28. Mär 2024, 14:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

What is the last faction you would like to see after the Rhun/Harad faction for the Third Age?

Dorwinion
29 (51.8%)
Arnor
6 (10.7%)
Forodwaith
2 (3.6%)
Nothing (Land of the Sun)
3 (5.4%)
Something Cool
5 (8.9%)
Hobbits and Unicorns
11 (19.6%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 48

Autor Thema: Dorwinion Faction  (Gelesen 28600 mal)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Dorwinion Faction
« Antwort #45 am: 1. Jan 2017, 23:42 »
For everyone interested, lordflinks's proposal has been accepted, you now have a (empty) page on the wiki for your concept, once it is filled out we will talk some more to see how we will go along for building, hero and unit pages. I'll just post what I posted over there:
Since a majority of WT members agree I shall proceed. I've created a page here for you to post the basic faction information. You can use the other faction pages as a template,if you need any formatting but don't know how to do it just leave me a note, I'll have a look over it later (ex: FN: Make this a section header). I'll copy the basic format and let you do the rest, you just have to go to the page and click edit in the top left corner, once you're done just click submit and we'll talk more about units and hero pages. I'll get a banner and the categories sorted out, don't worry about that.

Page: Link
Thank you. This is something we will utilise once we begin looking at heroes and units in detail; as a word document is not suitable for such indepth words.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #46 am: 2. Jan 2017, 00:55 »
Hey LordofLinks, I have been working diligently to come up with powers for the heroes and I have done that on google drive which you can see.

Something I want to point out though, you say that the Court focuses is defensive but focuses on cavalry while the Cult is offensive but focuses on infantry. I feel this should be reversed. Cavalry does NOT hold ground infantry does and I feel the Court should have an emphasis on infantry and not cavalry. This would also make more sense since there are more elves from the woods (cavalry doesn't do to well in woods) and Alatar is a master of the hunt and animals. He and Beruthiel would more likely have an emphasis on cavalry more so than the Court.

Let me know if you can't see everything I am doing on google drive.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #47 am: 2. Jan 2017, 02:22 »
I see your edits and I love your ideas so far with heroes. My only suggestion would be to allow Pallando to mount a horse/eagle somehow so he gets something like Alatar's bow (I loved how you implemented that, as I did not think it would work) . I leave working that in to you, as I would not want to ruin your lovely heroes.

With regards to focuses, they are not meant to even have enough infantry to hold ground, which is why they get more powerful defensive structures and cavalry (The Orcani Bastion can upgrade, the Stockade cannot). This especially applies if we distinguish the two sides by making the academy units of the court fewer in number and higher in both cost and time to recruit but more powerful with an ability. Their intended strategy is to hold key ground with their superior infantry and defence while harnessing the enemy with cavalry. If we gave the Cult horses I fear they would be OP as they already have huge, spamable armies.
As a compromise what if only the elven lancers were mounted, while the archers were not and can switch between blade and bow. Hence the Avari lord could mount but not Tauriel (The Herald would still summon cavalry).
By emphasise I do not mean they are Rohan but their unique units tend to be cavalry (To make up for limited infantry) while the cult gets infantry.

Would you be able to apply your magic to the units as well; I feel the academy units should be different depending on the side but whether you make two different units or just distinguish the unit with stat/abilities changes is up to you.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #48 am: 2. Jan 2017, 03:01 »
LordofLinks, if that is your reasoning for the cavalry being emphasized for the Court then I can get behind that. I would like you to do the Empress's abilities and powers as you seem to know what you want with her. I mean, I can try to do my best with her but it might be tough and I think you have a better vision of her than I.

Also LordofLinks, the reason I don't have Pallando with a bow or mounting an eagle is because I went with him being of Namo's people (the Valar would not send two from the same realm to combat Sauron. They would try to use all manner of different professions to try and bring him down). So as far as Pallando mounting an Eagle, I don't see that happening, also, I don't know if there are any eagles in the East, do you?

