19. Mär 2024, 11:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The White Council: Discussion and Feedback  (Gelesen 36335 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
The White Council: Discussion and Feedback
« am: 27. Aug 2016, 22:36 »
This is the relative thread of the White Council game, meant to allow the participants to discuss its development, other people to give feedback and new possible users, who might want to join it, to ask for acceptance in the very RPG game.

The White Council game has been an idea of ours even before the establishment of this section: given its iconic relevance in Tolkien's lore and the pivotal characters involved, we thought that it would have been the best work to begin with. The English RPG Team sincerely hopes it will also serve as a proper guidance for anyone approaching to this section for the first time. Just like the White Council intended to counsel the Free People in their time of need. It magnificently symbolises kindness and unity for a greater goal  ;)

Elrond: VectorMaximus
Galadriel: DieWalküre
Gandalf: Fine
Saruman: The_Necromancer0
Erestor: kolibri8
Glorfindel
Círdan
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Sep 2016, 00:14 von DieWalküre »

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
Re: The White Council: Discussion and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Aug 2016, 11:48 »
I want to give my compliments to all participants: you've so far all done an impressive job in writing, language and storytelling. It is a lot of fun to write and it helps me improve my skills of the english language. I am looking forward to the continuation of the council and the tales we will share. :)
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Aug 2016, 13:00 »
It is a lot of fun to write and it helps me improve my skills of the english language. I am looking forward to the continuation of the council and the tales we will share. :)

Lore content, forum cooperation, fun and practice of the language: I really see this as a win-win situation  8-)

I'm thinking about structuring the meeting in multiple events, during a span of, say, 2/3 days. The first night (until dawn) could be centred on the general discussion of the most important topics, like a main overview of the context. The second day could then be appointed to be the meeting that nominates the head of the White Council, even though I still have to come up with a suitable typology to follow (an election, a proclamation by consensus or a single member's proposal?). I guess the third and last day should deal with concrete measures to take and the assembly's final decisions.

Needless to say, in between each meeting there can be space for more intimate talks among certain guests or internal conversations of some characters encompassing memories and past events. Let me know your own considerations  ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Sep 2016, 21:56 »
Sorry, if the progress of the game seems to be halted. Galadriel's address to the White Council will soon arrive. It's just that I was busy with other things.

Besides, I was recently wondering about how many possibilities we have with this theme: we might explore the other meetings (centuries after the first) too and maybe present our own interpretation of the attack on Dol Guldur. I'm sure we will have the opportunity to do great deeds together  8-)

Goodnight  ;)

VectorMaximus

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Sep 2016, 05:06 »
I would post, but I've recently moved into my college (university by European standard), and my free time is at an all time low. I will make an effort to get out the next Elrond pov though.
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Sep 2016, 18:21 »
Take all the time you need, and good luck with university (I'm going to start my classes soon too). Alongside matters that concern the development of the game, we are obviously more than entitled to manage our participation here and to find solutions to suit anyone's needs  :)

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Sep 2016, 21:28 »
Of course nobody should feel any sort of pressure as a part of any of our RPG works, this is never a good circumstance for creative writing I would say. As Walküre said earlier, just continue whenever you get to it and when you are in the right mood. I look forward to how the other council members will react, but I will wait patiently until the right time has come.

In the meantime, I am finishing up the Siege of Dol Guldur on the german RPG, which will probably happen tomorrow. So yeah, I keep myself occupied ;)
RPG:

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #7 am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:13 »
Would it be possible for someone to move the game along? Not immediately of course but when your time allows it, I've got a Saruman pov ready but it would work best as a reaction to something, such as somebody entering the library or the next phase of the council being called. Again, don't rush, just whenever possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:55 »
We decided to move forward to the meeting of the second day, meant to choose the leader of the White Council (elected by the majority of the members) and to indicate its precise role. Vector is willing to call for the second assembly as soon as he can; I guess you're nonetheless more than free to add your piece to the narration now, provided that it didn't refer specifically to the second meeting or that it didn't need the second meeting to begin (Elrond is the only one authorised to start the talks).

Sorry for not having informed you about this, but we were discussing in our internal forum and this topic was brought out as well. As always, the malicious Wise plot behind the White Wizard's back  :D

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #9 am: 5. Okt 2016, 15:20 »
And then you guys wonder why Saruman turned evil... :D
I'll keep my piece for now, see if I can fit it anywhere later. Looking forward to the seconds meeting.  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 16. Okt 2016, 01:25 »
Galadriel has accepted the refusal of Gandalf to be appointed as the leader of the White Council. After all the other members of the assembly have announced the candidate they want to lead them, we should proceed with the actual election. And, dealing with this aspect, I want to share these considerations.

Galadriel is willing to abstain from expressing other preferences and she will therefore abstain from voting any of the ones proposed by the others. With her abstention, I want to give the sense that she's quite sceptical about whatever outcome is to result from that election; that is, she will never be fully convinced by the final choice of the council (and the future events will prove her right).

That attitude will also introduce one of the factors at the root of the unfriendliness (destined to grow ever more manifest as time passes by) between Galadriel and Saruman: the fact that the most authoritative member of the White Council had not supported his candidacy from the beginning was always regarded, by the White Wizard, as a symbol of disloyalty and distrust in his rule.

But abstention also means that Galadriel won't participate actively in the discussion that will then indicate Saruman as the most favoured proposal. Is Elrond going to abstain as well, or will he eventually agree with the other guests about Saruman? I would really like to explore the beginning of the hostility between those two characters, starting from this pivotal occasion, even though I don't want her to seem too much passive or unwilling to take part in the talks. What do you think?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 15. Jan 2017, 17:04 »
If you don't have any objection to that, I will proceed with ending the meeting of the White Council with the final response of Galadriel. Then, I'm planning to make a very small digression in the in-between period before the beginning of the second meeting. By that time, Saruman will have elected Isengard as his stable dwelling and started to immerse himself into the lore of the Rings of Power (trying to retrieve some of the lost and forgotten arts). We'll then discuss what the main topics of the second meeting will be centred on  :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 29. Jan 2017, 15:14 »
Ok, I set all the pieces for the second meeting of the White Council to officially start. Before immersing ourselves in the events, I'm planning to do a brief digression (something that occurred just some time prior to the second meeting). Of course, were you to have other digressions to explore in mind (a particular adventure of Gandalf during his journeys or some reminiscences of Saruman), you're more than welcome to express yourselves.

In my opinion, due to the gravity of the situation, the second meeting ought to be characterised by more resentful/hard feelings, heated discussions (via the usage of quite brief posts) and, overall, a much more lively climate. You don't absolutely have to worry about time or boundaries of space (there are none), because we can easily alter the time of the narration at our own will. Another aspect, which would certainly be interesting to focus on, could be the story-telling activity of each character, who might be willing to make the assembly aware of particular memories or happenings; for example, Fine might be keen on telling us what was like to confront Sauron in Dol Guldur. The scopes for creativity are really vast indeed, and we should consequently take advantage of that.

As always, if you have any doubt or if you want to put forward a certain strategy, every suggestion is well accepted here  :)

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
« Antwort #13 am: 30. Jan 2017, 10:15 »
I agree with the more serious and, in some way, passionate tone of the upcoming discussion. For Gandalf, I would like to start the meeting with him giving a full report of his foray into Dol Guldur; but I do not have any previous digressions planned. I will wait until everyone is ready to join the Council Meeting and then start if off with Gandalf's tale, if that is okay with all of you.
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 30. Jan 2017, 11:38 »
Ok, I'm perfectly fine with that. My digression narrates an event occurred immediately after the discovery of Gandalf. It is connected with it, but it doesn't involve him directly.

Obviously, as it's easily intelligible, Saruman will eventually refuse to assault the fortress. But I'm sure it will be very interesting to portray the heated discussion which is to take place. Necro will have to defend his position against very determined opponents  xD