19. Mär 2024, 04:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the English RPG Team  (Gelesen 11645 mal)

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
Ask the English RPG Team
« am: 27. Aug 2016, 21:58 »
Welcome to the Q&A section of the English RPG forums. If you have any question regarding rules, games, characters or anything related to this subforum, feel free to post them in this thread. The English RPG team will gladly offer answers and replies wherever possible.

Make sure you read through this thread once it has grown to see if your question was asked previously so we do not have to answer to the same thing multiple times. Thanks in advance!

The English RPG Team
RPG:

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
Re: Ask the English RPG Team
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Aug 2016, 22:03 »
If I understood it right, it is another tipe of RPG like the german one is? So each player doesn't have a charakter and write him?
Fire and Blood!

VectorMaximus

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Aug 2016, 02:30 »
Yes, this is a different type of RPG to the german one. While the german forum involves creating an original character and setting stories involving them as the main character, with them occasionally interacting with canonical characters, the English (or international, if you prefer) forum is the opposite.

The character who's point of view you are writing from should be a preexisting character, with OCs (own characters) filling minor or background roles. While it is ok to have more prominent OCs in places that have relatively few canonical characters to use, such as Numenor or Lindon, generally speaking the character who you are 'playing' should be a canonical character. However, you are allowed to characterize them as you wish, though we would appreciate it if you would attempt to keep them relatively in-character.

While this may seem limiting, it permits us to explore existing situations and times in the history that are not expanded on by Tolkien. The English forum is for expanding on existing lore, situations and characters, not writing our own completely new lore.

If you desire an example, head over to the White Council RPG, which the English RPG team has begun as an example.

https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,33833.0.html
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Aug 2016, 02:41 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Aug 2016, 08:53 »
Okay, thank you, but i think, i will rest with the german one :D
Fire and Blood!

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Aug 2016, 13:08 »
Okay, thank you, but i think, i will rest with the german one :D

In case you change idea in the future, we will welcome you with widely open arms  ;)

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Nov 2016, 16:15 »
By the way, I discovered that using Google Translator to translate pages within the German RPG section yields surprisingly accurate results. It is quite refreshing to read these existing stories in english, I have found. So if anyone is wondering what's happening in the German RPG, give the translator a go. :)
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 3. Nov 2016, 01:11 »
I always had not really good experiences with Google Translate, especially in regards of German. Nevertheless, if you say it's worth trying, I will trust you. It's good to have a look at what is currently being worked on in the German RPG section equally  :)

I guess you might also recommend German users do the same thing, in case they were interested in our own precious material  ;)