[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Discussions, Feedback and Proposals

The White Council: Discussion and Feedback

(1/11) > >>

Walküre:
This is the relative thread of the White Council game, meant to allow the participants to discuss its development, other people to give feedback and new possible users, who might want to join it, to ask for acceptance in the very RPG game.

The White Council game has been an idea of ours even before the establishment of this section: given its iconic relevance in Tolkien's lore and the pivotal characters involved, we thought that it would have been the best work to begin with. The English RPG Team sincerely hopes it will also serve as a proper guidance for anyone approaching to this section for the first time. Just like the White Council intended to counsel the Free People in their time of need. It magnificently symbolises kindness and unity for a greater goal  ;)

Elrond: VectorMaximus
Galadriel: DieWalküre
Gandalf: Fine
Saruman: The_Necromancer0
Erestor: kolibri8
Glorfindel
Círdan

Fine:
I want to give my compliments to all participants: you've so far all done an impressive job in writing, language and storytelling. It is a lot of fun to write and it helps me improve my skills of the english language. I am looking forward to the continuation of the council and the tales we will share. :)

Walküre:

--- Zitat von: Fine am 29. Aug 2016, 11:48 ---It is a lot of fun to write and it helps me improve my skills of the english language. I am looking forward to the continuation of the council and the tales we will share. :)

--- Ende Zitat ---

Lore content, forum cooperation, fun and practice of the language: I really see this as a win-win situation  8-)

I'm thinking about structuring the meeting in multiple events, during a span of, say, 2/3 days. The first night (until dawn) could be centred on the general discussion of the most important topics, like a main overview of the context. The second day could then be appointed to be the meeting that nominates the head of the White Council, even though I still have to come up with a suitable typology to follow (an election, a proclamation by consensus or a single member's proposal?). I guess the third and last day should deal with concrete measures to take and the assembly's final decisions.

Needless to say, in between each meeting there can be space for more intimate talks among certain guests or internal conversations of some characters encompassing memories and past events. Let me know your own considerations  ;)

Walküre:
Sorry, if the progress of the game seems to be halted. Galadriel's address to the White Council will soon arrive. It's just that I was busy with other things.

Besides, I was recently wondering about how many possibilities we have with this theme: we might explore the other meetings (centuries after the first) too and maybe present our own interpretation of the attack on Dol Guldur. I'm sure we will have the opportunity to do great deeds together  8-)

Goodnight  ;)

VectorMaximus:
I would post, but I've recently moved into my college (university by European standard), and my free time is at an all time low. I will make an effort to get out the next Elrond pov though.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln