28. Mär 2024, 22:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Conversations in Doriath  (Gelesen 20276 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Conversations in Doriath
« Antwort #45 am: 11. Jun 2017, 21:29 »
Zitat
ÑOLOFINWË: ''All-Powerful Regent, we invoke thee in need and despair,
With thee only our true faith resteth, in death and toil,
My hope believeth, this plea of ours shall reach thee via thy breezes,
Upon the highest peak of Arda, where all thou beholdest and Snow-White Varda heareth.

I beg for thy pardon, King of the Powers beyond the sea,
Guilty we are of terrible crimes and thy rule we have foolishly forsworn,
Lone our kind the mortal shires now guardeth,
We shall perhaps retrieve the Jewels and the Dark Vala eventually defeat.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #46 am: 12. Jun 2017, 23:30 »
Even the High Elves of Aman need rest after a long journey and such a lively banquet. Rooms are naturally assigned to the guests. Nerwen is given a room in the most external halls of the palace, from whose windows one may behold the wonders and vigilant solace reigning in the forests of Doriath. From one of these windows, she has some words to hand over the fresh air of the night.

NERWEN: ''Far we are. A sea divideth us. Deadly ice in the North. The way seemeth to have been shut for any repented soul that could be willing to travel back. And challenged I am too, mother of silver composure. Torn inside I am, for the love of our dear we cannot sense, if not through imagination and vivid reminiscences. I hope all is faring well, upon the thrones of Kôr which to you now belong, beloved parents. Yet my flame is nonetheless nourished by the breezes of this mortal continent. Freedom. Much freedom, that sometimes maketh thee feel new sensations and an unknown force, to the point that I may not continue talking about it. How could all these wonders manage to survive without any rule or order that them commandeth? Beauty always findeth a way, albeit in great peril and in hostile fate. This Middle-earth taught me; the flower that blossomed in adversity ought to be cherished and greatly defended.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #47 am: 14. Jun 2017, 14:05 »
GALADRIEL: ''Hither we went, after indescribable perils. Death among our dear kind and beloved gentle faces that take their last breath in this world. Sad, unceasing and implacable the march across the frozen surfaces of those deadly ends. The path which the mightiest of the holy kind only may pass unspoiled. I never imagined that our blood could have resisted such fatigue. The Elven kind is probably apt for the unthinkable quests. And hoping to conquer back what was unjustly stolen, from the hands of the Evil incarnated, is indeed a thought that most of the wise Eldar would dismiss. Yet we are moved by our adamant determination and gallantry. The gallantry of the one that knoweth piety and acteth for justice; no matter the consequences. And the rule of Kôr of many towers we desire to establish over this wilderness of voices and memories. Only the ingenious Noldo might give a reason to sheer lands and a shape to what shape doth not have.''
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Jun 2017, 16:50 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 14. Jun 2017, 16:37 »
But rule is found in purity and good will, my Princess. A spirit of gentleness and justness that some of the Noldor lacked. Don't you remember, proud maiden, the curse that was cast and the oath that was sworn? They shall chase the Blacksmith's House in perpetuity, until those gems are in their possession or the impious souls that spoke those words have their own life taken, mourning in desperation and regretting vengeance. Many deeds and events are still on the horizon of time; sorrows that are yet to poison the gardens of the Eldar in Beleriand. There is a common foe that all ought to contest, in alliance and unity, for naught could stand on the immortals' way. But the weed of discord grows fast and spreads across the land. The control of these lands is a too much ardent of a desire for some to give up resentment and join the fight. Who has the dominion of those three bright jewels shall determine the fate of the Hither-Lands. Only, should the Jewels be destined to disappear or in inaccessible places to be kept, what will eventually be of Beleriand?

Hither-Lands refers to Beleriand; another name with which those territories are known. The title reflects the perspective of the people of Aman, to whom Beleriand is the closest ('hither') mortal land.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #49 am: 14. Jun 2017, 17:06 »
Mandos, in the mysterious halls of his realm, in the westernmost shires of Aman, has been informed of the pleas from the other shore by Manwë and Varda. He has some answers.

MANDOS: ''Regret and grief? I know that ye suffer now, Noldor. Your fiery hearts, rekindled and burnt by your longings, begin to understand. A Vala would not ignore forgiveness and repentance, yet the hour is still early. Ye have not drunk yet the glass of tragedy which your gruesome deeds caused. Ye ask in vain. Proud Noldo, hearken, salvation shall come at the latest time, when a herald of the Children of Ilúvatar shall beg our pardon for thee and the mortal blood. Until then, more thou art to face and survive.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #50 am: 16. Jun 2017, 22:53 »
Nerwen reminisces her old days in Aman. Especially, she recalls her occasional forays out of Valinórë's walls, in the pearl-made harbour of her kin, under the starred sky and among her beloved relatives. She composed some lyrics.

Zitat
NERWEN: ''Soft breeze from the outer shires,
A mortal breath that this haven only reaches,
A gift which is not granted within the bliss, beyond the mighty Walls of the Powers,
Tales, grand deeds and the wilderness' spirit I may feel, brought by the wind.

Maybe, on the other shore one day I shall be, to meet the adventures that me for long awaited.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #51 am: 4. Jul 2017, 18:06 »
Another reminiscence of the princess. A talk with her mother Eärwen, daughter of the Lord of the Teleri of Aman, prior to the Darkening of Valinor and the rebellion of the Noldor.

Zitat
EÄRWEN: ''The wind is changing. I may feel the breeze of the outer shires, in which all must undergo death and the destiny we deem unfortunate. Yet I believe something else maketh such precarious fate desirable for those who are subjected to it. Those who shall be subjected to it. And even our noble kin feeleth and senseth the decay of the mainland, albeit their eternal life which hath naught less than our own. Aye, I feel the wind is changing indeed. It is getting more impetuous, and I dread, my daughter, that it might take thee away from me, someday. For, sometimes, storms on what lieth in those Hither-Lands may be much revealing; it may signal that things are not boding well for us too. Hither, within the defence of the Powers. And stories have already reached my ears, that malaise is creeping among the Noldor of Aman. Bitter resentment and hidden frustration that menace the peace of the inhabitants of the hallowed lands beyond the seas. An illness is growing bold from within, in thy and thy brothers' heart. Longings of many sorts and diverse nature.

Sundering waves, is this what ye long to tell me? Your voices tell many stories and different from one another. They say that water might unveil what is to be, yet I am at a loss. I may not divine the future. The waters seem to be rendered more obscure and less clear than before.

Daughter, thou would disclose thy mind with thy mother, wouldn't thou?''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 5. Jul 2017, 23:18 »
Zitat
NERWEN: ''Mother, on the shore of the sea, may this certainty rest with thee, that great love for my kin I shall always have, and every time for the sake of our kind's noble nature I shall fight. What I deem wrong. What I deem unjust. Enemies and the foul creatures under the starred sky of the outer world, if I may ever have the chance to make this encounter, I shall combat. For my principles I shall wield the sword and my might unleash! Unto the end of the ardent passion, and until my ambition hath finally waned and vanished away.''

Nerwen holds her mother in a warm yet somber embrace.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #53 am: 11. Jul 2017, 00:06 »
Zitat
EÄRWEN: ''Much I dread of thy journey and the path thou hast set thyself on. And fain I would see thee forswear sedition and within the walls of Kôr remain. But thou hast thy own choice to make, in good will and confident spirit, for my love is too great and never shall I chain my kin where they don't desire to stay. Only, may these words of mine be ever in thy mind. Do not ever forget the wisdom of the West, and be the reminiscence of the lost bliss always in thy heart, when darkness seemeth triumphant and the solitude of the mortal shires is about to sway thy conscience. Yet, I tell thee this as I am plainly sure, amidst fear and nostalgia thou shalt probably find love, and kindness and grand deeds. May my love and the one of our House reach you, my sons, even beyond the sea, where hard tests and wonders await your coming. Farewell, my daughter. We shall meet again on these shores of diamond and pearl, at the end of thy adventurous voyage and very long peregrination across the ways of this world.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jul 2017, 01:21 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #54 am: 23. Jul 2017, 16:26 »
The long mental voyage of the Princess has ended. She is alone in her wide room in Elwë's hidden palace. It's night.

NERWEN: ''Mother, the sole remembrance of your visage is cause of solace for my weary heart, even if weary among the mortal ways of the continent I am certainly not. I would fain have a word of comfort from you. I would fain have a word of counsel from my noble father who now reigns in Kôr of many towers. I would fain behold both of you, my beloved parents. But the breeze of this world keeps me here and much excited for anything which befalls within these ends. I long to do much more here, and much is yet to be done by me still. I sense that the grandest number of unthinkable possibilities is ahead of my kind; of our kind. We just have to seize the just opportunity and take our fate in our own laborious hands. Hands that have given life to wonders across the sundering waves. It is not the time to fudge away from our duties; the Evil we have battled already in the very realm of the Powers. The Eldar shall battle it again along the shores of the Hither-Lands, our new home and dwelling. I pray with the utmost concern, that all the smearing tales and mistakes which brought venom to the Houses of the Noldor won't hinder our path again, now that we ought to remain united and staunchly beside one another.

It seems that the bright luminescence of Varda's oeuvres is somehow covered by thick clouds. I shall head out of the hidden ways of this palace for a moment; I need hear the melody of the outer winds and see more clearly the immortal light of the perennial skies.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #55 am: 26. Jul 2017, 15:49 »
While on her way to the gardens of the outside, Galadriel meets the Queen of Doriath in the halls of Menegroth. Her radiance, even in the shadows of the night, is utterly an otherworldly spectacle, worthy of the tales of Valinor.

MELYANNA: ''Princess, thou wanderest lone and silent among the paths of this palace. Art thou sure to proceed this way? I am too heading outside tonight, and I would fain have the company of the Princess of Kôr. After the rising of the new Fires, the night is now embellished by the soft touch of the Moon. It is a great deed, the one that the Power opted to do. The consolation of light shall not abandon these places anymore, for we have dwelt in the darkness of antiquity for too much time. The mortal souls of these ways deserve to be blessed by the warmth of the day, even if it is for determined hours. The Eternal Day of Valinórë may be a lost memory in these days, yet I remember it with vivid images and colours, at the beginning of the lore of this continent. Aye, when the westernmost continent had just been retrieved from the depths of the vast ocean that everything used to encircle. Memories that could never get dim nor pale in my mind, proud maiden of Aman. But I also fancy the solitude of night in Middle-earth. All is quiet along the forests of our domain; nature resteth and nocturnal animals pave their way to the green of the outer places. Such a marvellous ensemble, made even more relevant by its splendid uniqueness in Beleriand. An oasis, in the midst of worrying days for us all.

Please, follow me, Princess. I shall take thee to highest tower of this grand palace, from whence one may see pretty much of what lieth around here. Never hath the beholding of stars been so much gracious up there. I'm sure of this, that heavens shall give good advices and the wisdom one always needeth to change the course of their story.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #56 am: 28. Jul 2017, 14:24 »
Melyanna and Nerwen reach the highest spot of the palace. A balcony from which the vastness of the woodland realm of Doriath may be seen clearly and with the most effective of the effects. A true spectacle for the eye and the soul.

NERWEN: ''Such a marvellous sight Her Majesty hath granted me to behold! A lovely realm among leaves and trees; serenity seemeth to reign over these ways and so I stoutly believe, for thy power embalmeth the place and all that is evil and fell is kept well far from thy borders of sacred defence. I now think about the great woods of the Hunter-Vala in Valinórë, where feral beasts dwell and often my cousins thither used to journey for merry sport. But here, Queen of the illustrious kingdom which for centuries hath successfully endured, naught appeareth wild nor of ill-made fashion.

Akin to the Gardens of the Lord of the Dreams, solace is within these guarded ways and it is a very vital of a comfort even for the weary heart. And our heart is indeed weary and plagued by fatigue, although it also showeth fiery determination and an imperative task to fulfil. Our own task, my bright Queen. I would also be denying the plain state of things, if I were to assess that I do not for a moment long to boast an incredible might of the sort of thine. Magic; magic which serveth and never harmeth the innocent one, who his own life in thy hands hath entrusted. I yearn the power to protect lands and safeguard what I deem precious and just. I desire the holy prowess that healeth the injured ones and the one whose mind hath fallen prey of whatever devilry the Evil may dispose of. I would fain like to learn and study the arts and manners of magic, of which I am already acquainted since my beginning in the Blessed Realm beyond the sundering waves of the great sea.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #57 am: 2. Aug 2017, 00:37 »
NERWEN: ''The Hither-Lands, my Queen. I love thy lands and the breath of sheer freedom that here I may enjoy. And even if naught is able to go beyond the splendour of the Noon of Valinórë, I feel the adventure that dwelleth hither. It is a very antique of a power. The old, much old, force of destiny, blessed by fortune or marred by the snares of the Enemy. Yet I sense clearly that all wounds which were inflicted somehow served a cause. This hath moulded and shaped the path which now we tread. I'm confident that the almighty One doth anything with a just scope. It is hard to behold, clouded by terror and malice; yet there is a just proposition behind.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #58 am: 2. Aug 2017, 15:29 »
MELYANNA: ''Hither-Lands? Is it how the people of Aman named Beleriand, Princess? The lands which you deem, I suppose, near and close to the blessed shores.

It was indeed as you thought. Because the narrow passage that your kind passed was the only way to Aman, yet deadly and forbidden to be journeyed through. But now something has changed in the mind of the Rulers. I may sense it even from afar. In the Ring of Doom they have decided to punish your exile and to seal their continent for indefinite time. None may journey back from the Ice, which was made even harsher and deadlier. Just like none is to take the way of the sea to reach the shores ahead. A thick mist veils those marine routes. And I perceive that a strong spell of sleep has been cast as well. If this is the magic of Varda Snow-white, there is naught we can do to remedy this, being a decree of the Powers an irreversible option, which we cannot oppose. Whether we dispose of numerous means and useful knowledge of things, we cannot rectify this punishment.

And it is a punishment indeed. Because you and your kind, Nerwen, are to expiate crimes and faults. This I feel, and such resolution of Valinórë is thus justified. And I do not believe for a moment that cruelty was ever a quality of the Kings and Queens of my People. Justness and justice, it is true, but never malice nor ruthless desire to provoke mindless pain. Your narration lacks something, Princess, that you are not comfortable to reveal. I understand this, and I have no foremost intention to sway your wind or to force you into a hard confession to make. I shall wait for you. I shall patiently wait for your soul to be ready for the disclosure. Truth and only truth may allow us to prevail, for deception or impartial words are tactics of the Enemy. The bitter savour of the dwelling across these free territories.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 23. Aug 2017, 16:44 »
NERWEN: ''The Enemy, my Queen? Hath Thy Majesty beheld the world before the world? When all was silent and time did not flow nor hamper the life of the spirits who resided in those primordial halls. I heard stories being told by the spirits of Aman. Not much, but even few hints are precious to be known, I'm sure. The Ainur of those sunny shires narrated that Eä was not in the beginning, along with matter and many of the forces that govern nature and the order above all. They spoke of infinite spaces and of a radiance which naught could render darker nor dimmer in some ways; a light that had dwelt in that paradise for eternity. It still dwelleth there and forever it shall, after all is to be shattered and made anew, unto the very truth shall come forth and free Arda from its constant malaise. Not by the authority of the mighty Archangels, I suppose, for of Arda they are made as well, like the immortal Elda or the loyal Maia that the dispositions of his Kings and Queens obey. What is to happen then, in such an ultimate time? The secret of this question shall not be solved, because the only ones who keep the sole answer are the monarchs of this universe. They won't say nor reveal, waiting for the proper moment to arrive, and if this meaneth millennia or more, it is not proper for the Children to judge.''