28. Mär 2024, 15:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Thanks to Everyone!  (Gelesen 3871 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Thanks to Everyone!
« am: 14. Aug 2016, 23:56 »
I just want to say a massive thanks to everybody who watched and participated! I think the Ultimate Skill Cup was a success, even if we were plagued by technical issues. The winner of the tournament is GoodFella, after many hard fought victories! I know he's going to be a great addition to the beta tester team, and he will help significantly with balancing issues in the game. Praise him with great praise!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yv5twsXOSw

Again, thanks to everyone who came out for our tournament, and I hope we'll see you again in future!
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Thanks to Everyone!
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Aug 2016, 11:03 »
I am sorry but I have to tell you honestly the whole CUP was a desaster! :-| :-| :-|

It started with the first day: My game was scheduled I think around 22 pm German time and I finally got to play around 1:30am...

The most ridicoulos part was the final. you postponed the semi finals by 1 full day.
Then I beat you in the semifinals and was the rightful opponent of Goodfella. And just because I had an appointment at the doctor's office I had to go to bed early.
Instead of shifting the final (just like you shifted almost every other game) you decided some random Edain player to play the final for me?!?!?!  :-| :-| :-| :-|

Shouldn't at least I be in charge to choose somone who represents me in the final?

GoodFella is a good player but it makes no sense, that he earns the beta for playing a final against someone wo won 0 (zero) matches in  the whole cup...

angry and disappointed greetings
Idrial  :-|
Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:05 »
Your not telling the full story here Idrial, and it would be far better to take this up with me in PMs rather than making a public problem about it. I did the best I could to meet the scheduling needs of everybody, but we had some technical difficulties which we couldn't have predicted, and some of the scheduling got messed up. Additionally, you brought up the semi finals, DevilsDaemon had an issue IRL that we had NO ability to predict or schedule around, so we had to move it to the Sunday.

Finally, regarding your actual matches with GoodFella, I asked you inside the gameranger lobby if there was anybody you would like to fill in for you, informed you we would not be waiting a full week to play your game, as we are unable to do it weekedays, and finally I asked you to tell me of a preferred fill in player. You refused to answer me, and so I did the best I could with what I had at hand. If you were so worried about it, could you not have just stayed up an extra hour to play your games with GoodFella? 2 players of your caliber would have made the games go quick.

I apologize, but it was either Python play and fill in for you, or we have you forfeit for a no-show on your game, and GoodFella win by default. Which would you have preferred?

I'm asking DieWalkure to delete both of our posts on this thread, if you want to continue talking about this do so in PMs.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:24 »
DieWalküre should not delete our posts! I am pretty sure I am not the only one who is not satisfied with this tournament and its ending! And also the Edain Admins should actually at least know about what you did!

In fact it is stupid to let someone else playing games this is not trial by combat from Game of Thrones! nobody needs to nominate a champion...

I do not get it why it is okay to postpone the tournament when you or devil have problems. And when I, a final participant, have a problem a random edain player plays a FINAL!

you could have easily played a match for the 3rd place to entertain the folks...

I highly recommend that this matter will be solved by an neutral person and not by someone who hosted the CUP and is angry just because he lost against the player which was discriminate in the final...

Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

Caun

• Rohirrim
  • Come on! Shoot faster! Just a little bit of energy
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:46 »
Heyho ! :)

I have followed the whole tournament and yeah the organization was not the best.

For me as a viewer i never know when someone play and when a particular match is.
Next time you should post a schedule with times and i hear that even the players never know when they must play and have to watch the whole stream the wohle weekend :S

Also you should do teststreams before the tournament starts. I think you had 2 months to do that.. The stream quality and stream problems were annoying :(

And now the topic Idrial.
The whole tournament was set on last the weekend (6/7th) and then because you didnt achieve to finish it you extended the tournament on this weekend, but the players only have planned with the last weekend.  Do you asked the players if its okay for them ?

And then you delayed the finals one hour before it starts for a day.
I think you know that not everbody has always time to play.

I would say its not Idrials fault if you extend and delay the tournament.

and sry but : I dislike the idea that somebody else can play for idrial, then disqualify her or can Mogat plays all my matches in the next tournament and at the end i am the winner ?

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:52 »
Shouldn't at least I be in charge to choose somone who represents me in the final?

I had no part in the tournament, but this sentence stuck out to me while reading the thread. Was there no communication with the players about matters of importance like this one? What Caun said about replacing a player and then getting that player disqualified also seems a strange decision to me.

I do not think the posts in this thread should be deleted. As someone who literally just read about all this this morning I think it is important that communication is very important, even when it is done in a public way like this.
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:53 »
Elite has organised the Cup in the first place and opened this very thread. He legitimately has the right to ask Moderators to keep order and have his threads closed (even if Moderators don't need such permission anyway).

