28. Mär 2024, 22:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Conversations in Doriath  (Gelesen 20282 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Conversations in Doriath
« Antwort #30 am: 18. Mai 2017, 00:11 »
The banquet was to be concluded in a moment. The pure melody of the prince had pervaded anything within those vast halls of stone, although sadness had not fallen on the guests, but rather a more serious and aware atmosphere. The king seemed not too much moved by such narration, for he knew that only something of grand magnitude would lead the Eldar far from their blessed dwellings; yet it ought also to be noted that his interest began to wander around the idea of three splendid jewels, guardians of a light that no longer was and whose fashion not even a Vala could have mocked. Then, Nerwen got closer to her wise brother, in doubt and feeling terribly guilty.

NERWEN: ''Why will we not confess our crimes against the king's kind?''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 18. Mai 2017, 08:33 »
FINDARÁTO: ''Because, my beloved sister, we ourselves have committed no crime. We undoubtedly bear a grave responsibility on our shoulders, and I doubt someone else would reveal the tragedy, other than us only. Truth and sincerity have always been the lighthouse of our acts, and I have no intention to forswear our own principles. Not now. Yet the current moment would be improper, while so much joy is filling this stone-carved palace. They will know about the sorrowful fate of their kind, but only in the just hour.

I can't divine what the response of the king will be. His fierceness nonetheless suggests that a terrible wrath might be ahead of us.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 18. Mai 2017, 09:29 »
NERWEN: ''I wish our people never had to experience such strife. And destiny made it so that the burden of revelation would depend on our judgement. Very little are the actual murderers keen on telling; that is a very disgraceful of a sin. As it often befalls, the innocent shall try to mend what the guilty left marred, lest more evil be in the proximity to our deeds.

The Queen of Doriath is kindly interested in our struggle. There could never be anything ill in her will; her desire to ease my spiritual suffering is inexorably tied to the atrocity that occurred, of which she does not have knowledge yet. I couldn't tell how long she is to be left in obscurity. I sense it is a matter of time, before she manages to unveil what is hidden, for one shall never succeed in keeping secrets with a Maia.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #33 am: 18. Mai 2017, 12:17 »
FINDARÁTO: ''Alas, we have very little control of our fate, my gentle sister. The fairest of our immortal kind know this well, as words from the Powers had reached their ears.

One doth not have might over what shall be, yet much thou can and do, when will is kindled and thy heart pure.

This I tell you, noble Nerwen. We may have departed from their grace, but we shall never depart from their superior wisdom, for the judgement of the Powers goes beyond matter and time itself.''
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Mai 2017, 11:02 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 19. Mai 2017, 11:06 »
NERWEN: ''And I shall bear your words in the depth of my heart, brother. And may the forthcoming days be sunny for the mighty Noldor of Middle-earth, the majority of whom just cherishes grace and desires retribution for a grave sin.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #35 am: 23. Mai 2017, 09:38 »
ELWË: ''We have ultimately come to the end of this merry feast, my noble attendees. I thus command it be over. And I also ask that all of you be ready to return to your own residences. Tomorrow, your grace permitting, we shall go hunting and wandering throughout the vast green of my realm. The Queen doesn't foresee any menace or cloud that could hinder our propositions. Our guests from the westernmost ends of reality will have the chance to see much and my lands explore. I doubt there is a so lively of a wilderness along the blessed shires; one that could mirror these forests. But naught is that wild within my rule, sons of Arafinwë, for anything may live in liberty and solace; yet our liberty is not at all chaos, nor anarchy. Ours is a guarded kind of liberty.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 23. Mai 2017, 09:54 »
AIKANÁRO: ''Thy majesty, very little is wild within the walls of the Pelóri, which none may breach nor violate; at least, this we all thought until the fading of light. Yet Oromë has broad woods in his government, with them boasting the widest variety of beasts and plants of any sort. He would invite the princes of the Noldor in those forests, to hunt and at the sheer nature rejoice, for akin spaces are not the norm in the realm of the Powers. And the inhabitants of Aman do prefer order and rule, for very far they are from the wonders of this mortal continent.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 23. Mai 2017, 10:01 »
ANGARÁTO: ''A mortal continent, in which peril hides and darkness nurtures the most terrible of his fell creations. A mortal continent, for which we elected departure and exile, abandoning rectitude and the love of many of our kind...''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 23. Mai 2017, 10:12 »
FINDARÁTO: ''A mortal continent, in which we also long to have justice and to preserve the remnants of our past. A past that belongs to any Elda or Firstborn left in the shadow. Of the relic of the primordial light we are now in search, which is the grandest deed of the authoritative Powers beyond the seas, who deeply care for us and whose dismay is for me the heaviest of the burdens.

