19. Mär 2024, 11:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Dagor Dagorath: Discussion and Feedback  (Gelesen 5541 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
The Dagor Dagorath: Discussion and Feedback
« am: 27. Sep 2016, 09:26 »
This thread is for any discussion related to the setting of the Dagor Dagorath, as conceptualized and presented by myself. I am open to any and all criticism, but please take note:

This is meant to be a blank book for you to fill with your own chapters, but the foundation of the setting will remain, as will core factions, until they have been legitimately "Killed Off" by player-created scenarios and games. Please let me hear your opinions, ideas and criticisms!

For games in this setting, please create separate threads starting with something along the lines of "Dagor Dagorath Setting: (name of game goes here)" so they can be properly discussed. If ideas for games within this setting are posted here, the topic will soon become disorganized and impossible to follow. Rather, use this topic for ideas of Characters, Cities and Locations, Army Battles, etc. Small details of potential stories, which can be confirmed or denied by the RPG team based on the setting.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Sep 2016, 09:30 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: The Dagor Dagorath: Discussion and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Sep 2016, 21:29 »
This is gonna be such a clusterfuck of awesomeness and epicness :D
I might even try to contribute to this upcoming storyline, I'll have some time this year. Do you already have some stories ready or some suggestions for us ?

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Sep 2016, 23:46 »
A very interesting setting indeed. It shows that you put a lot of thought and consideration into it, creating the background lore and realms for the story to fit into.

One thing stood out to me: You declarde the North, Eriador, as a separate realm from Gondor and the rest of the Reunited Kingdom. What was the reason for that split? Was it the war with the denizens of Dunland and Enedwaith that separated the northern kingdom from the south? At the time of Melkor's return, who is leading Eriador, is there a King of the line of Aragorn?
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Sep 2016, 01:57 »
I greet you again, Elite, and welcome you with open arms to the English RPG forum!

A very interesting setting indeed. It shows that you put a lot of thought and consideration into it, creating the background lore and realms for the story to fit into.

Totally spot on. The foundations of your project are simply marvellous, and I hope they will ultimately blossom in a splendid what-if scenario to create RPG games about. May I just say that you can count on the English RPG Team's full support in discussing and developing your plans (though what you provided is already titanic), so that you can come up with an impressive outcome that does real justice to the Dagor Dagorath. Good luck and best wishes  ;)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Sep 2016, 05:39 »
One thing stood out to me: You declarde the North, Eriador, as a separate realm from Gondor and the rest of the Reunited Kingdom. What was the reason for that split? Was it the war with the denizens of Dunland and Enedwaith that separated the northern kingdom from the south? At the time of Melkor's return, who is leading Eriador, is there a King of the line of Aragorn?

Yes, that is exactly the reason. Here's what I wrote: "Darnedil, seeing that he cannot possibly try to hold the lands of Enedwaith and Dunland while also repopulating Eriador, and therefore gives all of the lands of Enedwaith and Dunland to the people of Rohan. Theorl leads his host into Dunland and Enedwaith and destroys all remaining openly rebellious people there, and sacks the capitols of Enedwaith and Dunland."

I didn't put in a King of Eriador when Melkor begins his war, that was an oversight on my part, I shall update the main posts :)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2016, 12:36 von Fine »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Sep 2016, 12:37 »
Sorry, I accidentally edited your post instead of replying... forgot I had moderation powers here.

I didn't put in a King of Eriador when Melkor begins his war, that was an oversight on my part, I shall update the main posts :)

I see. So in this setting, there is a King of Eriador (Arnor?) who is a descendant of Aragorn, but who is not also the King of Gondor? I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly.
RPG:

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Sep 2016, 15:41 »
There is a King of Arnor who controls the Men inside Eriador, and then theres also a Dwarf King, Hobbit Thain and of course the elven leaders. Its a nation of combined powers.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #7 am: 2. Okt 2016, 00:15 »
So the Dagor Dagorath has been up for about a week now, and not too much discussion has been had about it. I take this to either mean people don't have any suggestions and like the idea, and therefore are ready to move forward with game-making, or have not read it because its too long or they do not like the concept. Consequently, this Sunday I will post my only game idea within this setting, unless there is more discussion to be had.