So I felt that was uncanonical, the horse is a possibility but why would I throw out some of his other cool powers just so he could mount? I mean, I'll throw out of his powers for a mount, but I feel we are doing Pallando a diservice. Also, what special attacks would he have with a bow? He is not as good as Alatar.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jan 2017, 03:04 von dkbluewizard »
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #49 am: 2. Jan 2017, 10:04 »
I have added abilities to the Elven Herald and the Empress. Could you please check over their aura abilities to ensure they are both balanced and suitable. Also do you have any suggestions for a voice actress for the Empress? 
On to other heroes:
Lenwe is the Avari lord/king correct? Even though the Empress is the leader of all of Dorwinion, he is the leader of the Avari elves right?
Tauriel will have her normal abilities, although I feel she should have a slightly different appearance and should have a different ability other than 'scout'. What do you think? 
Who is the hero for the rebel fortress outpost? Sorry if it is obvious but I cannot see it.
Why is the female Nazgul Adunaphel a hero for Dorwinion; when I mentioned her I was only complaining about her not being a hero in Mordor. I never meant for her to be in Dorwinion.
Regarding Pallando what would you say about this: Remove wizard blast from Pallando, Radgast does not have it, so I see no reason for Pallando to. Move purge to level one but have it gain power as he levels up, similar to Elrond's water horse ability, move banishing aura to level 7, to replace purge, and weaken the aura. Make Call of Mandos the level 10 ability (Regardless I feel it should be level 10 due to its association with a Valar) and make it vastly more powerful, even killing most heroes bar tanks and level 9-10 heroes. Give him the ability to mount a horse at level 5.

In addiction I have replaced "Into the East" with a spell that increases the production of a building.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #50 am: 2. Jan 2017, 12:57 »
Radagast does have a wizard blast type ability (when on foot) but it is called Nature's Breath. So far it has been a staple of the wizards so it makes sense that the Blue Wizards would have a similar ability. I agree with Call of Mandos being moved to Level 10 although I think that it would be completely overpowered if it could kill heroes in one hit.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #51 am: 2. Jan 2017, 13:23 »
Then modify purge so it pushes enemies away with flames; a fire blast like ability, and keep it at level one and have it upgrade.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #52 am: 2. Jan 2017, 18:44 »
Okay LordofLinks and Oakenshield, I'll do what I can. Now just because I am working on it, doesn't mean you guys can't change what you want. I am okay with that.

Adunaphel was just a name, not representing a nazgul. I can change that but it was merely a placeholder for now.

Yes Lenwe is the Avari Lord/King.

I think you should do Tauriel's abilities. I think you have the best understanding for her.

The rebel leader outpost should either be Bladorthin II (but I don't think so since he is the main enemy and son of the Empress). So I think Sacol or Marroc should be on the outpost.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jan 2017, 19:48 von dkbluewizard »

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #53 am: 2. Jan 2017, 23:36 »
If you are looking for a name for the Empress, maybe Myleia works. To the spellbook, perhaps Saruman can be added? Because that is a fact, we all agree with this.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #54 am: 3. Jan 2017, 01:17 »
Why Saruman? Please explain your reasoning.
The Empress, in my view, will not have a name; having dedicated her entire being to ruling her nation she has long since discarded any name she once held and now only prefers to be called by her title, even by her closest friends. Hence her name has fallen out of use and has been forgotten.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: 3. Jan 2017, 10:43 »
I was thinking Saruman was their companion when they went to East but i see it would a mistake because he came back and adding Saruman is not correct for that age. It is not equal Khamul for Evil Men. I started to see from your ancle.

Also i do not see it is useful that arrow valley and lone tower are contained in the same spellbook. One of them should change i think possibly lone tower.

I am wondering what is Alatar weapon? He is one of Istari so he has the staff, it is presented almost every visual. But he is hunter though, he can not use bow but he can use spear to throw with a staff or knife to throw from the staff maybe like Alastar Moody's wand in Harry Potter movies (He hits the staff to ground and throws a couple knives instead of magic). I want to know what do you think about this lordoflinks and dkbluewizard.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #56 am: 3. Jan 2017, 13:02 »
Alatar attacks with his staff, his gimmicks are his horse and his upgradable purge ability.
I will be more than happy to replace arrow volley and lone tower if people can come up with replacements; I have thought and thought and I have no idea.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #57 am: 3. Jan 2017, 15:01 »
Instead of lone tower, maybe 'summon woodmen' can be used:

http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Woodmen_of_Rhovanion

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #58 am: 3. Jan 2017, 15:22 »
That seems a lothlorien power rather than Dominion; perhaps another unit that can be recruited from the beoring homstead?

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #59 am: 3. Jan 2017, 16:51 »
Yes, that is more reasonable. I have another idea to help. I do not know it can be done or it is necessary but one spell can be adding neutral settlement somewhere in map maybe limited for 3 times. Perhaps it would be overpower or just not necessary. But if it is possible, it only fits for this faction. Essentially Dorwinion is neutral and even a player lost that another one can use it.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Jan 2017, 17:09 von Lord Aytugar »