28. Mär 2024, 12:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond and the One Ring.  (Gelesen 2953 mal)

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
Elrond and the One Ring.
« am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:40 »
I really don't like Elronds ring hero function. I hate that The Fellowship is a battalion not all 9 heroes separately. I just hate the fact that Legolas isn't using his bow , which he used a a lot more than the daggers in the war of the ring. Yes he might use it once with Weapon Throw but I want him to use it as his primary weapon.

Maybe give us all 9 heroes separately at max level, not with all the abilities and a passive skill that applies to them all. Abilities are based on their journey, they haven't visited Lothlorien yet.

Gandalf the Grey: Wizard blast, Lightning sword and Mount.
Aragon: Blade Master, Athelas and Elendil.
Boromir: Last Stand, Horn of Gondor and Brave Resistance.
Legolas: Knife Fighter, Hawk Strike and Elven Eye.
Gimli: Axe Throw, Leap Attack and Slayer
Frodo: Alternate Weapon, The One Ring and Frodo's Mithril Shirt.
Sam: Alternate Weapon, Frying Pan and For Frodo.
Merry: Alternate Weapon, Eagerness of the Fool.
Pippin: Alternate Weapon, Curiosity of the Fool.

Maybe give Merry and Pippin a passive abilities that when they are near each other they get an armor and damage boost.

Plus the passive ability Fellowship of the Ring for everyone and add a another effect to that ability: decrease armor and damage of all members when a member dies(-10% = one fallen member)(-80% armor and damage to the last member alive). Effect disappears when all members are revived.

This is just my suggestion. Sorry for bad English!
Have a nice day! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Okt 2016, 13:43 von lahe95 »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Elrond and the One Ring.
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:56 »
I can understand your arguement, but disagree for 2 reasons. 

1.  Getting 9 serpreatly controlled heroes from getting the Ring would be incredibly overpowered, especially when those heroes consist of Gimli, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir, all very strong heroes in their own way. 

2.  Their would be problem with the whole ring mechanic.  I'd assume you would want the ring to be dropped if Frodo dies, which would make sense with your proposal.  However, there are 2 problems with that.  First, people would just keep Frodo in their base while the rest of the fellowship is wrecking units elsewhere, which is a bit too good in my eyes.  And second, if Frodo were to die, and Elrond were to pick of the Ring again, this would spawn a second version of every fellowship member besides Frodo, which is obviously not ideal.  With the current system, the entire battalion must die before the ring is dropped. 

Just as a side note, your English is pretty good.  At least, I was able to understand it pretty well  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Okt 2016, 14:25 von Hamanathnath »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Okt 2016, 14:18 »
Hi lahe95. First of all, your English is pretty good and perfectly understandable. You don't have to worry about it at all  :)

Regarding your proposal, I agree with all the balance and practical gameplay points made by Haman. Furthermore, just to widen the perspective a bit, I would say there is a very strong argument against such suggestion of yours: uniqueness.

Conceptual uniqueness is absolutely paramount in the Edain Mod. It's the aspect which grants each faction innovative mechanics and very clever systems. Every Ring system is thus exactly conceived to be unique compared to the others and expected to be based on smart premises. Now think about this, in light of all the differentiated elements of the other factions, would it be wise replacing the concept of the Fellowship (which works in this way to be an exception in the game) with the simplistic idea of using multiple heroes at the same time? Heroes that are already available to other factions and with their abilities halved, by the way.

You may understand that what you propose doesn't comply with all the requirements stated above. Not to mention that the fact of the Fellowship working as a sole entity exactly symbolises its unity; and unity is the central theme of the Fellowship's quest in FOTR, until the fall of Gandalf and the arrival in Lothlórien.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Okt 2016, 17:13 »
I was hoping I will get disagreements and arguments to pin down my suggestion. I understand now. Sorry!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Okt 2016, 17:26 »
I was hoping I will get disagreements and arguments to pin down my suggestion. I understand now. Sorry!
You don't have to apologize for stating your opinion.  It is very welcome and appreciated that you give suggestions for the mod.  That is what the suggestion forums are all about  ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 5. Okt 2016, 18:40 »
What Haman wrote. There would be no point in being part of a forum if you were not to discuss the most diverse range of topics with the other members of the Community  :)

As I don't think that this thread has the right premises to be developed further and that the concept of the Fellowship is pretty much defined in Imladris, I will halt the discussion.

--- LOCKED ---