28. Mär 2024, 22:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.4: Imladris Feedback  (Gelesen 16953 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Edain 4.4: Imladris Feedback
« am: 31. Jul 2016, 20:44 »
The Elves of Rivendell have arrived! Let us know how you're enjoying the new faction!
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Edain 4.4: Imladris Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Aug 2016, 02:36 »
So far, Imladris is amazing! I almost have no problems with this faction: The system is awesome, the units are great... I love how you have fewer units than the rest of the factions, but they are so much better than then!

My only nitpick is that I don't feel the Summon Eagles power should be in three factions at a time, but for the rest, you have done quite an awesome job, as I expected!

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Aug 2016, 02:44 »
We actually agree with you on the Eagles, one of the next versions will focus on crafting generally more unique and strategic spellbooks for the factions. At the moment, there are certain things like flying units, weather spells and land spells that we feel are a bit too common and maybe shouldn't feature in that many factions.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Aug 2016, 02:53 »
That's great to know! I don't have much of  a problem with land and weather spells, because each faction has their own (If I recall correctly), but if there's going to be more variety, I totally agree with changing some of them.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Aug 2016, 14:37 »
That's great to know! I don't have much of  a problem with land and weather spells, because each faction has their own (If I recall correctly), but if there's going to be more variety, I totally agree with changing some of them.

Yes, most of the factions already have unique concepts, but there are still some spells that currently either lack a bit of originality or need to be overhauled completely. The premises for a general rethinking of the whole spellbook structure are very promising though; I'm sure the next updates will give a clear answer in the future  :)

There has been recently a very interesting debate about spellbook improvements and new proposals (we exhaustively dealt with the Eagles and there is also a poll to vote for). Therefore, may I promptly redirect you to that thread.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Aug 2016, 14:44 »
Uniqueness is the thing I like most about this wonderful mod! Can't wait to see the next updates!

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Aug 2016, 15:57 »
Lore masters and blade masters seem to be a bit of a problem

Lore master need to have a limit or be toned down a lot because they are ridiculous right now

And blade masters similarly to the carn dum pikes passive doesn't work properly, they cause splash damage on everything

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 1. Aug 2016, 20:42 »
Lore masters and blade masters seem to be a bit of a problem

Lore master need to have a limit or be toned down a lot because they are ridiculous right now

And blade masters similarly to the carn dum pikes passive doesn't work properly, they cause splash damage on everything

Yeah I tried a lore master spam and the Ai had no chances, with some of them knocking back the troops and stuff. But it is highly enjoyable :D

nickgit

• Hobbit
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Aug 2016, 01:45 »
The Rivendell Swordsmen are absolutely op, i tried to defeat Imladris with Angmar and the wolfs from Dire Wolf Kennel Expansion were shotted from them, even the structures being destroyed with only a few hit

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 5. Aug 2016, 13:50 »
Well, the little wolves from the expansion are weak in general. I think Imladris is the most balanced faction. Incredible strength, but high cost and very few soldiers per battailon. Against the swordsmen, I often use a combination of archers or other missile troups and cavalry to knock them down again and again to avoid thier devastating meleeattack.
And Angmar has also another trump: The Carn-Dûm Swordsmen who have an ability which increases drastically their damage against elite and hero units.(All Imladris units from the casern and the stables ARE classified as elite or hero unit)
Greetings
Maraeilon
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Aug 2016, 13:53 von Maraelion »

Augustin99

• Hobbit
  • Gondor has no king!
« Antwort #10 am: 5. Sep 2016, 12:08 »
Imladris has become my favorite faction! I have only been playing it, trying different tactics. I have found that building quick cavalry at the beginning to take map control and gather spellbook points. Then play a more defensive game, not trying to push too much, to enable yourself to build a solid army. I do find the siege a little weak, but I am happy that you can access siege in their special outpost Dunedain. The only little problem that i have is that I find the spellbook a little weak. The Last Alliance spell from the spellbook is way too weak for me for a 10 points spell. I think if the Last Alliance spell would have a boost, then Imladris would be both fun and fair.

Augustin99, Lord of the White Hand of Saruman

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #11 am: 5. Sep 2016, 14:38 »
The Last Alliance spell from the spellbook is way too weak for me for a 10 points spell.

Not really. Some additional heroes (already powerful and capable of using abillities) and extremely strong soldiers.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #12 am: 5. Sep 2016, 14:41 »
I think he means to say that its duration is rather short, compared to, for example, the ''Isengard Unleashed'' spell. If that is the case, I agree with him. It's duration could be increased a small bit, in my opinion. The rest is perfectly fine.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #13 am: 5. Sep 2016, 19:33 »
I think he means to say that its duration is rather short, compared to, for example, the ''Isengard Unleashed'' spell. If that is the case, I agree with him. It's duration could be increased a small bit, in my opinion.

Oh yep. I checked the duration once more and now I agree with you. It's a blink of an eye in comparison with "Isengard Unleashed"

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 13. Sep 2016, 13:14 »
My favorite faction. I really don't like spamming units, my game style is very much suited to sieges. in that way imladris really plays like a siege map, units are hard to kill and expensive, meaning you dont need many of them and you can conversely get other upgrades/heroes etc etc.

maybe make the lindon watchtowers more... useful? I mean low health and low attack.

but that's about it. everything else perfectly fine.
"Life is so beautiful" - V