But we shall not flinch from our duties, until foes get the proper retribution and our case is finally vindicated at the altar of history.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 24. Mai 2017, 23:54 »
The guests are progressively leaving the banquet hall, where the feast had just been merry and very serene. A guard approaches the king and informs him of the outer regular patrols. The monarch arranges new dispositions and takes advantage of the occasion to address the princes of Aman.

ELWË: ''Conduct inspections even along the western perimeter of the woods. We can't solely focus our defence on the menacing North, despite the return of the Dark Lord on his iron seat. Beasts of the wildest breed are seen wandering not far from our borders, each day. They have probably come from the rough mountain passes. Giant spiders have started inhabiting the pits of those hostile ways. But I have come to know something else, my subject: horrendous monsters are gathering in the ravines nearby. Creatures of the night they are, and the Queen perceived that a ghoulish demon could be their puppeteer. I want to discover more of this, soon.

Turning to the Sons of Arafinwë.

Do not dread, my guests, for my guardians have been patrolling those forests for more than 10 centuries. Endurance is our strength, our arrows fly swiftly while tearing the wind apart and our axes are enchanted by magic, hard as diamonds and bright like the far stars. Naught happens without me noticing.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 26. Mai 2017, 19:41 »
FINDARÁTO: ''Eerie woods, wasted plains and foul creatures lurking in the shadows of this mortal wilderness. I suppose that only a nasty force could bring about such threat, my Lord. And I also feel obliged to present apologies, for my conscience now deems my kin responsible for the darkness awakening, another time. The dilemma and our greatest preoccupation will hereafter be the ways and devices to defeat our enemies. An Enemy who always lived in hatred and resentment for anything but himself. And the Noldor have lost their brightest flame too; the grandest commander. The craftsman of what we are now desperately seeking to retrieve from Morgoth. The legacy of the Noon of Valinórë; of our noon as well.

I hope concerted actions shall soon be arranged. All the Firstborns will probably be required to participate in the great contest approaching. We need be ready.''
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Mai 2017, 23:39 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #41 am: 27. Mai 2017, 00:08 »
ELWË: ''Wilderness is not to be found, Prince, where rule is strong and one's mind sure. We shall unite forces with you, yet benevolence and good will must be attributes of the rest of your kin too. It's imperative. Thus I command and this I strongly desire. You, guest from afar, shall soon discern what truly characterises the nature of my kind: an indomitable temperament, but quiet and strongly oriented towards endurance. The same blood that flows in your veins as well. We are the Teleri, who land, shore and forests have as residence, earning affection from the world and longing for peace only.''

The banquet comes finally to its end. Stories were told, songs sung and wisdom shared. A warm assembly within the halls of the underground palace. The Princes didn't have the heart to confess the greatest crime that had led to the curse of their family, without them having had any part in the vicious slaughter. Truth would soon be discovered, they unanimously sensed, even though they weren't keen on creating disunity and anger yet, for all Elves needed and craved unity more than ever, in that particular moment. Resentment would come later.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #42 am: 29. Mai 2017, 00:22 »
Galadriel summons the memory of her beloved parents, far from their kin and considerably anxious about the fate of the quest.

