28. Mär 2024, 10:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Defeat after 20 seconds!  (Gelesen 4261 mal)

Chronox

• Hobbit
Defeat after 20 seconds!
« am: 3. Aug 2016, 20:52 »
Every game I get into I get defeated almost automatically no matter what. This is obviously not allowing me to play Edain at all, any suggestions or fixes?

Note that this isn't after 3 minutes and 30 seconds. This is right away when i get in the game, and. In fact it actually makes all the AI get defeated right away. Therefore giving me victory.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Aug 2016, 21:00 von Chronox »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Defeat after 20 seconds!
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Aug 2016, 23:12 »
The problem is the same when Edain Mod is desactivate ?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Aug 2016, 23:37 »
Sadly, that auto defeat is the copy protection of EA Games. You have to play the game in legal ways, means with your original cd.

Chronox

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Aug 2016, 00:07 »
Ok I figured it out. First off it wasn't EA's copy protection as this wasn't an auto defeat after 3 minutes. But, an auto victory right when you started.

Now the reason I'm getting is because I installed a mod that increases the camera height. The reason Is because I play in 1440p resolution and the game is unplayable at that resolution with the default camera height.

Here is the mod.

https://forums.revora.net/topic/99145-the-complete-rotwk-widescreen-forcemod-mappack-ea-hawkeye/

The mod itself works and the camera height does increase (Making it awesomely playable) Though when you put the files into the directory (aka installing the mod). It gives you the Auto victory or well auto defeats all the AI at the beginning of the game.

So I'm fine not installing that mod to fix it, but. Is there anyway to increase the camera height so it's not unplayable?

Also I've tried doing it via worldbuilder, but. It still didn't work and kept resetting the camera height. Like I'd set it at (example) 900 from 300, but would only go to 350 for some reason. (As I checked in Worldbuilder after testing ingame). So that didn't work.

So is the Camera going to be fixed? Because I can't play at a 1024 x 800 as it messes up the screen and makes it way to blurry. As my native monitor is 1440p.