23. Apr 2024, 16:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Does Durin deserve to remain part of the Edain Mod?

Yes, he's an iconic mythical figure and he deserves to remain part of the Edain Mod
No, he doesn't have any place left in the Edain Mod after the overhaul of the Dwarven Ring system

Autor Thema: Durin's fate in the Edain Mod  (Gelesen 42292 mal)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Durin's fate in the Edain Mod
« Antwort #120 am: 1. Sep 2017, 14:14 »
I have to say thank you very much guys to all of you for your compliments, really :)
He took me some time to organize the work, but finally it becomes good as i wanted :) .
Trapper: is very good to hear the opinion of an internal member too, thank you! ;)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #121 am: 1. Sep 2017, 15:22 »
OK, truth be told: I really like this concept of Isildurs Fluch!
Certainly more interesting as the generic ring system, so I'm all for it, eventhough I don't really know the current system. (I'm making my comment on the assumption that the Ring just transforms the faction leader into a slightly different faction leader.)
However, I'd like to point out that Thorin's system sounds like just an improvement, since who the hell cares about Esgaroth, especially in the LG and in 4.5 when only dwarven units get the +15%/+15% buff for having upgrades, whereas Dain Ironfoot actually looks crippling to the dwarves, since higher upgrade costs should massively outweigh fast recruitment. For an semi-elite faction like the dwarves recruiting units faster sounds like planning for failure. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Fancy Lad School

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #122 am: 1. Sep 2017, 15:33 »
True, I personally never felt the need for faster unit production because the dwarfes dont have a huge amount of buildings so there is nearly always space for 2 halls of warriors

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #123 am: 3. Sep 2017, 19:01 »

Very impressive. The way you presented this proposal so clearly and succinctly is indicative of a great community member, Aulë!

Still I want to leave my own concept that I promised a few weeks back. Only this week I have had to space in my mind to come up with the ideas. I am glad to see you have yourself incorporated the journey to Khazad-Dum as a necessary element in the Ring hero's progression. I cannot compete with the background you have written so I will only build up on it.

I would be very happy to hear your thoughts and criticism on this concept, and I will further elaborate when asked. Feel free to share any adjustments in terms of balance, gameplay, or contradicting concepts.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #124 am: 4. Sep 2017, 14:12 »
Hi Garlodur :) I'm glad you finally post your ideas about tasks system  :)
First of all, a thing i can affirm without hesitation: Durin's Day idea is the best i heard so far to bring it back, it matches perfectly with our concept. Absolutely agree with it!!  xD xD I will certanily include it in the concept. I'm sure many in the community would love to see its return as well ;)

Don't be afraid about competition: first of all i'm not so expert in lore (i spent cosiderable time looking for the right information  [ugly]), i've still a lot to discover, and it is always a pleasure to learn something new. And is the right place to do it here in the forum :) I hope you've not understand my last answer as an offense few weeks ago, i was only trying to demostrate you the validity of the ideas behind the concept, i hope i convince you a more ;).

About the core of the concept: i was busy as well looking for a possible way to clearly distinguish the two phases of Durin (pre- and post- travel for Khazad Dum), with some new starting abilites outside the original ones. But sadly i found nothing that satisfy me, all sounded out of place or too much complicated. That’s why i finally i’ve chosen the current system i showed which is pretty compact. I wrote a note about Khazad Dum veterans, i know maybe it is too much, so that we can get rid of the travelling troops , thinking that they stay in khazad-dum to recolonize it  :).
I cannot say i don’t like your ideas because the rune system could be useful at the start, especially the Adoration one. Also they are more fitting than mine when i faced this issue. Anyhow, i’m gonna ask you the same question i made to myself when i got to the point of double form of Durin: do you think is really necessary to further complicate the concept in name of balance? I mean if you think about the old Durin, it was simply summoned as it is, with the full power. I think we improved this point with our new concept, partially avoiding overpowering at the start (also HP and melee statistics are weaker at the start: less damage,less life and no knockback system).
A change of the first level ability is a a good idea and makes sense: before the travel shorter time of surviving after lifebar is spent, longer when he returns from Moria. But without liking it to any task in my opinon.
Specifically about runes (which is an argument that has always intrigued me): are you sure your system would not go in conflict with the current rune-set from spellbook? What is the number of runes you can apply to a single building?
I  want to know your opinion about the issue of trade-off between balance and complexity. For Thorin and Lord Dain you have to wait the answer of Isildur for a detailed explanation  ;)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #125 am: 5. Sep 2017, 11:07 »
Thanks, Aulë. No hard feelings. I like the critical attitude that you exhume in this topic, as fit for the initiator of the idea.

I cannot say i don’t like your ideas because the rune system could be useful at the start, especially the Adoration one. Also they are more fitting than mine when i faced this issue. Anyhow, i’m gonna ask you the same question i made to myself when i got to the point of double form of Durin: do you think is really necessary to further complicate the concept in name of balance? I mean if you think about the old Durin, it was simply summoned as it is, with the full power. I think we improved this point with our new concept, partially avoiding overpowering at the start (also HP and melee statistics are weaker at the start: less damage,less life and no knockback system).
A change of the first level ability is a a good idea and makes sense: before the travel shorter time of surviving after lifebar is spent, longer when he returns from Moria. But without liking it to any task in my opinon.

I am very glad you ask. I put my mind to making a simple to understand concept that indeed would not cost too much energy to put into gameplay. Whether it is worthwhile is another question, but I think that largely depends on how much of a difference it makes to also have the first form of Durin implemented in the player's strategy. This depends largely on the effects and strengths of the runes, as these will be his only abilities.
Furthermore I believe that I made a fair balance in trade-off between the two forms, making it such that the second form can always be bought if people do not require any special support from the runes.

