29. Mär 2024, 00:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: About that Lothlorien AI..  (Gelesen 2954 mal)

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Isildur's fabulous hair
About that Lothlorien AI..
« am: 25. Sep 2016, 17:10 »
Complaining that the AI is toogood is something that I've never really had to do, but the Lothlorien AI is just leagues better than the other factions. If you're playing on a relatively large map, they'll just build Mirkwood outposts and Entmoots all over the place and start swarming the map! My friends and I like battling vs some random hard AIs, but if that random ends up rolling Lothlorien we have no chance! :o Even the medium Lothlorien seems to outperform most hard AIs.

Personally I'd love to see the Lothlorien AI nerfed in some way, but I'm guessing that's not a priority even if you wanted to do it. So I guess I'm asking for some advice here. How do you guys deal with this unhinged AI? :p

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: About that Lothlorien AI..
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Sep 2016, 20:21 »
Just a couple tips:
Fight late game, during early and mid game you have no chances of winning.
Level up your heroes as quickly as possible
Focus on getting upgrades rather than producing units even at the cost of map control
Fire Arrows
Learn the patterns, see on which side the AI prefers to attack you on
Only push for the enemy base once you have a mighty fully upgraded army
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Sep 2016, 21:21 »
Pretty much what Necro said. Once you realise the AI patterns, AI should be beatable.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Isildur's fabulous hair
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Apr 2017, 21:08 »
It's a long time ago, but thanks for those answers! :)

We just started playing again and I'm still looking for more hints as we're still having huge problems with the Lothlorien AI.. We prefer playing against random, but we've barely ever won against Lothlorien, even on medium.. They just keep swarming everything with their units - heroes and Ents as well, so holding on inside the base isn't really an option.

When they get the Mirkwood Outpost (from whence they can of course produce units before its completion) they're basically unstoppable. Mirkwood soldiers appear to be stronger than most. Want to counter them with cavalry? Elk Rider's own them in seconds. I guess elves are supposed to be countered by harassing them, but that is extremely hard due to their swarming play style, especially in a 3v3 where all AIs are keeping up the pressure.

Right, so I'm mostly just expressing my frustration here.. :P But I'd seriously like to hear how you fight this AI!  xD

Curva

• Bilbos Festgast
  • https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e9/30/66
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Jun 2017, 13:40 »
Hey mate,

Played rohan vs lothlorien yday had the same frustration going when i saw those fking elk raiders so to start off the first thing u need to do vs lothlorien is denying outpost. If its not possible to counter elk raiders u need to get some swordsman or cannonmeat and a 2-3 units of archers u immiedietly focus fire on elk riders flank with cav at the same time and its gg. Gondor with their swordsman is especially good vs them they got heavy armored units and good archers than can competete with lothlorien and take down elk raiders along with great cav that can flank at crucial moment.

To sum it up it all comes down to taking their elk raiders down and then commanding deciding flank with cavalary for the rest of archers.

Also u can always be a dick pull his forces to the other side of map and then send 3-4 rams for the outpost :D thats what i call dickmove

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Jun 2017, 18:55 »
Which faction in specific would you like help with?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Jun 2017, 00:34 »
Will we get Misty Mountains in 4.5? This is the faction I've been waiting on for ages for their release since goblins used to be my favorite faction. I am really excited to test the new faction. Not sure if this belongs in this thread or a separate one but I had a suggestion for Misty Mountains.

New CAH Misty Mountains
Hero Types: Gundabad, Moria, Goblintown
The stats for hero types would be similar to the faction they represent which I can't flesh out perfectly till faction is released of course, but something like Gundabad higher armor and health then the others, moria high damage and recharge time, not sure for Goblintown.

Designs for armors/weapons would be mismatched or scavenged looking. There would be no complete matched set since the goblins don't have proper armor smiths in the lore. I'm thinking scavenged dwarf or elven designs and maybe lots of rusty looks.
Moves
I'm not great at this but here goes some suggestions. Maybe a blend of the evil men assassin CAH and the orc ones for moves. Stuff like poisoned weapons, ambushes, stealth moves. The goblins in the lore always seemed like guerilla fighters to me and not really organized armies so their heroes would support that.

Please respond with thoughts. I'm a frequent viewer not a frequent poster and this is my favorite game/mod ever :)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #7 am: 21. Jun 2017, 00:40 »

This is a cool idea, but I think it would fit better in the Misty Mountains speculation thread. Anyways, I really like it in concept!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Jun 2017, 00:46 »
Will we get Misty Mountains in 4.5? This is the faction I've been waiting on for ages for their release since goblins used to be my favorite faction. I am really excited to test the new faction. Not sure if this belongs in this thread or a separate one but I had a suggestion for Misty Mountains.

Hello. No, the faction won't be in the forthcoming patch, as the next update is meant to overhaul fundamental aspects of the game that are already present in the game. The Misty Mountains faction is not being worked on at the moment and we have not started discussing about it in the internal forum either. We therefore ask a little bit of patience still, until this suffered patch is finally made available :)

As for your CaH proposal, I think you can just open a new thread in the General Suggestions board.

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 21. Jun 2017, 21:21 »
Thanks DieWalker. I think the forum glitched since this was supposed to be in reply to the Misty Mountains speculation thread and I didn't notice it posted wrong. Speaking of which where is that thread nowadays? I had to use the link you sent Azog in one of the other threads.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 21. Jun 2017, 22:19 »
Here it is: Misty Mountains.

When the time comes, I will arrange things and move some of the proposals of this topic in the future own board of the faction. Or, while the faction is under testing, we could just split some suggestions and forward them in the General Suggestions thread.