29. Mär 2024, 00:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Does Durin deserve to remain part of the Edain Mod?

Yes, he's an iconic mythical figure and he deserves to remain part of the Edain Mod
No, he doesn't have any place left in the Edain Mod after the overhaul of the Dwarven Ring system

Autor Thema: Durin's fate in the Edain Mod  (Gelesen 41343 mal)

kingsjewel

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Durin's fate in the Edain Mod
« Antwort #135 am: 24. Nov 2017, 14:14 »
And this? Just because he is in his royal armour as in his ring hero form.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #136 am: 25. Nov 2017, 10:37 »
Yea this could suit as well.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #137 am: 12. Mär 2018, 11:41 »
Hello fans of Durin, for whoever is interested in it i updated the concept of Durin with the last version i made some months ago. It comprises a new rune task system developed by Garlodur. Moreover i took myself the liberty to use an image found here on the forum for the palantir of "Heritage of the Ancestor" that i like a lot. It has been crafted by CragLord. I report also the link to his post because it contains some other interesting ideas:

https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31517.msg429679.html#msg429679

Here below the new version of Durin VII (you can find the old post, now updated, also via my signature):

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #138 am: 12. Mär 2018, 12:28 »
As always, amazing concept, Aulë!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #139 am: 12. Mär 2018, 12:36 »
I have to say, not only am I a huge fan of the idea but rarely have I seen a proposal so well crafted. It is, by some dark magic, both exhaustive in explanations and extremely snackable. Truly, all your laboring bears magnificent fruits. The rune system is reminiscent of the the Hero Submod, something that would fit perfectly into a Ring Hero and the lore has been carefully observed. I suppose this with all my heart, and hope the Edain Team hears you.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #140 am: 12. Mär 2018, 13:31 »
As always, amazing concept, Aulë!

Thank you very much Julio!  :)

I have to say, not only am I a huge fan of the idea but rarely have I seen a proposal so well crafted. It is, by some dark magic, both exhaustive in explanations and extremely snackable. Truly, all your laboring bears magnificent fruits. The rune system is reminiscent of the the Hero Submod, something that would fit perfectly into a Ring Hero and the lore has been carefully observed. I suppose this with all my heart, and hope the Edain Team hears you.

I'm happy to hear your opinion too, Necro, really  :) Thank you very much for your praises  xD
The rune system is an idea of Garlodur while dkbluewizard helped me about lore and he invented the fictional story. I especially cared about the concept in game and all of the graphic stuff (pictures, round palantirs). I'm really satisfied about the final result.
As i remember Trapper gave us a positive feedback, so at least i have one member at my side  :D :D But, jokes apart, i hope the basic ideas will not pass unobserved  :)
There are some other important aspects of the whole Dwarves Ring system in my opinion that require a discussion, such as Lord Dain.
And all could be finally matched with Durin VII. But let's face up one issue at time  xD

P.s.: if you want, you can leave your feedback about my concept of Smaug. The link is  easily available on my signature :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Mär 2018, 14:36 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #141 am: 12. Mär 2018, 14:08 »
It is simply amazing, indeed. No other words needed.

Let me just thank you for your true dedication and will to better the Edain Mod for the good, as I think that each of us does strive, at the end of the day, to achieve this goal and to envision multiple alternatives for the smartest kind of changes. Your endeavour is clearly apparent and I'm undoubtedly certain that your coming here, Aulë, was verily a blessing for the English forum: a passionate type of involved users whom we had not seen around our boards for quite a time.

Regarding the concept itself, in the same manner as proposals like Narya or Smaug, you have my authorisation to open an own thread for the specific suggestion, so that it will be much easier for all to gather feedback. I deem it the best solution. Good luck ;)

In case you were in need of something, do not hesitate to ask.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #142 am: 12. Mär 2018, 15:28 »
It is simply amazing, indeed. No other words needed.

Let me just thank you for your true dedication and will to better the Edain Mod for the good, as I think that each of us does strive, at the end of the day, to achieve this goal and to envision multiple alternatives for the smartest kind of changes. Your endeavour is clearly apparent and I'm undoubtedly certain that your coming here, Aulë, was verily a blessing for the English forum: a passionate type of involved users whom we had not seen around our boards for quite a time.

Regarding the concept itself, in the same manner as proposals like Narya or Smaug, you have my authorisation to open an own thread for the specific suggestion, so that it will be much easier for all to gather feedback. I deem it the best solution. Good luck ;)

In case you were in need of something, do not hesitate to ask.

And i thank you gentle Walküre for your kind words  :). Remember that if it wasn't for you, showing me the way inviting me here on MU almost one year ago , i'd never craft any of these ideas :) Also you helped me in different occasions,so again i thank you very much :)
Yeah i want definely to open a new thread, it's time for Durin VII to have his own spot.
In a secondary moment i'll approach the matter of Dain himself too.
I'll ask you for everything in case of need  :)