19. Mär 2024, 07:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Age of Mythology  (Gelesen 19531 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Age of Mythology
« Antwort #30 am: 29. Jun 2017, 18:27 »
As you may notice, there are also some elements that suggest the involvement of Uranus: the ruined statues on the cliff and the palace/star observatory in the area of the temples. Well, I envisaged them as a reminder of an ancient Trojan cult dedicated to the titan. An ancestral connection that could support Troy in the most desperate time. ERGO: look at the passages... ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #31 am: 30. Jun 2017, 13:58 »
Yesss i didn't recognize it firstly, because i don't play the game since a long time. How does it work? Is the passage a special power of Uranus?
Speaking about personal culture i didn't know trojans were devoted to Uranus in ancient times

I just love the art concept of Aom, all depictions are very expressive and make the gods realistic   (**)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 30. Jun 2017, 15:58 »
No, this is just the product of the infinite mazes of my broad imagination :D

Given that Troy is a very ancient city, I wanted to feed this antique connotation and show that Trojans worshipped the titan as a heathen cult, before the coming of the classical gods. Cult that still persists with the passages. The one in the sacred area is connected with another one, beyond the cliff that surrounds the scenario. It will be the passage via which the survivors and refugees of the city are going to flee from the massacre. Furthermore, the study of the stars is a common theme throughout the oldest civilisations, such as the Pre-Columbus ones or Babylon. Ancestral times. Ancestral knowledge.

Fingolfin König der Noldor

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #33 am: 30. Jun 2017, 17:36 »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #34 am: 1. Jul 2017, 00:27 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #35 am: 1. Jul 2017, 15:55 »
The new DLC, comprising the Chinese civilisation, has reworked the main theme :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CdsZ92xUqDg

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Jul 2017, 23:31 »
Another little survey for the gentle attendees of this thread: which is your all-time favourite hero and mythical creature of the game? If you also explained the reason, that would certainly be great. I will unveil mine in good time ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #37 am: 11. Jul 2017, 00:31 »
Well my dear Diewalkure, i would say it depends on the culture and on the role of the unit:

Greek : Medusa because the well-known ability  against single targets [ugly]. Colossus because it is tanky and has a unique ability in game :).

Egyptian: Avenger because the Aoe and double sword, they are cool [ugly].
Scarab instead are a very good siege monsters :)

Norse: Mountain and Frost Giants. The first one because are tanky, devasting against structure, and good also against heroes and units. The second one bacause the freezing ability can be very useful strategically speaking, and as i remeber are not bad also against structures. 

About Atlantean i don't remember so much, at least not to give a proper opinion. Because i played less with the expansion.
I cannot say for now about heroes. I didn't use them so much as i remember (outside the campaign of course).
In campaign Arkantos wins because he's versatile and changes many forms  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 11. Jul 2017, 19:05 »
It's really great to hear that you have such a good taste. Unsurprisingly, my favourite mythical monstrosity is Medusa, as her lethal powers are absolutely brilliant and because all of that resulted from Athena's curse. Then, my favourite hero in the game is Athena, even though she's not playable (being her a goddess); apart from the dismay of such a situation, my favourite hero of the campaign is Reginleif, the 1028-year-old valkyrie who aids heroes in their quest and boasts healing abilities.

It has always struck me how it's possible to have mythical creatures that are also heroes, sounding this as a counter-sense (given the bloody relationship existing between the two categories).

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #39 am: 12. Jul 2017, 02:35 »
yeah I remember her. The spear-thrower :) I like her too. The healing abilities are more rare in Aom with respect to bfme, so they are strategically very unique :)
You raised a good point: there's an eternal conflict between the two categories. Theoretically they couldn't exist in the same character at the same time  [ugly]. I agree that is a strange interpretation by the creators of the game. Look at Polyphemus for example : how the hell you can see him as an hero. I would define them not as heroes but "chieftain". Very smart and charismatic creatures that are able to guide their own kin, a sort of tribe leader I would say. Something anyway very different from traditional humanoid heroes, distinguishable in game by the characteristic golden aura :)
I would introduce probably this new category if I was a modder. Making these special  creatures recruitable in the temple with some favor cost ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 13. Jul 2017, 01:05 »
In my opinion, it's nonetheless great and very much intriguing to see that even the hideous mythical creatures or the most gracious ones (Valkyries!) can have the honour to become legendary heroes. The case of my favourite hero is really interesting: a valkyrie endowed with healing powers who is also a valiant heroine. What could you ask more? (**)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #41 am: 13. Jul 2017, 01:46 »
In my opinion, it's nonetheless great and very much intriguing to see that even the hideous mythical creatures or the most gracious ones (Valkyries!) can have the honour to become legendary heroes. The case of my favourite hero is really interesting: a valkyrie endowed with healing powers who is also a valiant heroine. What could you ask more? (**)

Well, i guess you catch the only case in which the mythical creatures in exam are "humanoid" so to say  :D. The Valkyries are in fact special warriors, the handmaidens of Odin. I would say they serve him like angels serve god in Christianity. We can consider them "pure" and noble such that they can become heroes.

In case of Polyphemus is different imo : i prefer to see him as the great chieftain of cyclops. The definition as hero is not suitable. The cyclops, like other monsters, can be very cruel and out of control: not the usual characteristics of a great hero  [ugly]

Fingolfin König der Noldor

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #42 am: 13. Jul 2017, 07:22 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #43 am: 13. Jul 2017, 15:52 »
Das ist echt toll und völlig fantastisch! Sehr gute Ankündigungen für die Zukunft!

I had already seen that on Steam, as an advertisement, but I didn't know that so much would be added in the new version. Well, it's very comforting to know that the lore and memory of these games is still alive among the community. I wonder whether they have planned something even for Age of Mythology; a new civilisation or an unedited campaign. We'll see what the future times are to bring to us :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #44 am: 14. Jul 2017, 22:23 »
Family portrait ;)