28. Mär 2024, 15:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

What is the last faction you would like to see after the Rhun/Harad faction for the Third Age?

Dorwinion
29 (51.8%)
Arnor
6 (10.7%)
Forodwaith
2 (3.6%)
Nothing (Land of the Sun)
3 (5.4%)
Something Cool
5 (8.9%)
Hobbits and Unicorns
11 (19.6%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 48

Autor Thema: Dorwinion Faction  (Gelesen 28620 mal)

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
Re: Dorwinion Faction
« Antwort #60 am: 4. Jan 2017, 17:26 »
I have read all topic and I'm impressed by your work lordoflinks and dkbluewizard. I'm trully supporter of this idea 😀 as it can bring more uniqueness and freshness to mod. Probably it's too late for that kind of proposal but if you will think about units concept design I would recomend to look on Scoia'tael from Witcher franchise. I know that they wouldn't suit to greece architecture but there is briliant simple of cooperating all races ( Havekars' men, Dol Blathana elves and Mahakam dwarfs ). Additionally elves in Sapkowsky's universe who ruled by queen and lived in wild nature, allways reminds me of those dark mystery Avari who never seen the light of two trees. Now thanks to gwent online we have plenty of concept designs that can be covered to more fitting to Tolkien's universe.
I just leave link to game's site if you want to see sth 😆:

http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/30001-eithne
EDIT:
or
http://2blind2draw.deviantart.com/art/scoia-tael-399345709

I can trully understand if you if you stay with your own idea. As a huge fan of this two worlds I just couldn't miss an option of  combaining them 😉.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Jan 2017, 17:30 von kmogon »

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #61 am: 5. Jan 2017, 04:01 »
I have read all topic and I'm impressed by your work lordoflinks and dkbluewizard. I'm trully supporter of this idea 😀 as it can bring more uniqueness and freshness to mod. Probably it's too late for that kind of proposal but if you will think about units concept design I would recomend to look on Scoia'tael from Witcher franchise. I know that they wouldn't suit to greece architecture but there is briliant simple of cooperating all races ( Havekars' men, Dol Blathana elves and Mahakam dwarfs ). Additionally elves in Sapkowsky's universe who ruled by queen and lived in wild nature, allways reminds me of those dark mystery Avari who never seen the light of two trees. Now thanks to gwent online we have plenty of concept designs that can be covered to more fitting to Tolkien's universe.
I just leave link to game's site if you want to see sth 😆:

http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/30001-eithne
EDIT:
or
http://2blind2draw.deviantart.com/art/scoia-tael-399345709

I can trully understand if you if you stay with your own idea. As a huge fan of this two worlds I just couldn't miss an option of  combaining them 😉.
Thank you for your kind words. Why it is too late to alter the visual design of the Dorwinion units, the second image you provided is the perfect inspiration for the Avari guard, ambassador and lancer; allowing us to establish them as truly alien, when contrasted with the elves that saw valinor and the light of the trees.

Now before we move the concept to the wiki we have 3 tasks ahead of us:
1. Finish off the remaining heroes- this is being done by dkbluewizard
2. Decide on the role of wraiths in the fraction- I would like to have the cultists level 10 spell be a spell version of Morgul blade, and Beruthiel's level 7 'Dark Hag' ability to be a spell version of Morgul Blade that creates Greater Wraiths, a new unit (Rather than the current demon cats ability which I feel is too silly). Dkbluewizard has brought up the consideration that it clashes with lore in that Sauron is only meant to be able to create wraiths; but my reasoning is that Sauron gifted Beruthiel with that ability before she was dispatched, and she shared it with the cultists, that are now limited to 3 battalions. I would like to implement wraiths this way but we need to decide if it is lore friendly.
3. Ring Heroes: Look below this line:

Ring Heroes of Dorwinion:
1. The Empress- Having seized it; she channels the power of her ancestors and invokes the aid of the Valar to combat the tide of evil as the Blue Wizards fell, able to control the ring due to her dedication to her nation, and
Abilities:
Rank 1 Champion of the Valar: Aura that gives nearby friendly units fearlessness and terrifies nearby enemies, and when clicked grants acess to a second palantir
Rank 3 Mount/Dismount: Mount/ Dismount
Rank 5 Royal Deed: Upgrades selected building to level 3
Rank 8 Words of Glory and Courage: Area spell that buffs the defence and attack of selected friendly units by 50%
Rank 10 Flame of the Valar: Sets the ground around the Empress in a very large area on fire with white flames
Palantir 2:
Rank 1 Champion of the Valar: Aura that gives nearby friendly units fearlessness and terrifies nearby enemies, and when clicked grants access to the first palantir
Rank 2 Strength of Tulkas: Grants the selected units invincibility for 10 seconds
Rank 4 Woods of Oromë: "Summon Elven Wood" that grants 50% armour and attack
Rank 7 Relief of Estë: Map wide healing spell
Rank 9 Gate of Námo: Pulls all enemies in the targeted area to the centre and upon reaching the centre of the targeted area they are killed (In other terms, they get sent to the Halls of Mandos) leaving no body behind

2. Pallando- The ring corrupts him utterly leaving him a mere servant to Sauron's will, and while he carries it his cloak is utter black, as well as his horse 
Rank 1 Flames of Mount Doom: More powerful version of Purge level 10, with black and red flames instead of white
Rank 2 The Lidless Eye: Aura that reveals the whole map as long as Pallando wields the ring and terrifies all nearby units (Even your own)
Rank 5 Mount/Dismount;
Rank 7 Puppet of Sauron: An aura that is a more powerful version of Banishing aura, it is active as long as Pallando wields the ring   
Rank 10 Judgement of the Dark Lord: Call of Mandos with a more larger area with red and black flame, rather than white

3. Beruthiel- Taking the ring for her own, she uses it to enhance her own powers and attempts to set herself up as an equal to Sauron, only unlike Sauron who she believes has deserted Melkor, she aims to shatter the doors of Night and invoke Dagor Dagoroth prematurely, so as to tip the balance in Melkor's favour, giving him (And she hopes herself) everlasting dominion.
Rank 1 Conversion: Converts enemy units to her cause.
Rank 2 Eternal Despair: Like Ringwraith passive ability but all units (Even your own) also cower in fear.
Rank 5 Dominion of the Dark Lady: Kills the selected units instantly and converts them to Greater Wraiths (Lesser wraiths that can attack and do a small amount of damage), heroes are not affected
Rank 7 Enslavement: Enemy units in a large area are decommissioned and the resources are given to the Cult side.
Rank 10 Champion of the Shadow: Converts one of your own heroes into a Nazgul (Wielding that heroes weapon and keeping their experience level), with that heroes abilities bar their level one which is replaced by Dread Visage, the Nazgul has increased health and attack but if it is killed or Beruthiel (In which case all Nazgul die automatically), the heroes can be retrained but is at level 1

4. Alatar- Upon taking the ring the Valar curse him for deserting his cause, and his cloak becomes red with the blood he has spilled in his path
All abilities do more damage, or have a larger area but upon being cast Alatar inflicts damage upon himself with each ability being cast

I have merged Bladorthin II level 1 ability into his level 3 ability and given him a leadership aura.
Once we have moved to the wiki, I think it would be a good idea having lore for every building, unit, hero and spell to justify why we picked them.

« Letzte Änderung: 5. Jan 2017, 09:52 von lordoflinks »
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #62 am: 5. Jan 2017, 04:45 »
LordofLinks these ring powers look good, but I feel we should limit each selection to 2 ring heroes each. Also, I feel the wraith abilities for Beruthiel (with the One Ring) is lore friendly and acceptable. However, I don't feel she should have the ability to create ring wraiths normally, it goes too much against lore.

I think we should kick off Bladorthin II as the Ring hero and just leave Alatar and Beruthiel as the heroes. Pallando and Empress look good however, I would rather like to see the Empress be the good ring hero and Pallando become corrupted. The reason for this is that BOTH blue wizards fell away in the end. So to say that Pallando could master it, goes against the lore and canon. Have the Empress master it as she is made up and we really don't know what her resistance could have entailed...

As far as Beruthiel and Alatar, let them both become evil. That is what evil does. However, the wraith and keeping heroes at rank 1 might be a little overpowering. Not too sure, but we'll see.

I am still working on the heroes LordofLinks. Almost finished. If you feel there is anything you would like to add or take away, feel free. The only beings I ask to not be changed now are Alatar and Pallando as I feel their powers are both the most canonical and balanced.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #63 am: 5. Jan 2017, 20:53 »
Zitat
Thank you for your kind words. Why it is too late to alter the visual design of the Dorwinion units, the second image you provided is the perfect inspiration for the Avari guard, ambassador and lancer; allowing us to establish them as truly alien, when contrasted with the elves that saw valinor and the light of the trees.

I'm glad that I can help  xD . I can support your work with another visual additions , but already sorry for missinterrpretating yours point of view if I will imagine sth wrong   ;) :

Those one, I think , probably suit to occultic site of Dorvinion faction. Firstly I was thinking about militaria couse of their bad armored looks but they are elves which don't compare with human cultic's concept:

about archers you can take some inspiration from those
the women's ones:

orocami nobles:

and rebels horsemen:

about Vinyard Guard:

if it going about Paladins I found old lotr online concept art:

the targaryen armor from GoT with some redesign would probably suit hoplites an longswords:

about druids I'm not sure that you thing about sth like that:

Cultists:

Feel free to use those concepts and please say if I was near to your concept  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Jan 2017, 21:02 von kmogon »

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #64 am: 6. Jan 2017, 13:04 »
Kmogen;
As I said the academy units visual design is already firm in our minds, but that Paladin concept will work lovely for the Vinyard Guard and Paladins (They are the same unit only one is mounted)
Likewise the Orcani design is useful, as well as the rebel horseman and the cultist art has given me the inspiration of having the cultist be masked. The Druid already has a design, it was an unit in Edain 3.8.1.   
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: 7. Jan 2017, 09:51 »
Lordoflinks

If you are looking for a name for Vinyard Guard, you can use something like Golden Cloak from GoT. It can change depends on color of cloak but the name gives royalty mean.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #66 am: 7. Jan 2017, 12:52 »
@Lord Aytugar
The Vinyard Guard is their name, and I feel it suits them perfectly as the guardians of the Vinyard Court.

In other news the main page of Dorwinion on the wiki is complete, and contains a lovely overview of the fraction and a short history of the realm. Pages of Heroes, Units and Buildings will be gradually added over the next week or so.
View it here:
http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Dorwinion_(Concept)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Jan 2017, 13:32 von lordoflinks »

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #67 am: 9. Jan 2017, 16:55 »
I must say that I'm very intrugued of how will the Empress look like and what would her powers be.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #68 am: 13. Jan 2017, 15:55 »
Is this faction cancelled? Because link is death.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #69 am: 13. Jan 2017, 16:45 »
Is this faction cancelled? Because link is death.
I think no but, it seems that the link is just broken. Here's the real link: http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Dorwinion_(Concept)

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #70 am: 13. Jan 2017, 17:55 »
Gandalf7000

The link you said real, still broken?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #71 am: 13. Jan 2017, 18:00 »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #72 am: 13. Jan 2017, 18:02 »
Only took three tries  :D Because the link contains a parenthesis it is better to link it through hypertext so that the website knows clearly what is the link and what isn't like this. Although Fredius's option also works.

Or you can link the redirect which will redirect the user to the right page:
http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Dorwinion
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: 13. Jan 2017, 19:46 »
Fredius and The_Necromancer0

Thanks for update. I will prove the existence of this faction. Because in one local forum someone claims the otherwise.

Shadowxgate

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #74 am: 22. Jan 2017, 11:19 »
weren't there any dwarves near dorwinion? i could have swore the red mountains were there