28. Mär 2024, 14:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The White Council  (Gelesen 27454 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The White Council
« Antwort #60 am: 19. Mai 2017, 11:42 »
REMINISCENCE

The Lady recalls a talk she had had with one of the chiefs of the border patrol.

GALADRIEL: ''Please, valiant guard, come forth. My ears are much eager to listen to what has been happening in these grim days, along the ends of Mirkwood.''

PATROL: ''My noble ruler, many things occurred in the vicinity of those woods. Albeit feigning calmness and quietness, we do know that the malicious presence residing within the eerie fortress is fostering even more fear and anxiety across the broad land. But, my Lady, this is not what has indeed caught our attention.''

G: ''I know. Your thoughts are open to me. The gathering shadows in Mirkwood are not something new to our knowledge; according to the task I appointed to him, the Grey Wizard is soon to pierce the veil of deceit and seek for the solving of the mystery. Nevertheless, I do sense that you have a more pressing information to share. Go on.''

PATROL: ''Agents from Isengard were spotted nearby the Gladden Fields, next to our northern borders. It seems they're searching through the shores of the river. What they aim to find, we can't unfortunately tell.''

G: ''I see. The White Wizard is tempering with his pure colour, from which different shades of brightness and shadow now originate. Traits and tones difficult to fathom, as his very mind.''
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Mai 2017, 23:33 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #61 am: 5. Jun 2017, 12:27 »
The Lady opted for hidden words to be spoken. A warning she wanted to give; the Grey Wizard had to know.

''Mithrandir, I hope you may recall. Those far voyages of our chief's servants along the river. I sense he's in search of something he unceasingly longs, while he gathers secretive knowledge in the halls of his dark tower. He might be keen on delaying possible actions and so on hindering our just propositions. Trust in him I have almost completely run out of. Ill-wishing was the day in which he was crowned head of the Wise by this council.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #62 am: 8. Jul 2017, 01:48 »
And then, at the heated moment, the White Wizard decides to speak and make his cause manifest to the whole council.

SARUMAN: ''I may see that many have been your addresses, members of this assembly, and even pleas for an immediate action to be elected. But I also sense something else, if my mind is not clouded by the spirited atmosphere of this meeting and the raging consent that you would like me to give; for war. For war...

An intention to bandy words with one another. To create unrest where there is none. To sway my thoughts into the claws of an assault, against a foe who hides himself within the ruined pits of that old fortress. Magic? This world is all home to magic, and this a wizard who pleases himself with journeying and a mighty Elf-maiden should know very well. A force which any will might bend and use for its own purposes. The illness, as you have named it with sudden judgement, is nothing else than the schemes of this unknown sorcerer, as they fight to claim a place in these lands. But it's a forlorn hope and desire, for such a feeble and secretive shadow shall never come forth to contest the open air. Eerie and unpleasant it might certainly be, yet not that pressing of a menace to plan operations on the other shore of the river, with no plans at hand so far. And, if you have vivid memory of my words, I still believe that only a great power is capable of keeping the Evil at bay, provided that the threat is an imperative one; a grave risk and the utmost emergency. This is not the case of ours, my fellow members of the Wise. And even in the case of agreement on the matter you have just presented, should I actually believe that Sauron did return in Middle-earth and that he took that stronghold as his dwelling, never would I be in favour of a rushing approach of this kind; rushing and in truth very precipitate. Yes, he is the sole who has the possibility, skills and means to reclaim the other lost Rings of Power, and to command the hideous wraiths, over whom he boasts total control. I'm nonetheless not convinced that he is, or that he could be, up to this design; instead of the terrible Dark Lord that he once embodied, he should now be deemed in the proper way: a powerless phantom, which would surely have great advantage and much interest into spreading chaos across this territory.

Gandalf, your hasty and improvised foray in Dol Guldur is not enough to force my hand. How could you ever take that decision without prior counselling? If you had come to me in the first place, I would have disclosed things to you as they truly are, sparing you great peril and a confrontation with an unknown enemy endowed with foul prowess. However, since I may see how keen you are on trying to justify and prove, I would ask you to tell me more of the fight in the dungeons of the ruined fortress. Because gathering information is often a wiser choice, than being about to call for arms and to prepare for the mobilisation of our forces. Please, tell.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #63 am: 8. Jul 2017, 10:24 »
But, before the Grey Pilgrim could respond to his higher-in-rank fellow Istar, the Lady of Light intervened, swift and sudden as the breeze in the heat of the summer, or as an unexpected storm in a hot day of drought.

