[en] The Prancing Pony > Other

Dorwinion Faction

(1/20) > >>

lord_ellessar:
I know that edain have already chose their two new factions but it is always interesting to speak about some new concepts even if it won't be include,...

so i was speaking a really short time with dkbluewizard and i had already a nice concept, i think ...

DORWINION

* 1) The choice is yours:
             We know that Dorwinion in the fan culture is a region whit a part of elves and a majority of men, so at the beginning of the skirmish, the player could choose between the elves and the men, with particularities for each parts.

* 2) The Elves:
             The beginning; at early game, dorwinion should be a faction more based on resources, the first units could be a men militia, the vineyards guards, a unit of five men only and at for example 500 instead of 200 but the resources buildings could be up, and gives 30 instead of 15 the dorwinion factions could recruit messenger that make peace for X time but that are high in price and disappear after a time it gives a real neutral effect of dorwinion faction... the barracks could recruit powerful elves units but high in price and at the oupost, a men outpost where you have elite men units and one hero. At the little oupost, they could choose between vineyards where you can recruits vineyards guards and that gives you money, a merchant outpost, there you can recruit neutral merchants, so enemy can't attack him and you have to sell it in enemy camp and, finally a little watchtower

The late game; in the later game, dorwinion could recruit their strong units, the Thorns Guards and Bladorthin swords both elven elites units.

* 3) The Men:
             The beginning; There, dorwinion would be a military faction focused on  numerous units, their units count 10 mens but they are less strong than elves but at a lower price. There at the outpost they recruit elite elves and one hero.

The late game; in the later game, dorwinion could recruit their strong units, the Vintners court guards, and the prrt i don't know :P

lordoflinks:
I would suggest posting your ideas here:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32416.30.html
As this is a thread for such ideas, unfortunately ideas relating to new fractions tend to get closed here :(

Walküre:

--- Zitat von: lordoflinks am  2. Okt 2016, 09:25 ---As this is a thread for such ideas, unfortunately ideas relating to new fractions tend to get closed here :(

--- Ende Zitat ---

They tend to get closed for very precise reasons. All the English Moderators have followed this custom so far; not because we are evil or because we don't want you to share your ideas in regards of new factions (you can see yourself how many people participated in the Evil Men thread), but for the fact that new factions are a completely speculative topic and we don't have any planned news concerning them nor vague indications by the Edain Team.

The Edain boards are meant to gather discussions or proposals that relate to known content and factual elements. Also, there is still a major faction yet to be released and I guess most of the attention of the Community will rightly be conveyed to the Misty Mountains.

By the way, I won't lock the topic. I will just move it to the Off-Topic section  ;)

lordoflinks:

--- Zitat von: DieWalküre am  2. Okt 2016, 11:46 ---
--- Zitat von: lordoflinks am  2. Okt 2016, 09:25 ---As this is a thread for such ideas, unfortunately ideas relating to new fractions tend to get closed here :(

--- Ende Zitat ---

They tend to get closed for very precise reasons. All the English Moderators have followed this custom so far; not because we are evil or because we don't want you to share your ideas in regards of new factions (you can see yourself how many people participated in the Evil Men thread), but for the fact that new factions are a completely speculative topic and we don't have any planned news concerning them nor vague indications by the Edain Team.

The Edain boards are meant to gather discussions or proposals that relate to known content and factual elements. Also, there is still a major faction yet to be released and I guess most of the attention of the Community will rightly be conveyed to the Misty Mountains.

By the way, I won't lock the topic. I will just move it to the Off-Topic section  ;)

--- Ende Zitat ---
I don't disagree, its just I feel that in the "Other" section of off topic, ideas can be forgotten about and are out of the way and hidden.

Walküre:
They're not at all hidden. They are just detached from the main discussions of the Edain boards for the just reasons stated in my previous comment. When the right time comes, you can be sure that I will move this kind of suggestions in the regular sections.

By the way, are you really sure that they remain hidden in this part of MU? Just look at the Evil Men thread: many people have participated in the topic giving their precious contributions, and the poll has overall gathered almost 100 votes, fact that makes it one of the most popular debates of the English Community. I thus wouldn't really say that moving (temporarily) discussions that concern new factions to this board could hamper their very development in the end. If you want a thread to succeed, you have to make sure to propose interesting concepts and manage things in an efficient way. Ultimately, most of the things are up to who is to take care of the suggestions presented.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln