28. Mär 2024, 16:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Initial Height of map  (Gelesen 4410 mal)

Mako

• Bilbos Festgast
Initial Height of map
« am: 20. Feb 2016, 20:25 »
Hey guys hello. I'm new in this fantastic mod!

I did a map but now i realized that i need to set Initial Height of map heigher!!!
Initial height is 8 and i used "heigh brush (H)" to set normal height of map at 50.

Now i need it at 300 ^^

There is a way without remake all my ramp/mountains,abyss, i mean my heights, to set my initial height to 300? so i can make an huge hole (abyss) in my map ^^

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Initial Height of map
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Feb 2016, 20:56 »
You can use the tool, which does increase the terrain height by a certain amount. You just have to make the radius big enough such that it covers the whole map.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Feb 2016, 20:56 »
I had the same problem with my Dale map, only I wanted it lower and not higher :P. Problem is that if you set the initial height too high then your camera will be bugged and the shadows of your objects will dissapear if you zoom in or out. So be very carefull with this!

However I searched through all forums and the internet to see if there is an easier way to change the default height of the map with some kind of tool. I sadly found nothing and I believe you have to manually adjust it yourself again.

@FG15 He probably means without having to redo all the canyons and mountains again, which will be the case if he uses the height tool for the whole map.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Feb 2016, 21:07 »
I didn't meant that tool.
There are three height tools, one to set the height of an area to a specific value, as well as one to decrease and one to increase an area by a specific value adding/subtracting it from the current height. If you use this one with the inner radius as large that it will cover the whole map, it will work.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Feb 2016, 21:17 »
Good lord it actually works! You hit 2 birds with one blow by teaching both me and Mako something new :P. Thanks.

Mako

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Feb 2016, 23:10 »
You don't solve my prob. Because i ebded my map. And now i wanna add a abyss. Your procedure works fine at the beginning of mapping. But at the end i crush or cover mine heights

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Feb 2016, 10:12 »
No, you don't.
You don't use the "Set height", but the "add height". If you make the brush 1000000 feet huge and click once, the whole map will get heigher. All of your cliffs, ramps or other things remain exactly the same - just higher or lower.
You can use that whenever you want - even at the very end after you've done everything else.

Mako

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Feb 2016, 13:55 »
oh yeah.. is so stupid/simple solution ^^ thanks mate

goranoo

• Hobbit
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Mär 2017, 19:17 »
how u change camera height pls help