28. Mär 2024, 22:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Evil Men Faction

Yes an Evil Men faction would be great with all of the realms combined.
94 (67.6%)
I like the evil men the way they are now.
7 (5%)
I think they should not have a faction but i would like more units from the spellbook.
3 (2.2%)
Harad And Rhun should be two separate factions.
35 (25.2%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 130

Autor Thema: A possible new Evil Men faction  (Gelesen 51406 mal)

tolgayurdal

• Gast
Re: A possible new Evil Men faction
« Antwort #135 am: 24. Mär 2020, 21:42 »
Thanks :) Time is too precious for all of us. I hope i get more free time to involve this.

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #136 am: 27. Mär 2020, 00:16 »
You know, I was thinking, since we have elected to utilize tent structures for the castle systems--why not then do a system like the Dwarfs?

So picture this: We have the tent system for Harad, but their outposts would be Umbar. If we select Rhun then the outpost would be a Khand outpost. And if one were to choose Far Harad the outpost would be half-troll tribes.

This may seem like a crazy idea, but Far Harad's main units should consist of Morwaith people. Think Zulu like with cavalry being Oliphants, Camels, and or Zebras.

You could keep the power tree as is, the only thing that would need to be expanded is the Morwaith units and half-troll tribes.

I think this would be more promising and would function possibly better. I also thought of how the Black Numenorian ability to make numenorian structures could work.

Say the Evil Men are playing against a 8 man faction and Rhun is selected. The Black Numenorian comes and makes the Rhun Chieftain to the Dragon King. If Rhun conquers any other castle base, or if they have the money to purchase a castle base--then the structure becomes like the fortress in your pictures.

I don't know though, since the function would be similar to the Dwarfs--could the structures be changed based on the differing cultures? That is something that needs to be considered.

Oh for a better understanding of Rhun, Harad, and Far Harad troop types--I went to these following links for ideas and they seem to be perfect if we tweaked them to the Edain Mod.

Far Harad:

https://lotrminecraftmod.fandom.com/wiki/Half-trolls_(Faction)

https://lotrminecraftmod.fandom.com/wiki/Morwaith_(Faction)

https://lotrminecraftmod.fandom.com/wiki/Taurethrim_(Faction)

Harad:

As we currently have it with Umbar playing a big part and using Mumaks.

Rhun:

As we have it. Khand would be more fitting as their outpost since they--like Rhun, participated with the Wains.

« Letzte Änderung: 27. Mär 2020, 11:01 von Gnomi »

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #137 am: 28. Mär 2020, 21:39 »
Dkbluewizard,

I believe that Men of Darkness consept has been finalised with your help. There may be some improvements up to feedbacks but seems that now is not the right time. I will answer almost every suggestion and constructive critism anyway. So don't be upset for it is finished my friend, latest edits will be shared here and you are always welcomed.

The path of evil men is done from my part (except above), but this doesn't mean the journeys ended. The last faction remains an enigma because there is non confirmation or feedback from ET. As you know, Dorwinion consept still awaits to be concluded for proposing. How many mismatches do we have does not matter, the creatives of Edain can work together (all of them) as long as positive approachings are exist. If you want to be more active in the forum or just share ideas, i will be arround till accomplish the task.

The truth is that the road of Edain will endure until the end. There will always be proposals to support mostly whoever prepares them. Whatever the roles are appointed, everyone tries to contribute for sure with the discussions (but limited to here). Their best will carry this project to get full potential. I do not want to break the order which already established nor join needless discussions to be more protective (this includes discord). However my part is over until any call which is not expected any more. So there is not much to do in the journey, this might be a goodbye at the end.

Just remember that our differences make us colourful, not just b/w.

Best regards.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #138 am: 29. Mär 2020, 01:21 »
Okay cool. My suggestions were just that, suggestions. Have a good one.

Cortes

Elder Scrolls braucht ein RTS.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #140 am: 10. Apr 2020, 20:39 »
Many thanks for support. It was a gift for the ones who provided good times about Tolkien universe. Apparently we need to wait until it is constructed, if the team would approve it after Misty Mountains. As always, the time is very precious for everyone.

Best regards.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #141 am: 25. Jun 2020, 22:15 »
I just wanted to add this as another thought. Tolgayurdal, you have some awesome concepts. But one of the concepts I reread on Dorwinion I think would be more suitable here for the following reasons:

Like Durin VII, his power doesn't reach fruition until the fourth age. So maybe one of the ringheroes could be Herumor (from the New Shadow) since his name comes from Umbar, he would most likely be here in the third age, and since he is the future antagonist of the 4th age, I would think him to be a perfect candidate for the One Ring.

What say you my friend? Maybe add him as a ring hero with the other three?

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #142 am: 26. Jun 2020, 14:41 »
Thanks for feedback and kind words my friend :) Men of Darkness and Dorwinion concepts are my first proposals as far as i remember and both haven't accepted officially yet, maybe ever won't.

When i prepared them, the main theme was gathering low men (Easterlings and Southrons) and giving them a place under Black Numenoreans for Men of Darkness faction. So the chieftains meant to be natural ring heroes as leaders of their tribes. Can Priest or Templar Knight be a ring heroes? Yes they can, but in my opinion, this might bring unfairness to the rest. The player would captures the one for Black Numenorean hero who probably would be far too strong than low men. This would limit the scale of ring hero roster in practice, also i think it would be out of main theme and that's why their character stories can not get the one ring as i wrote them.

Herumor and Dorwinion are different cases firstly. As all factions, Mysterious Land concept tells a story that how to perform about business and peace with various races. The truth is that New Shadow subject solves many problems about dark side of grey faction which has been started but unfinished by Professor. Also Herumor inside of it has a role that 'beginner of secret cult', in this perspective his ring form evolves to another position in the faction. So i believe that would not be fitting for Men of Darkness concept.

However all of them are just my thoughts about two missing factions. ET has not declared anything about those which i don't expect it any time soon. I hope it is not too much, just wanted to share my ideas.

Best Regards.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #143 am: 26. Jun 2020, 17:41 »
Hey Tolgayurdal,

I respect your opinion and concepts. The only reason I brought Herumor up is due the canonical nature of his character and the etymology of his name. They are both set with the Black Numenorians in Umbar. As you said though, Dorwinion is a mysterious faction that holds a lot of mysteries to it.

That said, I know that Edain always likes to have a canonical bases for implementing new concepts (ex: Durin VII). So to see your concept of Herumor accepted--this was my thought and why I suggested him to be placed with the Men of Darkness, so he could have a canonical bases with his name and origin.

I know it is fun to speculate. Could I inquire you to do another concept? I had an idea for another faction that I wanted to discuss with you (it would be evil) and it wouldn't take up Dorwinion or Men of Darkness slot. Would you mind if I discussed another evil faction with you and draft a concept?

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #144 am: 26. Jun 2020, 20:28 »
Sure, there is nothing wrong to discuss anything. In a suitable thread, you can share your thoughts and then i express mine. It is only matter of implementability due to parameters such as being canonicle, subject that based on story, balance etc.

If it is possible, i might help to build that. Please, feel free to mention it.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jun 2020, 21:12 von tolgayurdal »

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #145 am: 26. Jun 2020, 21:38 »
Tolgayurdal, okay great! Where do you want me to write about the other faction? In the suggestions part of modding union? I can post the link here if that helps.