GALADRIEL: ''It was me. It was me who swayed the wizard's mind. He had sought for my counsel and I gave him my advice. Late was the hour, chief of the Wise, and from the head of this council very little interest had been shown up to that moment. His mind was wandering through other thoughts, different from his duties. And the evil source inside that fortress was not wasting time, and every day its fell presence would get more and more evident. We thus needed answers, White Wizard. Answers that only via direct action we could have had; and not by faltering wait or a shy attitude, locked in our strongholds and immersed in ancient studying of an uncanny sort. Mithrandir has thus passed the ends of my woods for his mission. To disperse the veil of fog and to have the riddle finally unveiled. And we did unveil it, I say. The 'human sorcerer who dabbles in dark magic' is in truth the revenant Sauron, returned in Middle-earth and willing to drag this world into another night of desperation, for none of his deeds is loose and without a defined scope. And a scope he now has indeed, for the regaining of part of his past might. And all this time we have been ignorant and defiant, because one is very rarely convinced that a menace from old days could ever pave its way again to reality; a reality of artificial and unnatural calmness, to which we have unfortunately got used too much quickly. And things are boding ill, head of the council, and worse they will get, if we don't act and if our inertia becomes our fixed approach to the matter. May I also say and point out vigorously that, in light of the facts hitherto brought as evidence, an evidence that can't be denied, Mithrandir is not to be blamed for his genuine curiosity and will to keep watch over the happenings of this world. He is a guardian. And guardians don't isolate themselves from their tasks, but ever-vigilant they stay, in fortune and bad fate. Deciding not to fulfil our duty would be an arrant mistake; a grave sin from our part, given the evident involvement of Sauron and of the Rings of Power, that are not at all forgotten by the Evil and always attract the intention of the marred spirits. May I also remind the assembly that Dol Guldur lies near my realm, right on the other shore of the Anduin; my domain would thus be the first to suffer a sudden assault. This is something a good strategist and leader ought not to forget.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #64 am: 8. Jul 2017, 22:48 »
SARUMAN: ''And the good strategist knows also this, Lady of Lothlórien, that foolish and not useful is an attempt that brings no result. A waste of thought and energy. Because war must be planned carefully and with every means at disposal of the one who longs to embark on such a task. Recollecting information and evidences is as relevant as the fighting in the open field. Henceforth, it follows that our current knowledge is not enough to launch an assault, along with the real entity of the threat: tell me, my guests, how many kings up to this moment had to defend their realm against this hypothetical menace, which you vehemently deem dreadful and deadly? How many kingdoms were seriously in danger? Well, I shall answer for you. None! Simple and plain. For incursions and snares in an old forest are not the decisive evidence to reveal the existence of this very gruesome of an enemy, as you regard it. And I forward again the same words, in that Sauron may have indeed paved his way to this world again, yet no peril he is! No imperative bane, nor terror or cruel death. His might vanished away after the the battle with the two monarchs, at the slopes of the volcano. His One Ring was lost in the waters of the Anduin, wavering and encircling many lands of this continent. Research would be in truth vain, should the artefact have finally been led to the depths of the great sea. Yes, the Ruling Ring is no more, his destiny having being ended along the shores of the Gladden Fields. The territories you much longed to have under your rule, Elven Queen, but that you then failed to retain. That I would really name a vain attempt.