Zitat
Specifically about runes (which is an argument that has always intrigued me): are you sure your system would not go in conflict with the current rune-set from spellbook? What is the number of runes you can apply to a single building?

Well, that was part of the struggle in creating this concept. In the first place it's well understood that the runes are unique to the Dwarves, which made me conclude that the mightiest ancestor of all Seven Houses must have had great experience in using them. This is obviously a type of magic that is already implicit in some of his former abilities, yet I felt the need to make his knowledge of rune magic more explicit in gameplay. I tried to work around the effects that the current runes (or the future ones) do not yet cover. Indeed most are in the line of buffing buildings and troops, but  this is expected from the epitome of Dwarven existence  ;) Therefore I believe it fair to have similar runes as proposed to further strengthen the Dwarves, and give Durin a little more unique concept in having a roster of runes to support with.

I hope this clears things up a bit. It is simply my reasoning behind the question you posed regarding the trade-off of balance and complexity. I would like to hear the opinion of others whether they would deem this proposed system worthwhile.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #126 am: 9. Sep 2017, 12:25 »
Sorry for the late answer, Garlodur  :)
I think your concept is anyhow a good idea, and i've understand your reasoning on the matter of trade-off/balance. As i just wrote in the previous comment, i've tried to think about a pre-form of Durin during the development of the concept, but without success.
Your concept instead could be a good starting point to discuss the initial form of Durin.

Zitat
Furthermore I believe that I made a fair balance in trade-off between the two forms, making it such that the second form can always be bought if people do not require any special support from the runes.

In fact it is true, in this sense is similar to mine, such that you can undertake the travel whenever you want, only there are some constrains in time and cost.
 As for me, i like very much every element in the mod which can enrich the lore and the play-style of the character, and a rune-system for Durin is a fitting idea.
I'd like to know the thougths of the players and members of the community too, if they deem a more complicated system feasible for the starting form, given that both mine and Garlodur's ideas are meant to improve the balance of the concept.

Besides game-related matters and lore, don't forget that a more complicated system means more work for the team; and it seems not a good moment for extra-work  [ugly].
At least, about this matter, the Garlodur's system doesn't cross graphical (only in a small part) or modelling fields, which are the current most delicate issues for the team as i know.

P.S.: just for curiosity, have we converted some of the "unfaithfuls" who vote against the return of Durin since the beginnig of this thread thanks ot our concept :D :D? JUst asking for joke of course  ;)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #127 am: 16. Okt 2017, 07:18 »
I say we take a for and against pole. I for one am for Durin VII (aka Durin) returning to Edain mod. It is time for him to awaken again from his slumber.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #128 am: 23. Okt 2017, 12:01 »
I support your proposal AulëTheSmith. :) This probably can be a significant element for dwarves. The only thing that I have a question for the fifth ability of Durin - The ability of mass destruction of enemies, probably not the best idea for gnomes, (this in my opinion). xD

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #129 am: 23. Okt 2017, 21:03 »
I support your proposal AulëTheSmith. :) This probably can be a significant element for dwarves. The only thing that I have a question for the fifth ability of Durin - The ability of mass destruction of enemies, probably not the best idea for gnomes, (this in my opinion). xD

Thank you very much for your support Dain@ Lord of the Iron Hills :)
About the ability: if you rember, it is the same of the old version of Durin The Deathless. I personally find it quite cool and fitting. Its reference to the powerful forge of Mahal the Maker, father of the dwarves, smith of the Valar is very evocative :)

kingsjewel

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #130 am: 22. Nov 2017, 19:14 »
Sadly I´m competely inexperienced concerning picture-processing programms and therefore not able to upvalue my concept through suitable palantir-pictures for the abbilities. So if anyone who likes the concept and takes delight in this kind of work would help me with that I would be very thankfull and mention his work of course in the concept... ;)

I hope you like my ideas and am open for critique. I know I changed the system radically, but found this necessary to make it more interesting.
Yours sincerely
Isildurs Bane

In Favor:
1. kingsjewel

Sorry for the late answer, just I've noticed this. I hope these will be helpful:
1. Dragon Illness/sickness:

3. Dwarves first!:

6. Defend our treasure!:

10. Gleam of the Arkenstone:

kingsjewel

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #131 am: 22. Nov 2017, 20:08 »
And there is my cutted Thorin sounds from BOTFA. It includes a few dragon sickness line. I cutted them for AotR team, but you can also use it, if you want.
https://soundcloud.com/user-472851655/sets/thorin-botfa-sounds
https://mega.nz/#F!xq4GSDZA!ezB4j9zLGllY0Qm0xElxog

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #132 am: 23. Nov 2017, 17:57 »
I think one of these images better suit Dragon Sickness ability:

kingsjewel

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #133 am: 24. Nov 2017, 09:17 »

Really better (personally I prefer the first)  :)
And what is your opinion about the 'Dwarves first!'? I hadn't any idea, what picture would fit with it, finally I chose a simple angry Thorin screenshot.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #134 am: 24. Nov 2017, 12:57 »

Really better (personally I prefer the first)  :)
And what is your opinion about the 'Dwarves first!'? I hadn't any idea, what picture would fit with it, finally I chose a simple angry Thorin screenshot.
Dwarves first could remain the same. It's nice but I think that it could/should show thorin with some dwarves so again i have 2 suggestions.