19. Mär 2024, 05:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Age of Mythology  (Gelesen 19529 mal)

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Age of Mythology
« Antwort #15 am: 5. Jun 2017, 23:38 »
Oh, lord Zeus the cloud assembler, Age of Mythology!

You speak about memories, but I still play it with some old friends from time to time (apart from CIV V, AoE II, Rise of Nations and the like). This game, and BFME II are two of the games I've played the most (In contrast to AoM, I have played BFME II almost always in single player).

The artwork was amazing, the units and variety was impressive and, let's be honest, it introduced me to the mythology per se.

I loved to rotate between all factions when playing, but the atlanteans... well... the myth units were ok and the powers were great, but that ichthyo-roman-greek look was not very pleasing to me.

I've heard about a new expansion about chinese mythology, but it looks like a very sloppy work to me, have you tried it?

PD: I would send you, bronze-armored achaeans, right to niflheim if you want a match!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Jun 2017, 18:10 »
The whole campaign is a precious jewel, in my opinion. It is quite hard to pick a specific scenario, because everything is so much connected and tension/climax is marvellously built up during the story. If I really have to choose, though, I would say that the Egyptian part of the journey is quite adventurous, and all the characters involved have great chemistry among each other (in the sense that you can easily be sympathetic with their cause and sense their unity of intent). The last episode is equally intriguing, and I've always found the concept of Zeus' blessing absolute genial! Said that, I must confess that my favourite part of the admiral's voyage is the Trojan War: I have so many memories of those initial scenarios, since those are the first challenges you are put in front of and the chapter that regards the fall of the very Troy (the nocturne mission) is immensely characteristic. Troy's monumental walls have always fascinated me as a child; and those legendary walls are to be in my map too, obviously. Give me some more time and I will unveil my art ;)

Yes, Canis, I tried the new Chinese civilisation some time ago, but I wasn't so much impressed by the result. It is certainly an important addition, yet I always perceive it as not exactly a part of the iconic tradition of the game. I guess it is quite natural, being the Chinese the latest ones that joined the club. Those new elements are nonetheless fun to play. If you have the opportunity to play them, I suggest you give it a try :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 9. Jun 2017, 23:00 »
Shall we take a moment to talk about Medusa? It doesn't matter whether it is the most valiant unit or most terrible mythical creature, anything of flesh is killed by her deadly gaze! A one-shot exterminating ability that probably makes her the most gruesome and dangerous unit of the entire game. Another reminder of Hera's grudge and will of vengeance [ugly]

The Kraken? It doesn't matter either :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GrIJLWISdlQ

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #18 am: 10. Jun 2017, 12:39 »
Bloody hell  :D. I don't remeber in game can the mythical unit pratically petrify every unit in game (except heroes) or only basic unit? i remeber via Perseus every type of unit  [ugly]
We should introduce such ability in Edain also :D :D. Diewalk if i recall correctly there is an ability of Galadriel that turns troll into stone?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 10. Jun 2017, 12:47 »
Yes, it's true! Blessed Galadriel can irradiate the lost light of the Two Trees, captured in her golden-silver locks. What a coincidence!

Correct. Medusa can petrify both units and mythical creatures such as colossal statues or cyclops. This makes Medusa really deadly. Greek civilisation has probably the most terrible choice of divine powers and mythical creatures 8-)

And don't forget that Hera is only available to Zeus! An exceptional case of combination; the other one is Loki with the goddess of the underworld.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 16. Jun 2017, 22:18 »
The iconic opening of this game, which in all hearts joy and memories rekindles 8-)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GuPA2OgylO0

I now realise how many things this prologue prophesies. The great battles of the admiral, mythical monsters that will have to be slain and the possible menace of the King of the Titans returning in the world to impose his dark rule again. Other interesting hints are the aiding presence of Athena and the betrayal of the Sea-god (the trident that falls off and nearly hits the hero).