My studying and interests should not also be a concern of yours, since my mind is ever-rekindled by arts of an ancient kind; ancient, of course, and never uncanny. The immersion in the past is not only solace or curiosity, but also precious knowledge. Knowledge that might be used for the good and for the betterment of many people's lives. This is the true approach; a just approach of whom really seeks to undergo a very hard test. The certainty of victory and success, which we lack now and you even seem to disregard. That is the arrant mistake and of a flawed strategy the very scheme. Unless you manage to provide more proofs and consistent reasons to move my spirit towards your vision; unless you actually succeed in proving that this new enemy is ready to attack and to mar the lives of all in Middle-earth. A sorcerer who relies on the company of lesser beasts and scattered Orcs gathered in the vicinity of that fortress. Not so much of a frightening tyrant, am I right? Where are the legions of this Eerie Lord? His commanders, apart from shadows and wraiths which belong to another era? Where are they, Gandalf and Lady Galadriel of noble composure? As I said, he is a phantom, leading a phantom-army and posing a phantom-threat, against whom I shall not mobilise the mighty devices of the Wise. Not now, not ever. And, whether you wander in doubt and still question my counsel, be it sufficient for you to know that many of your valiant soldiers would be spared, as well as the serenity of the woods and of the course of the river.

But, don't halt your speech, Gandalf the Grey. Tell me what you faced within the pits of that ghoulish lair. I would really like to clarify the nature of that type of magic, which you indicated as the venom that is choking Mirkwood and attracting there the creeping shadows of the night.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #65 am: 12. Jul 2017, 19:22 »
GANDALF: ''Chief of the Wise, there is no intention to bring malaise or false accusations to the sanctity of this honourable assembly, yet the hour is of the utmost note for us and the issue of all seems everyday to get graver in entity. This is a fact that we cannot deny for sure, unless the very truth is at peril and lies begin to be spread even among the noble members of this council. Isn't it? And my peregrinations, in which I have hitherto put and in good will poured all my effort, were in no case wasted time, Saruman. This I can admit and assess without doubt or second thoughts of any sort. Therefore, I hope our concerns will not be dismissed so much easily, by the wise guide who is instead supposed to lead us in the just direction. The Evil within that fortress can only grow stronger and more hideous as time passes and as stars complete their cycles in the sidereal void of Eä. It is an inevitable of a fate and a predictable destiny, for all dark forces have not shown a different behaviour so far, and, as the wiseman knows well, things tend to repeat and history is much likely to start going round as a wheel, presenting again already-seen schemes and dynamics to which we should be, at this time, very much acquainted. You may also pardon my tone, but I strongly believe that one must be convinced, that the illness must be uprooted quickly and with the fiercest resolve it ought to be vanquished for the good, lest a mistake might cause an unpredictable escalation of events. And the past has vividly shown us how mistakes are not very easily forgiven in this world.

