[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Library

Conversations in Doriath

<< < (14/15) > >>

Walküre:
NERWEN: ''My Queen, thy sight is the sight of the Angels and with thy wisdom of what need be for good I am for the most content. It is indeed an honour to speak such words and predictions in the company of one of the Ainur, blessed and clear from flaws. Future shall test all, at one point of the journey, and it might be that a broader truth will be presented to thee, Thy Majesty. Before such pending revelation, I shall wait and beg for little more time still. My mind hath turned into the dreariest maze and my heart is not up yet to the task of reminiscing what was. Yet, gracious Melyanna, even though I fail at words now and wander in the path of uncertainty, thou shalt be told the tale thou wantest to hear, and then the portrait will be full and complete in its fashion; plain to fathom and see through, with eyes keen and sharp as thine. Lances that all pierce and unveil. He who demandeth shall be given just response. He who seeketh shall find the object of the quest. The mourning maiden is to wail and despair, unto the time of pleading aid and rescue, for the ill-made will be restored anew in the gravest hour of all and the palace shall burn deep, down to the roots, prior to the landing of hope.''

Walküre:
MELYANNA: ''Is this what your eyes have seen, Princess? It seems to me that your sight is wider and keener than when you and your noble court had made for the path of exile, here. It is thus true that strife and battle, violence and grief might make one wiser of the world. And you are to see further, joyful maiden. You bear a power in your heart. You harbour yearnings and longings that shall lead your way far and through the meanders of this sad earth of ours. A very grim present. And even now, your words sounded lapidary and plain as the common divination of my People of Aman. You might have foreseen what is to be of these territories beyond the sea. You may have predicted frames and gleams of a future that is still unclear for us all. It is a sign of destiny! It means you were verily meant to experience the bitterness of the ice, so that you would come to the lands of sorrow; in my kingdom, for a pupil I have always desired. One that carries on the legacy of our old wit and the memory of these carved halls. One who is apt for learning the secret of magic and incantations. One that is strong and may endure; and you are strong indeed, Princess, the mightiest of your kin. Despite the fog of doom that encroaches these perilous ways, you saw and beheld the final verdict of all, even though you cannot fully comprehend now. The portrait is still incomplete. Yet, it was the proof I longed for and needed. You are welcome to stay, gracious lady, if that is what your heart wants the most.

In your words, the fumes of the Evil shall eventually cover all, until hope finally comes, but it shall only come via routes of water and sundering waves.''

Walküre:
NERWEN: ''It is so, I reckon now. My vision seemed not a maze of mine; maze of thoughts, fears or joys. It was indeed a manifestation of what is to await us all, albeit me failing still to grasp the kernel of such divination. I hope I shall read into my dreams and foreseeing; foreseeing that felt ominous and harbinger of troubles. And thy words have spoken possible fate, my Queen. Are we to suffer and wail at that extent, unto the solving of our plight? I trust the rule dwelling in the blessed lands of Aman; certain I am that forgiveness shall move the hand of the Powers once again, so that the exile will have end for good. And my noble family shall fight fiercely and set out with the firmest will; most of these efforts are to drive our fortunes in tempestuous tides, as are the tides separating us from the continent in which naught is made to fade. Much is yet to be fathomed, I guess, for our knowledge of this new world need be broadened still. Thus, should thou favour my pleasant response, I shall accept the invitation and I thank thee with full gratitude. May thy halls in the stone avail our doing and purpose, for much wit ever aideth those who seek to succeed.

Her Majesty hath granted me the best of the gifts, within the defence of a kingdom of old. Endurance, science and arcane riddles. Joyful spirit and courteous manners inside a palace of might. I praise your mood, people of Doriath. Ye will linger in Arda, I am sure, in memories or tales, even if luck is turned into tragedy and your walls fall down in ruinous sort. I shall bear you all in the fortress of my heart, where lie ambitions, dread and reminiscences of the Eternal Day which is no more!''

Walküre:
MELYANNA: ''Truly, your sight has grown keener since your arrival, here, within my kingdom and in these shires of grief. You saw something that might be. You foresaw a tiny fraction of the future events we are bound to live through, whether it be in good or lesser fortune. And sight is the highest among the powers of knowledge; the veil of doubts shall be pierced by one's gaze and anything that acquires strength in the shadow is to have its woeful schemes uncovered. Ruin shall you predict, from afar, and even when the vision lacks clear shape, you will fathom the founding meaning of such epiphany, beyond the mazes of time as they befall. This is the prowess that is seldom bestowed upon the ones who are not counted among the Angels who were prior to the first dawn of Eä; thus, a very rare of a gift, Princess. You ought to honour that miraculous privilege. And yours is a faculty destined to be rendered greater throughout the ages of the world, for I saw not death nor void in your future being; I did not, wise guest. You are born as strongest of your kin and fairest in equal manner, blessed by a day that ceased not, into the Immaculate Reign that is now forbidden to your court. Also, you were born as maiden of vigour and mightiest in the lore of Aman. And in the ancient lore shall you dwell for other centuries still.

My Princess, your science will be given the chance to get wider and open to the arts of magic, should you elect the staying in our stone-made halls.''

Walküre:
Lúthien approaches and joins the conversation.

LÚTHIEN: ''I knew I would find you here. The new Moon shines brighter tonight, as if it knew that many are in need of light, when the shadow is cast upon our shires.

I think not that the coming of your noble kind shall be only plagued by woes, gentle Nerwen. You are the proof that wisdom and a pious soul may indeed change the course of events for the better, and your family is greatly renowned for such splendid qualities even across the sea that once divided our paths. And I suppose we came into the world around the same age, Princess, albeit you being delighted and blessed to have commenced your life in the eternal Day of Valinórë, which I saw not, for Beleriand was as it is today, and clearly I may remember that birds would sing melodies of joy at my passage among the woods of this kingdom. What differed from the present, however, was that the Enemy was safely behind the bars of the gaols of Aman and none would dare think that he could escape one day, after having spread such venom in the very dwelling of the Archangels. And I do sense your pain, grand maiden. I feel how much hard was to take the route across the deadly ice of the world; death-bringing routes, verily, if not for the mighty Powers or kindred spirits. And I may imagine that departure from your beloved parents was the greatest wound you have had to take so far, leaving paradise and heading to the shores of suffering, as the Eldar of the Undying Lands have named our territories. This saddens me, that such a marvellous guest has to undergo the pain and gloomy remembrance of the past, bearing it as heavy burden on the shoulders of innocent ones. Yet, if you say that the Evil had to be chased and hunted down at all costs, even to the detriment of divine trust, I feel like believing such compelling words of yours. Because none better than us know that the flower growing amidst adversity is the fairest of all, although the risk of death is ever-present and good things do remain so, if one is truly ready to protect them. Thus the reason for our defensive means, which are deed of my mother, and the reason why anything of value should be safeguarded behind a curtain of security, whether it be through sharp blades or uncanny spells. And so I may comprehend why your court has deemed it well to pass the border of law and chase the vicious one unto our very place, in order to give just retribution to the worst of the crimes, for the light that once was is now lost and none who beheld it not may again. Beside the reasons of such quest, my sight is not enough keen to pierce that veil of unknown visions and seek for truth, yet I do dream, sometimes, and get the utmost thought that something greater guides our doing and that this new era shall end as you told us, Princess. It shall end with resolution of some sort, good or ill, but a resolution nonetheless. Too many woes create the condition for decisive wars and events, which unfold later and bring about the consequences of one's choices. We just have to pray that all is not to crumble below our feet and that victory shall not be with much tragedy as well. But clear predictions are often vain parlance, at a so early time. We shall try to live through the trouble and survive.

If there is much that ought to be confronted, you shall see that Middle-earth harbours much love too, which is ancient love and perhaps older than your halls beyond the wavering blue. Many Immortals have elected the way of lingering hither, in a wild continent. And their love for the world is as deep as the deep of the sea, as you will have the chance to experience. Our homes on this earth we want to defend and dearest to us are all fond dwellings, built and kept with care, even if everything we made could fall, one day, as though a curse haunts the destiny of our kind, so that naught that is shall resist the test of time, unless it rests safe within the dominion of the Lords of the West, to whom we abide and give our foremost prayers. Only, noble friend, we are not yet to part from these lands of struggle which have lain for millennia under the darkness, without guards but our own strength. Maybe, never shall we be to bid farewell to this land, I fear. Never will we depart from the mystery of this marred shore. Never will we forsake the love we have been sowing until now, before some of the fruits of our endeavour we will have reaped for the good.''

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln