[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Library

Conversations in Doriath

<< < (15/15)

Walküre:
MELYANNA: ''My daughter spoke well, princess of Aman. With a girdle I rounded these woods and my power pervades anything dwelling here, in the realm of Doriath. And it shall be so until a mightier force comes forth and challenges mine, for among the Angels I am counted, but not all the spirits of Arda I may command. Foul danger or a fate which cannot be swayed towards a chosen goal.

Yet, a shield these shires needed to have. You have seen the slithering evil that always desires to enter our quiet halls, unnoticed. Spies among the Eldar there are not, but much we fear beasts and other sorts of minions in the thrall of the Enemy. And they may not pass through, however, as the barrier searches in every being's deepest will, so that truth is eventually unearthed from tricks or intricate schemes. In one's secret shall my blessing hear and see, to the woe of fell ones, whose rule is hidden in grinding chill.''

Walküre:
NERWEN: ''Gracious maiden, it's always a splendid occasion to speak with thee and folks of thy akin kind. Thou art ever a joy, both for the mind and the eyes, for thy beauty cannot be surpassed by any other immortal maid I have ever beheld across the halls of this world. Indeed, I believe it is so due to the blood flowing in thy veins, which is the blood of the bright Angels governing us and our fate. And thy visage of splendour must really hide an equal potency and wisdom. This I may sense with a quite fair amount of ease and I rejoice at the idea of such noble realm being made even merrier by thy presence, Lúthien of Singing Birds. And I hope that doom, should it actually befall as my and thy words have foreseen, shall spare this kingdom among perils, because the gem that dwelleth in adversity is the fairest of all. And thou and thy people have gifted my kind with the greatest reception possible. One that kings and queens are granted to. I also accept the offer ye have made, and that I do fain.

I would like to remain here, with you. So that I may see the events of this continent unfolding and showing their real colour, which is the right meaning that all hath, at the end of the tale. To see grand armies battling each other for the conquest of soil, and from here shall I pray for our force; may the hosts of the Eldar withstand the challenge and keep the darkness at bay. Until much might is gathered and apt they are for the ultimate strike. The act that is to make the gates of Angband tremble and fall. Before the entrance of hell, whence none hath ever returned, where captives are still held in agony and whither we shall head, one day, for the freeing of this marred earldom of ours. Magic I shall also learn and by the teachings of one belonging to the People serving the Powers and their utmost decree. So that my eyes shall seek new horizons to gaze at, searching through the wonders of this old earth. As long as destiny is willing to permit; as long as the defences of decent ones may hold and bear the brunt. Unto the moment in which terror will be given access to all shires, and this shall be harbinger of a last concluding war.''

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln