21. Mai 2024, 15:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Opinion on New Voice Overs for Heroes  (Gelesen 7656 mal)

Der Dunkle König

• Seher der Elben
  • Er, der in Macht ersteht
Re: Opinion on New Voice Overs for Heroes
« Antwort #15 am: 4. Sep 2016, 00:07 »
Well... not necessarily. I remember FG saying that he didn't know that some voice actors in the English version were the same as the original actors, and the reason that they changed the voices was because none of the German voices were of the original voice actors. It was not because of the atmosphere like you said, but because of the voice actors, those are two different things.
Some of the German voices actors in the vanilla game aren't the correct ones from the movies, but some are, for example: Otto Mellies as Saruman, Wolfgang Condrus as Elrond, Joachim Höppner as Gandalf - and these three heroes use lines from the vanilla game and from the movies in the German version. Movie quotes and generic vanilla sentences are combined.

And I don't agree with you about voice actors and atmosphere being different things. In the vanilla game, it was very disturbing and horrible for the atmosphere to hear the wrong voices for some of the characters. To me, personally, the voices of characters in movies, tv serials etc. are often more important than their faces and transport more of the 'feeling' and the characters emotions.

But I just wanted to correct your statement about the German voice actors; as I don't play the English version, this discussion isn't very important to me.

"Außerhalb der Weltkreise werde ich niemanden verfolgen denn außerhalb der Welt ist nichts. Doch innerhalb der Welt werden sie mir nicht entkommen, bis sie in das Nichts eintreten."

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #16 am: 4. Sep 2016, 02:41 »
Everything is fine with the voices. I like the ones from movies. However some particular characters (custom) could be given a better voice.

The choice of Helegwen voice over is strange. She is just an archeress, not that badass, sexy, immortal queen who ravaged entire kingdoms. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the magnificient voice of Charlize Theron but just Ravenna's quotes don't suit Helegwen so much.

Zaphragor's quotes are not so suitable too. When I heard his voice over for the first time I thought he is a fanatical kidnapper and rapist who keeps shouting about survival and whatever crazy things. Especially when a girl's cries could be heard during one of his quotes.  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Sep 2016, 02:59 von TheDarkOne »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 4. Sep 2016, 04:27 »
The choice of Helegwen voice over is strange. She is just an archeress, not that badass, sexy, immortal queen who ravaged entire kingdoms. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the magnificient voice of Charlize Theron but just Ravenna's quotes don't suit Helegwen so much.

I find it very suitable instead. The conceptual reference to Angmar is really interesting: the bitter Winter symbolises the power of the cruel Queen that vexes an otherwise fertile realm, just as the arrival of Winter in the North symbolises the presence of the Witch-king and the establishment of his own evil reign. The ice/winter motive is thus well prominent in both cases.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 4. Sep 2016, 14:03 »
In my opinion is current version is good. (Movie sounds for the movie heroes and other soundset for the fictional characters (like Narin, Helegwen etc). The movie was the inspiration for the game, and the movie's  soundset gives more mood of the movie.