NERWEN: ''Father, mother and all gentle friends whom we left behind in the journey. Nostalgia seems now stronger than ever. I may see you, in my dreams of sorrow and regret, lone rulers of a less lively city. On the throne of Kôr, ye shall indubitably bring wisdom and relief for those who remained. Shall we meet again? This I yearn with unceasing conviction. I foresee many things ahead of us, yet the thread of time is much intricate for my mind to come to a decisive response. But I longed freedom, mother, of the kind one may not find either within the Wall of Valinórë or by the diamond-like harbours of thy family in Eldamar. Father, lands I desired to be in my government, as the Powers govern shires, water, air and beyond. My siblings I would not fain have let depart from my company. Forgive me, father, if thou now bearest grief and preoccupation. However, the radiance of Aman shall never part and my locks are the testimony of bliss before the darkness. May my love reach you across the sea, which now is clouded by eerie mists, so that the ignorance of the West shall be for us an additional struggle to suffer.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #43 am: 5. Jun 2017, 12:10 »
And ignorance was in fact part of the punishment for the rebellion that the proud Houses of the Noldor had decided to start. The ignorance of anything that now occurs on the other shores of Arda. No news, no message and no solace could have then gone beyond the enchanted curtain that the Powers had summoned around their blessed domain and its waters. The two branches of that noble lineage, those who remained and those who left, now live divided lives in two divided continents: the three Houses struggle in the wilderness of the newly-found Beleriand, while the wise Arafinwë sits on the throne of Kôr, having been designated as the king of all Noldor of Aman. Lone of the three great brothers who had the heart to forswear sedition and elect loyalty. It is not clear whether his kin could ever reunite with their father; this could not be told, because anger is still among the Eldar, desire too and the western Lords are unfolding the consequences of such a terrible act. Rebellion is not the sole cause. Slaughter there had been as well, and for this the perpetrators would be bound to ask forgiveness, once the guilt would be cancelled and purified via the most terrible expiation.

Meanwhile, magical mists descended on the sea, which now none could see through or journey unspoiled. The Powers made their mountainous walls even higher and rougher, alongside the forbidden ice that unites the two continents getting even deadlier, so that only a Maia or Vala could have trodden that path. There was no way left for the Noldor to return to the bliss of Aman.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #44 am: 10. Jun 2017, 14:42 »
On the shores of Beleriand, on the western ends, every attempt to send envoys to Aman failed miserably. None returned and the concealment of the Undying Lands becomes more evident as days pass. Dismay and regret begin to breach the gallant hearts of the House of Fingolfin (Ñolofinwë), yet still they are resolute to continue the mission and rectify the wrong that was made to them. But the resilient leader, now supreme High King of the Noldor, wants to entrust some words to the wind, in hopes that they will reach the Lord that all skies and breezes commands.

ÑOLOFINWË: ''Toil, only toil and deadly perils we have hitherto encountered. Desperation mingled with great sorrows. The loss of pure and gentle souls. The betrayal of the one who was supposed to lead us all; he instead chose to be blinded by revenge, abandoning his fellows on the frozen outskirts of the Grinding Ice, which none but the Ainur may go through unspoiled. He now mourneth in the grey Halls of Mandos. His pride vanquished and his ardent will waned...

Now, we must carry on the struggle. The Evil must be defeated and all its wrongs must be remedied. I don't ask for piety nor for a sudden forgiveness. Wrong my kind did too, and of this we shall pay the high price. Only, may His Majesty on the highest peak know that all we do is for a cause we do deem just. The retrieval of the legendary gems: of my kind the legacy and of your grandest labour the testimony. The last testimony that light was once only within your sacred walls. Pray, that light might still serve for the rebirth of what was unjustly destroyed. Should the Jewels be in our government again, I shall give them back to you, Powers of Arda, for to you only they belong.''