28. Mär 2024, 21:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

What is the last faction you would like to see after the Rhun/Harad faction for the Third Age?

Dorwinion
29 (51.8%)
Arnor
6 (10.7%)
Forodwaith
2 (3.6%)
Nothing (Land of the Sun)
3 (5.4%)
Something Cool
5 (8.9%)
Hobbits and Unicorns
11 (19.6%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 48

Autor Thema: Dorwinion Faction  (Gelesen 28666 mal)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Dorwinion Faction
« Antwort #75 am: 22. Jan 2017, 11:45 »
There was the Orocarni mountain range. I think there were 4 dwarf clans there: the Ironfists, Blacklocks, Stonefoots and Stiffbeards.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #76 am: 22. Jan 2017, 11:48 »
weren't there any dwarves near dorwinion? i could have swore the red mountains were there
In my concept, (http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Dorwinion), the good subfraction of Dorwinion can build an Orcani Bastion which allows them to recruit the Orcani Dwarfs
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #77 am: 16. Feb 2017, 11:10 »
I just wish to apologize for the lack of updates. A lot of stuff has come up for me and I do not have enough time.
Sorry...
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #78 am: 16. Feb 2017, 14:22 »
I just wish to apologize for the lack of updates. A lot of stuff has come up for me and I do not have enough time.
Sorry...
Take your time. I think you've done quite a good job with the previous updates! :)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #79 am: 7. Apr 2017, 14:50 »
All Dorwinion units recruited from within the main base now have information! Have fun reading about them.

Siege engines do not as they are a common unit shared between fractions, for the most part.

Darkmoon Dragoner

• Hobbit
  • Highlord
« Antwort #80 am: 21. Jul 2017, 13:11 »

Can submod to edain mod? Or the creators to convince to create?

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #81 am: 24. Feb 2020, 18:29 »
Greetings everyone!

I prepared a faction consept for Dorwinion to fill last room of roster. It is not even close to be confirmed nor implied but i really enjoyed while working on and would like to share it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13iAbDk9HRQE56wKbY8b8RjFfvhYbrltf

It might be an alternative when the time has come besides that, it includes the last unfinished work of Professor Tolkien and many more.

Best regards.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Feb 2020, 19:46 von tolgayurdal »

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #82 am: 25. Feb 2020, 14:19 »
To be honest, I am very skeptical about the Dorvinion faction. But your concept is very interesting and worked out, I like the idea of a "gray" faction. It’s premature to speak about the details, even if the team decides to make the Dorvinion faction, it will be not very soon

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #83 am: 25. Feb 2020, 19:35 »
Greetings!

Firstly i want to thank and congratulate you for feedback in the darkest hour of this topic.

As mentioned, this concept offers to be last faction in the light of ET's states, so it is not expected any time soon. It may have some improvements in time up to attention since no limitation of time appearantly.

About the content, it has some parts which considered to be interesting as being mostly canonicle. Also i am open to any suggestion and feedback. So feel free to comment about it.

Best regards.

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #84 am: 17. Mär 2020, 02:12 »
Hey Tolgayurdal, I love your concepts as they are a lot more canonical than anything I have seen thus far!

But I wanted to add this: I strongly feel the Blue Wizards should be recruitable at the citadel, much the same way as Gandalf and Saruman.

I also feel it is they who should be the ring-heroes as they are canonically the only ones to have knowledge about it.

If Alatar takes it, he could become the new "Dark Hunter" like what Melkor had in the First Age. Pallando could be really interesting and numerous ideas could take shape with him.

Being a Maia of Namo's people, he could possibly use the ring to summon Celebrimbor? And then have Celebrimbor perform feats using the One Ring like he did in Shadow of Mordor/War.

As stated earlier, Edain like to try and ahere to the canon as much as possible. Tolkien basically scraped the Dark Lord Herumor (though I thought this was very creative to use him) the fact is though Morwe, Herumor, and Nurwe should be replaced by the Blue Wizards as the Blue Wizards are canonical.

Lenwe, Morwe, and Nurwe disappear as King Thranduil takes over the Silvan in Mirkwood and Galadriel/Celeborn take over the Silvan faction at Lothlorien. So it is debatable what happened to Morwe, Nurwe, and Lenwe, but the fact is, their people (Avari) mixed with Lenwe's people (Nandor) and created the Silvan and Thranduil and Galadriel rule those people.

So Morwe and Nurwe would most likely not be around during WOTR.

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • “Farewell sweet earth and northern sky”
« Antwort #85 am: 18. Mär 2020, 03:34 »
While I do feel strongly that Arnor should have been an original faction to begin with. Your Dorwinion faction is  very well conceived and thought out. However I do think your faction feels something out of a 4th Age mod, considering it's borrowing a lot of concepts from the 4th Age era unfinished stories that Tolkein has wrote. Specifically a cult of the New Shadow aspect of the faction. But regardless, it still fits within Edain as it is, so until Arnor is redone to become it's own faction (which is very unlikely), I vote In Favour of your Dorwinion faction.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #86 am: 18. Mär 2020, 09:08 »
@dkbluewizard

I truely understand your suggestions and not against them but when i prepared the consept, i thought there must be some rules like prioraties of subjects or the heroes can not be stronger than rest faction ones as don't effect the WotR years. The core is trade and peace in Dorwinion, this endures all of time with business ethics. Also Blue Wizards do not have centered roles, this changes the balance of faction. So they must be used differently than other major Istari. However thanks for precious feedback. I will discuss almost every suggestion as long as i get the time.

@Shadowlord

Thanks for positive feedback, i am happy to have your support. The base story offers to choose providing new (uncalculated yet) allies or accepting New Shadow amongst local folks.

If Arnor won't be the last, this might be an alternative as gathering unnoticed parameters during 3rd age like the cult may start in the same period.

Edain Team might consider to add this to be the last. However there two more factions to come, this gives the community to improve whatever they worked until that time. If i speak for myself, i am not abandoned the consept but i need work in different area (i got promoted in real life with more hours). So we should move on until the rightful time arrives. I hope this won't be so long because it is really impossible to stay away from Edain.

Side by side, unto death.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #87 am: 20. Mär 2020, 02:37 »
@dkbluewizard

I truely understand your suggestions and not against them but when i prepared the consept, i thought there must be some rules like prioraties of subjects or the heroes can not be stronger than rest faction ones as don't effect the WotR years. The core is trade and peace in Dorwinion, this endures all of time with business ethics. Also Blue Wizards do not have centered roles, this changes the balance of faction. So they must be used differently than other major Istari. However thanks for precious feedback. I will discuss almost every suggestion as long as i get the time.

@Shadowlord

Thanks for positive feedback, i am happy to have your support. The base story offers to choose providing new (uncalculated yet) allies or accepting New Shadow amongst local folks.

If Arnor won't be the last, this might be an alternative as gathering unnoticed parameters during 3rd age like the cult may start in the same period.

Edain Team might consider to add this to be the last. However there two more factions to come, this gives the community to improve whatever they worked until that time. If i speak for myself, i am not abandoned the consept but i need work in different area (i got promoted in real life with more hours). So we should move on until the rightful time arrives. I hope this won't be so long because it is really impossible to stay away from Edain.

Side by side, unto death.

Well I know that you like your idea...and I do too! But like I said, for Edain Team to accept a proposal such as this, they want canonical stuff. The heart of your idea for Dorwinion fits, however, the New Shadow and Morwe/Nurwe come into conflict with the canon.

This is why I suggested the Blue Wizards standing in for these two characters. Pallando stands in for Morwe/Nurwe as a pro-Dorwinion character, while Alatar would stand in for the New Shadow character as the more pro-evil Dorwinion character.

At the end of the day, you have heard feeback from two people being against the idea of the New Shadow--but it is your concept but like I said, I would make the switch to be more canonical.

If you don't want the Blue Wizards to be Ring-heroes, then that is fine, but at least let them be recruitable from the citadel.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #88 am: 20. Mär 2020, 08:18 »
About the consept, i really don't want to insist on something has to be implemented, it was just flowed on its way. Everything can be changed into an evolved one. I can not focus on the balance or subjects nowadays, but feel free to edit and share it with new ideas. Maybe some time after the midway or the perfect solution can be found with the contributions from everyone. Thanks for feedbacks.

Best regards.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #89 am: 24. Mär 2020, 16:36 »
I was also gonna say this, you could make Alatar, Pallando, and the King of Dorwinion the Ring Heroes--I mean, you could still have three ring heroes if you wanted.