Realm is better against which faction?
Ered Luin, against everyone
Maybe, MAYBE Erebor vs Imladris

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 24. Sep 2016, 00:21 »
I didn't mean to sound aggressive, sorry if I did!

Don't worry, you didn't sound aggressive at all. I just wanted to give you a more exhaustive explanation and clarify my words in case they had been misunderstood as an official response of the Edain Team. Answering questions is one of my duties and I fully enjoy it  ;)

I'm looking forward to having you within our RPG ranks too. Thank you for your interest in the project.

I guess the general balance thread of the Dwarven board will do very fine  :)