28. Mär 2024, 14:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Ponies  (Gelesen 2368 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Concerning Ponies
« am: 18. Aug 2016, 00:52 »
If you start a discussion with the word 'concerning' you're a giant LotR nerd. Yes I am indeed.

Imagine this:

So why are ponies Q-able?

*I'll just pretend that that isn't possible to fix, which I have no idea weather it is or is not.

Why aren't they just recruitable units? You select them, they come, you mount them, they're gone, Vets come back.

You don't have to wait for them to summon at the worst moments possible. You don't have an unhealthy amount of ponies roaming your lands. You don't have dim-witted grass-eaters occupying your army lines.

Edit: This is just a hypothetical idea, it doesn't necessarily have to be this way.

If there are bugs with that option, well just delete this post and let it sink and rust in the dark dim dull depths of this place.

This is just my idea that would make it a bit smoother to play as the Dwarves, the most pulchritudinous faction ever. I totally knew what that word meant without searching for synonyms for beautiful.

« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2016, 13:51 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Concerning Ponies
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Aug 2016, 02:46 »
Why aren't they just recruitable units? You select them, they come, you mount them, they're gone, Vets come back.

You don't have to wait for them to summon at the worst moments possible. You don't have an unhealthy amount of ponies roaming your lands. You don't have dim-witted grass-eaters occupying your army lines.

Personally, I don't mind their summoning system so much. I guess this property gives to the whole possibility of gaining the help of the Veterans a 'particular touch'; that is, you have to undergo different mechanics from the usual recruiting routine.

I don't really know, though, if that is really what justifies the current system. It's thus just an argument regarding my personal view, and I also couldn't tell whether your suggestion is possible or not to achieve. A statement from the developers would surely be of help (technically speaking, especially).

If there are bugs with that option, well just delete this post and let it sink and rust in the dark dim dull depths of this place.

I would never delete it anyway. Nothing really sinks in dark depths on Modding Union, nor will time ever rust proposals and the efforts gently poured into them  ;)

This is just my idea that would make it a bit smoother to play as the Dwarves, the most pulchritudinous faction ever. I totally knew what that word meant without searching for synonyms for beautiful.

You're not alone here: undoubtedly, Ancient Greek and Latin studies are so much helpful in dealing with such words and their etymology  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2016, 03:54 von DieWalküre »

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Aug 2016, 03:14 »
Zitat
Personally, I don't mind their summoning system so much. I guess this property gives to the whole possibility of gaining the help of the Veterans a 'particular touch'; that is, you have to undergo different mechanics from the usual recruiting routine.

I don't really know, though, if that is really what justifies the current system. It's thus just an argument regarding my personal view, and I also couldn't tell whether your suggestion is possible or not to achieve. A statement from the developers would surely be of help (technically speaking, especially).

I've got no problem with the summoning system, I just don't like that ponies think they're part of the army. If it's going to stay the same, fine. I just see them as lesser than a normal unit. Like laborers or Dwarven workers; controllable, but when you hit Q they do nothing, they know their place. :)

Zitat
You're not alone here: undoubtedly, Ancient Greek and Latin studies are so much helpful in dealing with such words and their etymology

Well, I guess I failed once again at being sarcastic.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Aug 2016, 04:20 »
I apologise. I gave a different spin to your words about the ponies' characteristics as units. I had understood the 'Q' issue, but I also thought you were questioning their summoning system too. My mind sometimes loves going so much intricate  xD

Well, I guess I failed once again at being sarcastic.

My fault. Given your interest into languages (if I grasped correctly), it really seemed to me that you actually knew it. Absolutely with the best intentions. As for sarcasm, I usually use emoticons to convey that sense; they suit that purpose greatly  :)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Aug 2016, 13:50 »
Zitat
I apologise. I gave a different spin to your words about the ponies' characteristics as units. I had understood the 'Q' issue, but I also thought you were questioning their summoning system too. My mind sometimes loves going so much intricate  xD

Well, I was, but just trying to find a hypothetical solution. I didn't say the way I imagined had to be necessarily implemented, and it's more my fault that I didn't specify what I meant in the original post.

Zitat
My fault. Given your interest into languages (if I grasped correctly), it really seemed to me that you actually knew it. Absolutely with the best intentions. As for sarcasm, I usually use emoticons to convey that sense; they suit that purpose greatly  :)

I really can't blame you. I always thought using emoticons gave it all away a bit too fast, so I usually play around with exaggeration and emphasis on certain words, e.g. totally :)

So imma just fix that.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Aug 2016, 13:46 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »