19. Mär 2024, 11:21 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Conversations in Doriath: Discussion and Feedback  (Gelesen 15082 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Conversations in Doriath: Discussion and Feedback
« Antwort #30 am: 5. Mär 2017, 16:31 »
Ok, I will proceed to continue in that direction. I'm going to make sure that the style remains informal and the tone not so much solemn. Writing essays in these circumstances would divert us from the scope of the situation.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 11. Mai 2017, 00:42 »
So, Lúthien has eventually been introduced in the narration. As a character, I constructed her and imagined her as a genuinely buoyant and positive princess, fascinated by the simplest yet most important aspects of life. Her heart is pure and wholly clear from any desire for power or revenge. A quite stark contrast with Galadriel.

Personally, I have always deemed her the mightiest Elf of all times. Mightier than any High King of Middle-earth or Valinor itself (Vanyar included). She, who tore Sauron's fortress down, bent Mandos' adamant judgement and even subjugated the very Morgoth with her melody 8-)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 5. Jun 2017, 12:51 »
The banquet has now concluded. I'm open to suggestions as to how we can continue the narration :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #33 am: 6. Okt 2017, 17:06 »
I noticed and got to terms with the fact that discussion boards have been quite silent, lately. I beg your pardon. I may have gone too far and deep in the story-telling, without giving the proper explanations of what I plan to do or where I want this story to proceed. Said that, I promise I will hereafter provide more insights. This space ought also to be used for the purpose, for this is its prime function. Something not so viable to do in the RPG Library, unless I deal with poems.

At the present state, I'm willing to explore Galadriel's and Melian's memories of Valinor in a quite thorough way, making usage of the words of whom has dwelt there in the first place, prior to the kindling of the Sun and the Moon. Particularly, it is of much interest for us that Galadriel is reflecting on how the Valar are used to behaving, when it comes to punishment or retribution against crimes of any sort. The memory of rebellion is still vivid in the hearts of the Noldor, thus tormenting their conscience a bit, although we know that the House of Arafinwë was not involved in the killing of the Teleri during the tragic happenings of Alqualondë. This introduces also the theme of Melkor being chained in the Gaol of Mandos for a three-era period and his following release by decree of the Valar themselves; the latter was utmost cause of distrust from the Noldor's part, as they perceived Manwë's ruling weak and wobbly, to the point of the Powers being accused of being partly responsible for the end of the Eternal Day.

Pivotal matter, as you may read. Or, as we say in Italy: a lot of meat on the fire ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 27. Okt 2017, 14:31 »
Lúthien will now join the nocturnal conversation between Galadriel and Melian, providing that genuine and sincere kind touch to the narration, for she is a maiden of pure heart herself, alien to hatred of any sort or even resentment, if not for the crimes committed by Melkor and his numerous minions. She's also far from sheer ambition, when it solely encompasses power and the longing for might, which is a very recurrent of a theme in the entirety of Tolkien's writings. Lúthien is thus reluctant to fight, unless it is for a just cause and for love, the latter being the paramount thread that is to characterise her iconic deeds and unite all these aspects together, in a sole epic saga. She therefore brings buoyancy of the sincerest type, that's for sure, toning down the discussion a bit and making it more amicable in general terms. In my opinion, she also embodies in the perfect manner that innocent trait of the people of Beleriand, who just desire to live in peace and to be left alone, as much acquainted with the Evil's snares they had got in time. Alas, doom is to be upon the realm of Doriath and very grim moments are ahead of those noble characters.