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #21 am: 17. Jun 2017, 01:10 »
It's always a pleasure to see this opening trailer, full of epic scenes. Also the isparation of Zeus in form of thunderbolts reminds me the war cry of Arkantos, which temporary boosts the melee attack of the surrounding units  8-) Could be another hint?
Very cool also the logos with the globe and the three civilization , and Nidhogg chasing Pegasus  xD

P.s : various parts of the armor of the Greek warriors reminds me a Roman armor, look at the shoulder plates for example. The arsenal seems to be mixed (the helmet is instead purely of the hoplites). What do you think DieWalküre? And also  the sword of the protagonist is similar to the Roman gladius? (Maybe the protagonist is a Roman himself having visions of past Greek mythic battles?)
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Jun 2017, 01:35 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 17. Jun 2017, 13:57 »
Interesting theory. I've never thought about a possible Roman involvement. In my eyes, he does look like a Greek hero, or the admiral of Atlantis! It may be that those were simple ruins of a temple and that the hero had glimpses of what was to occur.

Besides, I will soon unveil my map regarding the Trojan War. Stay tuned! :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 21. Jun 2017, 19:04 »
Well, it seems we have come to the moment of truth! I won't indulge myself in very long explanations, as I would like each image to speak for itself.

The concept is not so much intricate. The Greek host, with many legendary heroes at its head, has just landed on the beach and established a base. The troops are preparing for war and within the encampment one may find everything to collect resources from. The wooden walls are the only defence between the host and the deadly environment that lies outside the camp...

The desolated waste is full of snares and dangers, yet one could always turn the menace into an advantage, if the hazard is avoided and some elements used in the proper way.

Then, we have the pearl of the entire campaign: the monumental Troy with its colossal walls. The city is structured in three levels. The first is the dwelling of the civil population and of the common businesses (economy), in the second the Trojan army has its barracks and armouries, and the third is the sacred ground of shrines and temples of different kinds (an enchanted forest inside the very city). Last but not least, the apex is the forbidden acropolis, home to the royal family and seat of three major sanctuaries.

Obviously, as you may expect, heathen gods take part in the conflict for one or the other side. The two main sides are the gods who aid the Greeks and the ones for Troy. I disseminated the map with very important hints at which deities side with who, and some of them are quite evident. I would like you to make some attempts and guess the supporting deity, because I'm cruel and I want you to suffer. Also, I too take part in the war, vanquishing enemies with the might of the sky and blessing the valiant heroes in need. Furthermore, I fight with a certain god, with whom I have a very bitter rivalry xD

I shall unveil things in details in a later moment.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #24 am: 22. Jun 2017, 21:00 »
Very good map DieWalküre :) it's rich in details :) The resources are well defended, it will not be easy for the Achaean to siege the mighty Troy and its mighty walls. Athena can fight I can see, you modify her stat? What is her special attack? I guess I see Hera within the city, in front of the three major gods statue,  is it her your arch enemy? ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 25. Jun 2017, 22:13 »
Well, it means that I will provide you with some crucial hints. This is the scheme according to which gods and goddesses participate in the war.

FOR THE GREEKS: Hera, Athena, Poseidon and Hephaestus.

FOR TROY: Apollo, Ares, Hades and Artemis.

Zeus remains neutral, as he should be, albeit both sides worshipping him and dedicating to the all-powerful God of Lightning the most majestic temples. If I were you, I would focus on the own hallowed sites outside the city, where mythical creatures protect the wealth of Troy. Can you spot the references? Take also a glance at the Greek fleet; is it defended by mere ships? xD

Oh no, that poor priestess is not the vengeful and vindictive Queen of the Gods. She's just the main priestess of the unified major cults in Troy. As you can see, all major deities are granted honour and respect. Athena's opponent is the God of Battle, of brutal war and sheer violence 8-)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 26. Jun 2017, 00:58 »
Well, it means that I will provide you with some crucial hints. This is the scheme according to which gods and goddesses participate in the war.

FOR THE GREEKS: Hera, Athena, Poseidon and Hephaestus.

FOR TROY: Apollo, Ares, Hades and Artemis.

Zeus remains neutral, as he should be, albeit both sides worshipping him and dedicating to the all-powerful God of Lightning the most majestic temples. If I were you, I would focus on the own hallowed sites outside the city, where mythical creatures protect the wealth of Troy. Can you spot the references? Take also a glance at the Greek fleet; is it defended by mere ships? xD

Oh no, that poor priestess is not the vengeful and vindictive Queen of the Gods. She's just the main priestess of the unified major cults in Troy. As you can see, all major deities are granted honour and respect. Athena's opponent is the God of Battle, of brutal war and sheer violence 8-)

Yes of course because they respect the canons of the poem, that's the scheme  xD and also I explain you why I was focused on the humble priestess: it just seen that model used for Hera in a mod ones:

The opponent is of course Ares   8-)
I can see different mythical units as kraken for example: they are lethal with the ship as well as Medusa is with the units  (one shot one kill) :D :D curiosity: have you ever try to petrify a kraken? Does it work? [ugly]
Also I can see manticore and lions (Apollo-Aphrodite). And also some Egyptian mythical unit such as turtles and phoenixes  :)

P.s.: Diewalküre, I turn back to an ancient and tormenting question: have you ever figured out why the hell the creators exchange the two power of Dionysus and Hephaestus? I mean the first is the God of abundance, the second of smithery  [ugly] it doesn't make sense to give the chin of abundance to a smith  [ugly]
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jun 2017, 01:13 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 26. Jun 2017, 21:46 »
Let us proceed in order: Apollo is the most loved and worshipped deity of Troy and he protects the city with full conviction and endeavour; the symbol of his staunch alliance with the Trojans is represented by the light/fire-related creatures that defend the outer shrines and wealth. You may recognise fiery phoenixes or enchanted birds that can create firestorms with their wings (a Chinese creature), whose power derives from the sun (that is, Apollo). Then, Hades is the major god that decided to aid Troy, providing additional creatures from the underworld, wealth and shadows of dead men. Furthermore, Ares leads some of the royal troops of the grand army, Aphrodite (I had forgotten her!) has sent some of her loud lions to patrol those important routes and Artemis has created a wood around one of those places, summoning her deadly lion-shaped monsters and female hunters (Valkyries!).

Greeks are, one the other hand, aided by the most powerful alliance of gods between the two. As you may certainly know, Paris' Judgement (foolish shepherd!) caused the eternal resentment and hatred of Hera and the mighty Athena. Hera supports the Greek cause in a quite detached way, being her the Queen of the Gods; she arranged a holy sanctuary in the camp, guarded by Medusa and capable of healing even the most serious wounds. Athena will act directly and unceasingly to guide the hosts of the Greeks among all those perilous snares, interfering and neutralising the actions of the hostile deities supporting the enemy; in line with her dynamic and messenger-like nature and motive in the canons, she thus has the opportunity to accompany the player throughout the entire scenario, avoiding a confined or static role. A static characterisation which instead pertains to the Lord of the Seas, as he gathered all his marine monsters to safeguard the Greek fleet and sent in the war his cyclops (commanded by the antagonist of the main campaign). I'm also planning to have him conjure sudden tsunamis and floods against Troy (yes, it's possible now, with the Chinese!). Hephaestus is given a minor role, granting the encampment the finest armoury and weapons.

Of course. It's well possible to petrify that big octopus. I think I tried that one. But her deadly power should nonetheless be able to kill marine creatures also. None might survive her sight! Just a plain transposition in the game of the immense grudge of that poor wife who had to bear the infidelity of her all-powerful husband :D

P.S. A little detail: Athena is present in Troy's acropolis due to the little shrine that was dedicated to her by the people, as it's narrated in the lore. A hopeless attempt and desire not to antagonise the mighty goddess...

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #28 am: 26. Jun 2017, 22:54 »
The maps is well studied and very well balanced in my vision. Now that you explained me better the scheme of the two sides, i understood very well each role of the different units and gods. I like the reference you put, the sun for Apollo for example. Those sun-tower are egyptian but fit very well with the Greek god  xD. I can say the same for the Valkyries, they give the idea of Artemis' hunters as you said  ;).
It is very difficult to foresee the winner, but I must say when you look at the Trojan walls they always look indestructible  [ugly]. The only possible way to siege the city is breaking down the gate :). Unless you have provided the Greek with a quite famous wood-horse designed by the most intelligent among the mortals  :P

Polyphemus is practically an armored warrior in the vision of Aom creators. I always seen him as a shepherd (even if he's a strong and terrible cyclope). 

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 27. Jun 2017, 01:39 »
I still have to figure out how and IF I will actually implement the Trojan Horse in the scenario. I might perhaps come up with quite revolutionary changes: namely, given the intervention of divine deities, there could be tasks to achieve, in order to make the city lose the protection of gods or have it have their influence severely weakened. Maybe, Zeus could also step forth at some point, ending his common neutral behaviour. There are so many possibilities.

As for the balance of power, I suppose that having offended the Queen of the Gods (the vengeful goddess by definition) and the mightiest goddess of all after the six major gods can only mean certain defeat xD