You ask for proofs and evidences, and I shall provide you with what you need know. I shall narrate the foul encounter that befell in the eerie dungeons of Dol Guldur. Not a simple stronghold of common fashion, as some have said, nor a tomb filled with ruins and remnants which Middle-earth would gladly do without. No, my Lord, that is a lair and a prison! A gaol for every free soul and torture even for the most resilient mind. Forgotten by the present, cursed and inhabited by demons of a wide-ranging kind. This is what one will find there; no less, no more. And I had already entered those somber gates once, almost a millennium ago, when that very fortress had attracted by attention for not specified reasons, and I had then headed there, while I sensed that the great force that had set me on that path was escaping from my sight. But, suffice it to say that a presence dwelt in that stronghold, and of this fact I could not be more certain. Unto my last coming to Dol Guldur, months ago. Something I shall never forget, nor will the experience of such a dramatic meeting ever become a dim remembrance of mine, given that I contested the very Evil that night, fending off the danger and managing to flee from that disgraceful place. All started with curiosity and the mission to make a thorough enquiry into the secret of those marred woods, as the murmurs of the people living in the surroundings have become too loud to be exactly defined as a feeble request for aid; it was rather a cry of desperation and sorrow, caused by the horrid transformation of those one-time green forests into obscure ways infested by snares and terrible beasts. How could I have ignored that plea? How could I have denied the sound logic and sincere reason of the Lady of Lothlórien, whose far-sighted knowledge is well renowned across the shires of the continent? I couldn't have. Simple and plain. Hence, disguised and veiled by a spell which prevented hostile eyes from realising that I had arrived, I was into the wolf's lair, and all seemed strange and very much uncanny at the first sight. Because, as I had passed unscathed the road up to the ruined castle, there was no need to worry about secrecy anymore, once I found myself in front of those robust gates. Everything was still and those remnants seemed to have been left untouched by any living force, if not for the action of time that moulded shapes and stone rendered dust; no one was there to patrol. No vigilant guard, nor legions or our unknown enemy unmasked. Silence reigned supreme and was pervasive all over the place. And after a quick inspection, I thus made the most tragic of the discoveries: a Dwarven lord, made weary by the ongoing flow of days and led to madness by means of torture. He was on the verge of death, but he nonetheless recognised me at the last moment, and I did then have the possibility to know something more of his unfortunate story. Yes, one of the Seven Lords he was, and of one of the Seven Rings he had been the mighty bearer; yet his Ring of Power was no more, snatched away from his possession and hewn out of his mauled finger. Doubt thus took me, whilst living force was abandoning the royal Dwarf, and dread began to cloud my mind and I eventually got to grips with the real risk I was to face; my life in serious jeopardy. Even though the hazardous situation I had put myself into didn't refrain me from completing the task, as to what concerned the very sake of Middle-earth. My mouth therefore started speaking spells, in order to lift that treacherous concealment that kept the fortress hidden and seeking to unearth the true identity of that malicious source. All of a sudden, packs of wolves and legions of hideous Orcs surrounded me, aimed to cage me in the deepest dungeon and to halt my imperative mission; my magic was too powerful for them to stay on my way, however, and so it followed that I was very close to leaving that disgraceful place and reaching safety in the outer vastness of the woods. Only, it was at that time that the mysterious sorcerer came forth, with no physical fashion nor a humanoid visage. He was just a wide and thick mist of malice, dark as the night and lacking even the smallest gleam of light. Indeterminate was his shape, but not his will and evil purposes, as his thoughts ran wild along the mazes of my mind. Resurgence, vengeance and the domination of all forms of life in this world. And then the battle had beginning, the fight between our two essences. Light against sheer darkness. At the heated second of the confrontation, his shape shifted and revealed a new figure veiled by fire, resembling a fiery lidless eye which always stands on the alert and yearns the object of its obsession with unceasing desire. And my forces were waning and defeat seemed to be my very next future, until Hope rekindled my heart and gave me strength once more, so that I was able to repel the foe for a moment and get out safe from Dol Guldur.

I am here, now, blessed by events and with the firm resolution to end this threat, for I withstood the foulest enemy of all in that fortress: Sauron, the revenant Dark Lord, who intends to drag this continent to another war and renewed darkness. This time, for our great misfortune, the grand kingdom of Men is suffering from stagnating inertia and the absence of the solely legitimate heir to the throne, alongside the valiant Noldor of the West having departed in large number from these mortal shores. In this state of generalised weakness and idleness, Saruman, it is not necessary for him to regain the tenure of his Ruling Ring, since his powers are destined to be broadened by terror and magical arts, as he's recollecting what was once lost. If we do not act, in less than 200 years Middle-earth might be under the cruel and ruthless rule of the Lord of the Rings, whether the One Ring will have ultimately been retrieved or not.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #66 am: 17. Jul 2017, 17:13 »
SARUMAN: ''Do not let yourself be tricked by snares, Grey Wizard. I know the true fashion of a terrible kind of magic and the menace it could pose for us all. Even if the very craftsman of the Rings of Power were again, as you said, the grave depiction of things that you presented I can't accept. I don't see anything reasonable and logical in it, Gandalf! Without the One, Sauron is more or less harmless and inoffensive. Jettison your usual suspicious thoughts and do also without the mere illusions you beheld in that fortress; how could a powerless ghost be remotely superior to an Istar? How could a member of our mighty order be rendered captive by such an entity, which I call an empty shell, as it is. I wouldn't read too much into your own peregrinations, for they have hitherto done nothing else but bring trouble to our doorstep. And, what kind of factual evidences do they have to offer? Tell me, have you perhaps seen legions of Orcs ready to assault one of the grand kingdoms of this continent? Did you behold an army? Did you have proofs of a host being assembled in order to attack us in the most sudden of the ways? Did you, Grey Wizard? Because I am doubtful and much sceptical; I do not know what to make of, out of the things you feel so sure to assess. May you know that I studied a lot and consulted very ancient sources from chapters of Middle-earth's history that are for most of the living completely unknown; old and consumed pages, covered by the dust of the past, which nonetheless reveal a good deal of wisdom, and plenty of precious insights into the lore of those forgotten times. And I am much acquainted with that lore, and in no way do I intend to submit the truth of my vast knowledge to the judgement of others. Others who prefer the breeze and uncertainty of long journeys, or secretive monarchs who hide themselves from the rest of the World and still continue keeping secrets. No, I shall not doubt the certainties I have gathered so far.

I shall not also permit to call for the preparations of our forces. Declaring a war is something that ought to be pondered in the most thorough way, well knowing that our resources and overall capacity are limited. As well as the scopes for a victorious outcome. Every wasted and ill-calculated effort is a vain effort. What we can't afford. And armies are not pawns that could be easily moved and made usage of at will. We are not all pilgrims, who care little about the ensemble. A leader has precise responsibilities. A sort of oath sworn on the behalf of the many. You need consider this, members of the council, even though you strive so vigorously to force my hand.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #67 am: 20. Jul 2017, 16:31 »
GALADRIEL: ''Yet to the leader the duty to act has been too appointed, and even the responsibility of failure and inactivity is to be his proper fault. A lack of wisdom and sight, too fatal and unforgivable for a position of such a sort, depending the lives of many on his sole judgement.

White Wizard, you may believe that the One Ring is now lost in the deep blue of the sea and that waves brought it far away from the fate of this continent. And you may even believe that the Enemy is not what he seems to appear, and that no worrying threat is at the moment menacing the peace of the free shires. But facts speak with the plainest and clearest voice, Saruman, my powers are denied entrance to that fortress and I everyday perceive the pending darkness which grows day by day mightier. I trust Mithrandir with the utmost confidence, for none of his deeds in life could ever be deemed without a just scope. He saw the revenant Evil in those dungeons, and good luck made it so that he was able to flee from that hell. Every potential peril should be dealt with in the most resolute of the ways, and even more if the said danger derives from the Dark Lord himself. Swords must be wielded, plans must be made and an assault must be given concrete existence, for the sake of success and the safety of our entire endeavour.

Yes, Chief of the Wise, I'm talking about Sauron, the bane of Men and the sudden death that would terrorise my people in the Elder Days. You should be very much acquainted with these tales, shouldn't you? You ought to know what mankind and the immortal kind suffered due to the snares of Morgoth's deadliest servant. The gruesome horrors he managed to summon in those sorrowful times, and his ghoulish magic which only Love itself was capable of undoing. Then, the Second Age of this World was marred by the deception of his obscure design; the sad lore of the Rings of Power and how my kind was disgracefully lured into such a treachery. And the desperation of the mightiest Men in seeing their glorious island sinking in the great sea, for an arrogant monarch refused the counsel of the good and instead turned his ears to words to which he should never have paid attention. Until victory was determined at the slopes of Mount Doom, in the midst of the bloodiest battle of those years. And the Evil was unfortunately given a chance to linger in this world and again cast its shadow on our sunny days. I know this, Saruman, for I lived in those dim days and I was there to witness when all befell. I have knowledge of Sauron's true kind. This books and ancient maps covered by dust will not tell you.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #68 am: 23. Jul 2017, 21:22 »
SARUMAN: ''Do not hold me in such a lesser consideration, Lady of Lothlórien. Do you think I am not aware of the dreadful history that goes along with the Dark Lord and his deeds in Middle-earth? Terrible deeds, of course, yet grand and mighty without a doubt, whose fashion we shall not experience another time in this era. An era which you deem in error grey and doomed; but I have other thoughts. It is an era of chances and multiple possibilities for the races that could live up to the challenge. You seek to paint an unvarnished grey portrait, and much tedious, when the real depiction is instead full of colours and shades. The shades pertaining to will, cunning and arts.

And in this very era we should thus strive and utilise our own resources better, instead of wasting precious energy in vain plans or in very unlikely situation, as you are advocating now with much passion. The One is lost amidst the waves of the vast sea. Lacking its possession results in Sauron, or whoever is hiding behind that mask, having whatever scheme of return hampered and headed to failure. I know this. The arcane secrets of the past disclosed the truth to me; the nature of such artefact that many of your kind, Galadriel, had failed to come to grips with at that time. Books and ancient tales do have something to tell to the one able to grasp. To the one who doesn't fear knowledge nor the understanding of the World. Because, members of this assembly, fortune aids the astute being and the forces of antiquity offer their service to the wise explorer.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #69 am: 26. Jul 2017, 00:24 »
Although the recent shift in the chief's mind was something predicted long time before, the Lady was appalled by the very words of whom had been appointed to be the leader of the Wise. The imperative head and commander that anything wrong should have made right. Imperceptible murmurs were again spoken softly, in a manner that only the Grey Pilgrim could have perceived.

