19. Apr 2024, 14:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Female dwarf CaH  (Gelesen 9892 mal)

kingsjewel

• Gast
Re: Female dwarf CaH
« Antwort #15 am: 18. Aug 2016, 12:58 »
A suggestion can be written but it's not neccessary to be accepted.

I won't debate against strong arguments.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #16 am: 18. Aug 2016, 13:57 »
Well I already said that I think there are bigger priorities, I just didn't like the way Dain phrased his argument and wanted something more than just an opinion about it. The argument could also be made that since Dwarf women are so similar in voice and appearence to Dwarf men, that they might have been in armies with nobody knowing about it. In the end though, I don't think its a big deal, and there are more important things to do right now.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Aug 2016, 14:18 »

That is up to you, even though you are theoretically supposed (and always invited) to do so. It's definitely better trying to argue your points with your own words whenever you have the possibility to do it; you would otherwise leave the discussion to other people, who can't obviously answer precisely on your behalf and back your thesis as you would like to.

In this case, the lore arguments are quite clear on the matter, though they don't actually exclude it completely: we know that female Dwarves do exist, and the fact that one of them could become a warrior (as a very rare exception) wouldn't be, in my opinion, more at the lore's ends than concepts as Helegwen and the lore-masters currently are (and I think that Helegwen was indeed a great legitimate addition).

So, I would say that what would be really required is the actual will of developing such proposal and the relative time to spend (something quite improbable now, I guess, with other fundamental priorities). Besides, just to give a hint, what about proposing a completely supportive role for this hypothetical heroine (that is, pure support as Erestor's abilities)?

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 18. Aug 2016, 19:25 »

That is up to you, even though you are theoretically supposed (and always invited) to do so. It's definitely better trying to argue your points with your own words whenever you have the possibility to do it; you would otherwise leave the discussion to other people, who can't obviously answer precisely on your behalf and back your thesis as you would like to.

In this case, the lore arguments are quite clear on the matter, though they don't actually exclude it completely: we know that female Dwarves do exist, and the fact that one of them could become a warrior (as a very rare exception) wouldn't be, in my opinion, more at the lore's ends than concepts as Helegwen and the lore-masters currently are (and I think that Helegwen was indeed a great legitimate addition).

So, I would say that what would be really required is the actual will of developing such proposal and the relative time to spend (something quite improbable now, I guess, with other fundamental priorities). Besides, just to give a hint, what about proposing a completely supportive role for this hypothetical heroine (that is, pure support as Erestor's abilities)?

There are really strong argument against my suggestion. The ' lore arguments' are debatable (lore doesn't say, for example,  there is female elf warrior class, or Tauriel...) but I can't debate with the others.  Originally I didn't think that wrote this suggestion, and this suggestion is not very important for me. There had been a conversation on Moddb about this , only that's why I wrote this topic.
I see there is a misunderstanding about my hero. I didn't want a recruited hero(like Helegwen)  just a CaH hero. I didn't think about specific skills.
About priorities : Really not the Dwarven faction is important. I think Dwarves are almost finished. Dwarven units and heroes have the best textures. Dwarven ringheroes need a ringhero avatar (like Saruman or the black Gandalf) and Dáin's abilities need changes (Possibly ThorinIII as ringhero for Erebor) that's all.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 18. Aug 2016, 22:23 »
I see there is a misunderstanding about my hero. I didn't want a recruited hero (like Helegwen) just a CaH hero. I didn't think about specific skills.

I did perfectly understand that yours were a CaH proposal. What I wanted to point out is that the idea of a Dwarven female hero would stretch the lore no less than Helegwen and the lore-masters actually do. I don't consider it as a negative argument at all; it was just a remark of mine regarding the very legitimacy of this concept.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Aug 2016, 15:15 »
Zitat
I did perfectly understand that yours were a CaH proposal. What I wanted to point out is that the idea of a Dwarven female hero would stretch the lore no less than Helegwen and the lore-masters actually do. I don't consider it as a negative argument at all; it was just a remark of mine regarding the very legitimacy of this concept.

You are right, and I didn't think that you had negative comment.  But this post doesn't seems popular and I think this suggestion's fate decided. Tell the truth, I didn't think about abilities, I can't speak english so well...I always write short comments, beacuse hard to translate them. Usually just I agree or disagree with others' arguments.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Aug 2016, 15:53 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 19. Aug 2016, 16:10 »
Being popular is really not a compulsory requirement for any thread to be open. Much also depends on which meaning you refer to regarding something being 'popular'. A topic can be popular if it succeeds in attracting enough attention and in enabling a useful discussion to take place; I think this thread is not doing so badly under this perspective, as we did debate our own points. Left aside the issue of time and priorities, there are people who didn't totally exclude the possibility of a Dwarven heroine.

Having no valid reasons to close this thread, the fate of your suggestion will be eventually decided if the Edain Team provides a very clear response (accepting or rejecting it). Until then, you may take all the time you want and try to develop the concept even further, remembering that an effective and structured presentation is often vital for the success of a proposal  :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #22 am: 19. Aug 2016, 16:25 »
Just 1 note, don't ever feel like you are being bullied or like a proposal is bad because several people have disagreed with it. Theres always a compromise that can be made, and very often ideas become better for it. I don't think that anybody on this forum has any ill will toward another, sometimes people just disagree in teams, but that doesn't mean there arn't others who will read your ideas and like them.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 20. Aug 2016, 22:33 »
Thank you your positive comments. I know the Edain Team will decide that accept the suggestion or not, not the posters. (No problem if they won't accepted it)
Maybe she would be an economy supporter because the WETA team imagined dwarf women as merchants. (The lore says nothing about them, we know.)
I have played a long time ago with CaH heroes, so I don't know there is such category or ability for CaH heroes. If not, then she would be a unit supporter.