Giving constructive criticism and going too much private in complaining are two distinct things. And I have the duty to ensure that the latter option doesn't eventually degenerate in direct clashes among people. Disputes and issues of this kind ought to be solved via PMs (and this feature exactly exists to allow us to do so). Furthermore, if anyone needs to inform Moderators and even Administrators of something in particular (facts or personal opinions), you can easily do it by sending a PM too; flatly possible.

As I also have to guarantee that users do have their possibility to express themselves, I think we can find a settlement and arrange to establish a thread or a discussion in which people may give proper feedback to Elite's Cup. Bear this very carefully though: if you want to provide useful feedback (either positive or negative) publicly, you necessarily have to comply to the rules of this forum and to the reasonable customs of well-behaving. That is, angry and resentment-based remarks as the ones above won't be accepted.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:57 »
I have already agreed on the poor organization, we shall do better in the future. We did do a schedule and had originally planned on sticking to it, but because of technical difficulties we were delayed by an hour and a half. I had been in contact with DevilsDaemon, and he had said to me everything was good, then come the day tournament everything clearly was NOT good. So that was something out of my control.

For the semi finals rescheduling, as I have already said, we planned on doing it Saturday, but were delayed by an issue IRL, which I didn't find out about until it was nearly time to start streaming Saturday, so we rescheduled for Sunday. I told everybody everywhere I could, including the official Skype Group which Idrial declined to join, as she refused to give me her skype details. Lord of Mordor even made a post about it in the news section to let people know it was delayed.

Finally, regarding Idrials match, I will repeat myself: She declined to show up. All of the other rescheduling of players matches were INVOLUNTARY on our part, due to unforseen circumstances. We never once, during the entire tournament, rescheduled a players time by choice. I told Idrial that if she didn't play we were going to get a substitute player to fill in so we could finish the tournament, and asked her to either stay and play or name a substitute, both of which she declined to do. I did the best I could with what I had available.

Now, I am really done discussing this here. This was meant to be a public thank you to the viewers for showing up, not a bickering zone to dispute the end details. If you want to talk to me over pms, go ahead, but I am now asking for DieWalkure to please delete all above posts and close the thread.

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Aug 2016, 15:12 »
STOP!

I could not play because I had to go to the doctor at 8 am...

DieWalküre plz just move the messages to another FeedbackThread.

This is hones feedback and obviously other players share my point of view!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Aug 2016, 15:17 »
I understand you couldn't play Idrial, but that doesn't mean that we just change the rules and wait an entire week for a single match. The alternative to a substitute player would be disqualification, and so because I tried to get a good player to fill in for you I'm being criticized. If you are going to dispute the replacement player I had available to play for you, we can go with the alternative of disqualification due to a no show for your game.

Feel free to move the replies to a different thread DieWalkure, I am done discussing this, period. If people want to lampoon me and get me banned from the forums they can go right ahead, I did the best I could at the time, and it didn't come out as I would have liked it to.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Aug 2016, 15:25 »
Now, I am really done discussing this here. This was meant to be a public thank you to the viewers for showing up, not a bickering zone to dispute the end details. If you want to talk to me over pms, go ahead, but I am now asking for DieWalkure to please delete all above posts and close the thread.

I initially intended to delete Idrial12's post and yours, to let you settle the issue privately. At this point, though, deleting all the previous comments would just be like 'mutilating' the whole thread and abruptly censoring the people involved as well. I don't want to do this.

What I can do is closing this topic and to establish myself another thread, which will gather the legitimate criticism of the other users regarding the Ultimate Skill Cup. Needless to say, I will obviously keep a watchful eye and intervene again to avoid a poisonous climate to spread throughout the discussion (something that always deserves nothing else but censure).

Idrial12, you are absolutely free to express your personal opinions on Elite's organisation and handling of the tournament. Only, mind your wording very carefully; that is not the proper way discussions should be led and constructive points should be provided.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #11 am: 15. Aug 2016, 15:47 »
To interject a word from the administration here: As long as no forum rules are violated, people should not ask the moderators to delete the posts of others from their own thread. You may prefer to settle the matter via private message, but this does not deprive the other of the right to posti publicly about it - provided they don't violate the rules while doing so. This of course means that posts must fit the topic of a thread and the feedback should be civil and constructive. Walküre was right not to delete everything from this thread, and I support the idea of a dedicated tournament feedback thread to discuss these issues. 
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 15. Aug 2016, 17:19 »
This is the new thread where you will be able to debate how the Ultimate Skill Cup was handled and thus give your feedback. Before participating, make sure to read carefully the initial post and the main guidelines I indicated.