GALADRIEL: ''I may see it clearly now, Mithrandir. His mind is stuck on that recurrent, almost obsessive, desire. The One Ring and the forgotten lore of the lesser artefacts of the Elven Smith of the Second Age. And, while we are exchanging intense judgements and dense thoughts, the darkness in that fortress is growing stronger and bolder. Sauron is scheming in the obscurity of his lair. I can't foretell exactly the moment in which his plans shall be ready to be given concrete existence. It might be a year, or a century too. But it doesn't matter much, for in short time he will be at the head of an army and the menace will have then become a gruesome reality to cope with. Or, even if not intended to launch a sudden attack, he could always seek to interfere with the peace of these lands and sabotage our own efforts in numerous ways; every hazardous and troublesome occasion might be a proper occasion for the Dark Lord. We must watch over this territory. We must not indulge in vain deeds.

The guidance of our chief is no more. His fallacious mind is clouded by doubts, fear and longings of a kind which is difficult to fathom. Immersed in the past; he yearns to know more of its secrets. A forlorn hope, in truth.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #70 am: 26. Jul 2017, 13:07 »
GANDALF: ''Saruman, lingering in the shadows and idleness are not the wise decisions that a true leader should opt for. You might be jeopardising the chances of the Good to keep this world safe and secure. Our own world, which we much love and it is the utmost preoccupation for us all. The safety of all; this we should all cherish, and thus we ought to act in the best of the ways to achieve our own tasks and fulfil our own duties.

Conceding and concessions to the Enemy can only make our fate bode very ill. I'm very much worried about that. If my journeys have brought to my attention a very apparent of a truth, it is that menaces should never be given the chance to become real, lest nightmares turn into dreadful losses and all shall hear the mournful cry of desperation that Middle-earth was very used to in the past. The past should tell you this as well, for sorrowful memories live eternally in the remembrances of the World. A cry that says and gives advices of crucial significance for whom is able to interpret them in their proper meaning. Thousands of corpses rot in the ghoulish marshes of the East and a terrible word of caution they seem to give: should you let malaise grow without reacting in some ways, you shall eventually pay the consequences of such a decision, for the Evil never forgives its opponent's faults and mistakes. Orcs don't know piety and mercy, nor is Sauron acquainted with the existence of magnanimity. He only knows the chains of captivity and the sad condition of servitude, in which too many were in past centuries of obscurity. The threat is real and nothing will convince me of the opposite, ruling Istar. As I told you, I beheld the Lord of the Rings in those dungeons and Middle-earth still bears the wounds of the crimes it had to suffer. This is the grudge of the World, Saruman, open your eyes and may your sight be not bewitched by other stringent propositions of yours.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #71 am: 29. Jul 2017, 17:28 »
SARUMAN: ''And I suppose you deem yourself a very good of an interpreter, Gandalf the Grey. Am I not right? I believe that you boast the presumption to know what history has to offer as testimony to the World. You don't trust in my rule and guidance, as you have shown already in other occasions. Your opposition may be silent in words and speech, yet apparent in your very acts. You constantly flout my authority via the most diverse means. As I had advised you not enter the ways of that dangerous fortress, and you instead opted for the wrong proposition. I'm not surprised anymore, however, for never have I ever tried to convince you of the opposite, Gandalf. You seek to draw a negative depiction of me, but I always strived to respect different views and to give one the liberty of a wide margin of action. Too wide, I imagine.

And my knowledge you doubt too, this being quite an offence towards my honourable composure and status among the other wise guests of this assembly. You cannot rely on the great discoveries I made throughout my strenuous studying of old tales and forgotten annals of Middle-earth. You don't seem to have confidence in my grasp, when I tell you that no grand realm of this world faces the threat of an assault from the southern woods of Mirkwood. Why don't you just manage to realise that we are in front of an illusion? The Dark Lord is master of sham images and deception. He knows very well how to inspire bad judgement in one's mind. He lost his powers an era ago, and he shall never have them back at all. All was sunk in the depth of the sundering seas of the West. His One Ring is lost in the blue and none of these shores may nurture the forlorn hope to be in its possession again. Even if he's hiding within the ruined walls of that lair, he is a phantom and nothing more. You don't know what entails to wage war and mobilise the forces of our strong armies. You yearn war and of this I can't fathom the meaning. We do not need war in these times of great change. We do not need chaos nor confusion. There is much that the arts of Elves and Men could craft for the new era that is about to begin. You long to frustrate this peaceful progress, and this I shall not allow.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #72 am: 30. Jul 2017, 20:16 »
GALADRIEL: ''White Wizard, this era is indeed to end in some ways. Yet the Third Age of Arda shall not vanish before an ultimate contest which is going to determine the fate of all. A final judgement for these times, in which each of us shall be summoned and requested to play its part in the tale. Whether future shall bode ill or well, this is to be revealed at the very late hour.

Clouds gather on the horizon and a storm is assembling its wrath in a faraway sky. Yet you, Saruman, refuse to behold the visage of truth in the eyes. You hide behind idleness and doubts that leaders ought not to have. We are in peril, and the strong wind of war shall hit swift and merciless. What shall decree the end of this disenchanted millennium are blood and toil.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #73 am: 2. Aug 2017, 17:45 »
ELROND: ''I don't believe that bitter talk could aid our mission, noble guests. If not, it would hamper our propositions and result in an advantage for the Enemy. I don't deem such bitterness very much helpful in this situation of need. We need be calm and analyse every possible scope for remedying the danger approaching. I'm sure that a just solution might be found. It is not the time to quarrel and the hour commands that a decision be taken for the sake of Middle-earth in its entirety. This is our imperative duty and we should therefore set out with the proper will to overcome division. Let us not be hindered by our divergence of opinions. We should envisage a sort of compromise. This council was founded not for empty words and vague discussions; we must take the lead and act in the most efficient way. Only by this definition can this institution be of positive usage for our intentions. May this be very clear and of the prime importance. Idleness is seldom a wise counsel.

Saruman, from my part I feel like trusting the words of concern of Gandalf and of the Lady. If that foul encounter in the dungeons of Dol Guldur has exactly taken place as we were told, we are to face an imminent menace. Sauron should not be underestimated in any way! For that would be an unpardonable mistake, of which we would certainly pay the harsh toll.

I was there. In the ravine of Mordor, at the slopes of Mount Doom. I saw the last High King of the Noldor being crushed and succumbing to the power of the One. I saw the rule of Men being shattered and on the verge of destruction. I shall never forget the gruesome power that we battled, in those very grim times. This world was about to be doomed and forever subjugated by an evil tyrant. And I beheld the fallacy of Men again, when the One Ring was given the chance to persist. Because this is the nature of Sauron's inner essence: he never rests, if not for gaining precious time to unfold the obscure plans of his grand design. He is cunning as none in this world. The people of Arda has learnt this and very much suffered the fell consequences of his deeds.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #74 am: 3. Aug 2017, 01:22 »
GALADRIEL: ''Compromise is found only in good will and clear thoughts. But a compromise is often a decision that lacks the spirit of action and the determination to succeed in one's own propositions. We can't opt for the path of compromising. We must be ready to take the necessary risk that the quest entails. No challenge is without a risk. No grand and perilous deed is without the hazard of the case. A wise soul will act in conformity of his enlightened mind, yet always knowing the insidious trap of idleness or still inertia. This I want this council to hearken: that the foe we are to contest is the most dreadful nightmare that could ever occur to anyone. During these long and quiet centuries of peace, we have lowered our guard too much; the door is in fact open for the foul demons of that nightmare to spread and wreak havoc in this weary era. Aye, White Wizard, this era is weary and plagued by toil. Its fatigues will not vanish on their own, as you depicted in your daydream, a moment ago. The hearts of the Free People shall be rekindled once again, as I hope, as long as this horror from the ancestral past of Arda is finally to be annihilated.''